Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-12-2015, 04:32 PM   #1

Vacuflush motor model on 35K

Hello everyone,
On the '16 35K they did move the vacuflush motor from the prior location that was so hard to get to.
it is no supposedly located in the propane compartment and it is conveniently located right below where I lay my head at night.
There is a quieter model for sale but wanted to see if it is compatible before I inquire further.
"Whisper Motor Upgrade Kit 12 Volts
The NEW WHISPER SERIES MOTOR
Creates 50% less sound than previous motors, makes for a much quieter operation"
Mine is in storage so it'll be a bit before I can check the model.
Anyone know the model on the Bounder for the vacuflush?

Cheers!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2015, 04:43 PM   #2

I believe the whisper pump is a quieter type then the pre 2006 pumps.

It made a big difference in my old ( 80s ) pump, on my boat.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 06:31 AM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Whisper Motor Upgrade Kit 12 Volts
(Pump Style: Bolt (1990 & Up))
385311423 , 311423 1 $234.95 USD

I have a 2012 35K and just recently rebuilt my Vacuflush with the above from [url=http://www.seacoastservices.com. While my Motor did not require to be changed, I chose to do so, hoping that the "Whisper Upgrade" was actually quieter. There is no difference that I can notice and I believe the New whisper motor has actually been in use for many years.I now have a spare motor. I am happy with the upgrade and now have regained confidence in the system.
PS: I am not 100 % sure but believe your system still uses the exact same units as the 2012. Your unit has now been relocated to an area that is easy to get at.

Dave A
Old 11-06-2015, 06:32 PM   #4

This is the new location of the pump. I am wondering if the whisper upgrade in the previous post will quiet my version or is it just for older pumps?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1578.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	274.4 KB
ID:	111304   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1579.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	194.0 KB
ID:	111305  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1580.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	225.0 KB
ID:	111306   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1581.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	241.8 KB
ID:	111307  

Old 11-07-2015, 04:43 AM   #5

Pretty sure the "W" in the model #, means it has the whisper motor.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 09:39 PM   #6

I recently bought a '14 35K and if it has the whisper motor, I would hate to hear how loud it was pre-whisper!!!!
Old 12-11-2015, 07:19 AM   #7

[QUOTE=Bajanbounder;2783387]Whisper Motor Upgrade Kit 12 Volts
(Pump Style: Bolt (1990 & Up))
385311423 , 311423 1 $234.95 USD

I have a 2012 35K and just recently rebuilt my Vacuflush with the above from [url=http://www.seacoastservices.com. While my Motor did not require to be changed, I chose to do so, hoping that the "Whisper Upgrade" was actually quieter. There is no difference that I can notice and I believe the New whisper motor has actually been in use for many years.I now have a spare motor. I am happy with the upgrade and now have regained confidence in the system.
PS: I am not 100 % sure but believe your system still uses the exact same units as the 2012. Your unit has now been relocated to an area that is easy to get at.

Dave A[/QUOTE]
Dave,
Could you give a few details on your pump rebuild regarding access to the pump itself?
I'm a retired aircraft mechanic so I admit to a pretty severe OCD condition where it concerns the maintenance of things.We take delivery of a 2012 35K today and I want to gather as much info as possible just in case it's needed.
JohnH12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 05:58 PM   #8

Can someone tell me why the vacuflush will not flush? The green/red light panel does not come on. I have looked all over the coach for the fuse box and motor. I have a '15 Southwind. Thanks in advance.
tpeddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 06:21 PM   #9

There is a breaker for the system. On my Bounder it is located in the compartment next to the entry door where the inverter is located. It looks like a small silver box with 2 studs on it with wires attached. There is a small black pop out button you may have to feel to find. If your coach sat for awhile and you did not flush out the lines before putting the coach away the bellows may be jammed which is what trips the breaker.
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 09:17 PM   #10

My Hero

I got the response to my question at 9pm here in Montana and I knew I could not sleep unless I went out to find this mysterious little silver box. So flashlight in hand I went out and opened the door of the RV and lo and behold, there under some other wires is this little box with a black button sticking out of it. I hit the button and ran into the RV. .The light was red, there was noise and then........Green Light..... I pushed that pedal down and whooosh.. the sound I was hoping for. Your Sir, are truly my Hero today and if you ever get up this way I hope to repay you with a great fishing trip and a ride into Yellowstone Park.. My wife is so excited now, she doesnt have to run to the outhouse at the KOA this weekend. Thank you and I love this forum and my new Hero.
tpeddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 08:25 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
does any body carry spare parts for the toilet for that system ?
thanks for any reply bob
new rver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 08:34 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by new rver View Post
It depends on the year/model of the toilet (the vacuum generator parts are still readily available). VacuFlush is common in the marine world so start there, places like environmentalmarine.com, seacoastservices.com, marinesan.com, etc. Google will turn up a bunch of others (search on vacuflush toilet parts) I've also found some parts at Dyer's RV.

Michelle
spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 06:24 AM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by new rver View Post
thanks for any reply bob
BOB,

Yes, I carry many spare parts which include vaccum gauge/tester, duckbills, vaccum generator switch,motor, all bowl seals,clamshell kits,water fill valves,bowl clamp ring,lower closet flange seal. I keep all in a plastic tupperware container on board at all times.I only remove the container for the winter . Purchased all at northeast marine sanitation supply they carry almost everything anyone would need. All it took for me was one ruined vacation, carried all parts since, hope this helps.

Rapid Rick
2013 Fleetwood Terra 35K
rapid rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 02:47 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapid rick View Post
BOB,

Yes, I carry many spare parts which include vaccum gauge/tester, duckbills, vaccum generator switch,motor, all bowl seals,clamshell kits,water fill valves,bowl clamp ring,lower closet flange seal. I keep all in a plastic tupperware container on board at all times.I only remove the container for the winter . Purchased all at northeast marine sanitation supply they carry almost everything anyone would need. All it took for me was one ruined vacation, carried all parts since, hope this helps.
I have a 2013 Bounder, with VacuFlush toilets. When we flush front toilet, (1/2 bath) water runs out bottom of rig on ground. If I take toilet off wondering if I will be able to change parts/plumbing under the box like floor under toilet. No leaks above floor. TIA
cooker1110 is offline   Reply With Quote