Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2019, 06:29 PM   #15

hey guys, my bounder has a water hose connection on the water panel that says sani vac u flush. What is it for? i thought it was to hook a water hose, black type, to it and discharge the contents to the sewer. This is what the previous owner said, but now i am wondering, i guess i will hook a old water hose to it, turn it on and send some water through it and see what happens. I kinda like the idea of flushing the commodes in to the sewer as soon as you use it, but i am still confused as to how it works. Thanks charlie king
charlesking is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2019, 09:05 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesking View Post
hey guys, my bounder has a water hose connection on the water panel that says sani vac u flush. What is it for? i thought it was to hook a water hose, black type, to it and discharge the contents to the sewer. This is what the previous owner said, but now i am wondering, i guess i will hook a old water hose to it, turn it on and send some water through it and see what happens. I kinda like the idea of flushing the commodes in to the sewer as soon as you use it, but i am still confused as to how it works. Thanks charlie king
Hi Charle,

That's the 'Sani-flush' connector. It's actually a connector to hook up to water to 'flush' the black tank clean. There are 'sprinklers' in the tank, hooking up a separate water hose (NOT the one you use for fresh water) to the hookup will spray out the inside of the tank.

Make absolutely sure you open the black tank valve before you begin, I didn't one day, got distracted and had sewage backup through the roof vent...

I typically will rinse the black tank the night before moving day for 5-10mins to flush it out.

Ron
rmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 09:40 AM   #17

vac u flush

Thanks, the tank clean out makes a lot sense. I installed one on my 99 southwind. But all it did is fill the tank drain and eventually the tank to rinse it out. So i guess the vac u gadget can be left off if a person wants to. Or on, and can use a black tank cap with a water hose connection and and pump the tank empty. Makes more sense now. Thanks for your help. Charlie King
charlesking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 03:29 PM   #18

Hello Charles,

RE: 2019 33C Bounder Dometic Vacu Flush toilet.

We have a 2019 33C Bounder that has a very loud noise when flushing. We are experiencing a lot of noise from the pump. It is so loud you can hear it 10 yards from the coach. Everyone we have contacted has said it is normal. Can you give us any insight into how to resolve this issue? We appreciate your help!

Thank you!! Stay healthy!!
argoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 03:55 PM   #19

Welcome to the world of vacuflush. Yep it can be quite loud especially from the passenger side of the vehicle where the pump is located. As long as it’s flushing ok it’s working. Some people have lined the compartment where the pump is with sound proofing material
Old 03-26-2020, 04:04 PM   #20

And that's with the " New " quiet pump.

I had a pump from the 80s and it was like a hammer beating on a board.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 05:38 PM   #21
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by argoint View Post
Hello Charles,

RE: 2019 33C Bounder Dometic Vacu Flush toilet.

We have a 2019 33C Bounder that has a very loud noise when flushing. We are experiencing a lot of noise from the pump. It is so loud you can hear it 10 yards from the coach. Everyone we have contacted has said it is normal. Can you give us any insight into how to resolve this issue? We appreciate your help!

Thank you!! Stay healthy!!
Does it sound like someone beating on the sidewall with their hand? That is not normal and a competent repair shop should know that.
Old 03-30-2020, 05:23 AM   #22

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16bounder View Post
Have had to replace my vacuum pump 3 times now, in 3 years. Yes, we live in it full time and since have we have the bath and 1/2..they both work off the vacuum pump. I keep a fully functioning pump in reserve, as when the one being used goes....well, we gott go as well!!! Rebuild when replaced-always have a spare to go!!

Bought my 2016 Bounder 35K new in Dec. 2015. From the git-go we have never dropped a single piece of toilet tissue down the thing. We use a covered container next to the ceramic bowl, and no odors.
Also flush with copious amounts of water for 10 seconds, not three.
Today is March 30, 2020, and we never had to rebuild, or replace a pump or the duck bills.
Am I kidding myself, or it it just a matter of time?
wayno347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 07:12 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayno347 View Post
Bought my 2016 Bounder 35K new in Dec. 2015. From the git-go we have never dropped a single piece of toilet tissue down the thing. We use a covered container next to the ceramic bowl, and no odors.
Also flush with copious amounts of water for 10 seconds, not three.
Today is March 30, 2020, and we never had to rebuild, or replace a pump or the duck bills.
Am I kidding myself, or it it just a matter of time?
Do you full time in it ?

If not, you will get more time out of it.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 12:45 PM   #24

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayno347 View Post
From the git-go we have never dropped a single piece of toilet tissue down the thing. We use a covered container next to the ceramic bowl, and no odors.
Ewwwww.... You may not smell it.. but your guests will...
Had my fill of outhouses growing up...
We are "Full Timers" with the Magnum-Opus .

I just service the toilet and vacuum pump every 2 years.. No big deal if you use a good quality(ultra quick dissolving) RV TP...
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
switch