Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-20-2020, 03:21 PM   #1

Vacuflush toilets

Anyone else have one of these super flushers thats has electric pump for flushing?
Great toilet, but i cant get the rear one to retain water inthe bowl. Everytime i fill it, it slowly goes down.
Any ideas??? I took the shell off but i cant figure any of it out and didnt want to screw anything up.
DonB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2020, 04:34 PM   #2

Step on the pedal and take a scrungy sponge and clean under the soft seal that rubs on the flush ball.

If that don't fix it, tighten the large clamp around the top and base sections.

If that don't fix it, you need to losen the clamp, lift off the bowl and replace the seal. The deal will have instructions.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 12:37 PM   #3

Could be many reasons why the bowl is not holding vacuum and losing water. There is a diagnostic chart (if I recall) how to troubleshoot.
Mine was a cracked flange and replaced under warranty a few years ago. The flange is what holds the bowl to the floor. It needs to be installed correctly and if not tightened in the correct order to the proper specs it will crack (so Dometic told me). And we can just think how much the manufacturers follow the manufacturers instructions when building these RVs {sad}
computerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 01:23 PM   #4

If you lose water, it has to be the seal or scrachs on the ball.

Anything below that will cause constant pump cycling or running, but not water out of the bowl.
Old 02-23-2020, 07:50 AM   #5

I have checked all the connections, no leak, no clog. Put rubber glove on and got hand in as far as i could and felt around and cleaned around rim. Water still slowly receeds
Old 02-23-2020, 09:57 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
If you are handy remove the bowl and replace the rubber seals that is the only fix you need if the problem is holding water. Don't forget to buy some silicone grease to apply when installing the new seals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonB2 View Post
I have checked all the connections, no leak, no clog. Put rubber glove on and got hand in as far as i could and felt around and cleaned around rim. Water still slowly receeds
Cacique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 10:40 AM   #7

Check the flush ball for scratches. If its got some, a new seal will still leak.

Did you scrungy the underside of the Teflon seal ?
Old 02-23-2020, 12:09 PM   #8
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
What I do is clean the seal good, my toilet brush is small enough to fit down the hole. Round and round, up and down. Then there is always the wife's toothbrush. LOL

Let the pedal snap back, Just flush and let your foot slide off the end.

Maybe the spring is getting weak?

Twinboat has given you great advice.
Old 02-23-2020, 10:22 PM   #9

What flush ball???? I put my hand down as far as i could which wasnt far and did not feel a ball even rubbed around the rubber area. Still water receedes
Old 02-24-2020, 05:14 AM   #10

Before you step on the pedal, looking into the toilet, there is a white roundish looking thing.

Its shaped like a section of a ball and rubs against the toilet water seal. When you step on the pedal, it rotates out of the way.

Here is something to try. Push the flush pedal to the floor and slip your foot off it, letting it slam shut. If that stops the water from going away, your good to go.

Tags
toilet