Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-29-2022, 02:02 PM   #1

Vacuum flush repair

I have 2016 Bounder 33c with vacuum flush system. Over 6 yrs old & still working, it just takes a lot longer to build up vacuum. Has anyone rebuilt the vacuum system. Where did you get the parts & how hard to get vacuum unit out of itís tight space.
RM travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2022, 04:46 PM   #2
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Marinesan.com for parts.

Run a couple of bowls of Dawn through the system. Turn off pump and flush letting the last sit in the pump overnight. Then turn on pump before starting the job.

Yours is over the propane tank, correct? It is a slight PIA but not overwhelming.

Heat gun or hair dryer to soften the hoses to pull them off, back the hold-down bolts off and the pump removes. Don't knock out the pipe to the black tank, it's a royal pain to get back in.

Pull the duckbills, pay attention to their orientation, lube the new ones with plumber grease or similar. Don't over tighten. Pop the lid off the pump, clean up and put in new bellows, pay attention the the "O"-rings.
Old 11-29-2022, 05:08 PM   #3

If the bowl holds water, just change the duck bill valves. There are 4, 2 each side.

If the bellows fails, waste leaks out of the pump. At 6 years may be time to replace it.

Google VacuFlush and you'll find a few good vendors. Lots of marine part stores carry parts too.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 05:30 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR View Post
Marinesan.com for parts.

Run a couple of bowls of Dawn through the system. Turn off pump and flush letting the last sit in the pump overnight. Then turn on pump before starting the job.

Yours is over the propane tank, correct? It is a slight PIA but not overwhelming.

Heat gun or hair dryer to soften the hoses to pull them off, back the hold-down bolts off and the pump removes. Don't knock out the pipe to the black tank, it's a royal pain to get back in.

Pull the duckbills, pay attention to their orientation, lube the new ones with plumber grease or similar. Don't over tighten. Pop the lid off the pump, clean up and put in new bellows, pay attention the the "O"-rings.

Tks great advice
Old 11-29-2022, 05:31 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
If the bowl holds water, just change the duck bill valves. There are 4, 2 each side.

If the bellows fails, waste leaks out of the pump. At 6 years may be time to replace it.

Google VacuFlush and you'll find a few good vendors. Lots of marine part stores carry parts too.

Tks Twinboat your help is always right on
Old 11-29-2022, 09:12 PM   #6

I have a 2016 35k. I recommend replacing the bellows at 6 years. Went through a catastrophic bellows rupture while camping. Fortunately had the rebuild kit on hand but what a mess I had to deal with. My 2 daughters slapped on the rubber gloves and helped Daddy clean up while I spent the next 2 hours rebuilding the pump. Probably would have taken me less time had I not had to struggle with the clamps that secure the bellows to the pump housing
Old 12-04-2022, 01:49 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Here is where I got mine:
https://www.aquastardistributors.com/

Just take your time and lots of pictures. Yes it is tight no room to work but doable. R&R duckbills and bellows about 3 hours to do.
AlanTerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 08:10 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Here is a video which explains alot about rebuilding the system.
Aquastardistributors.com
Old 12-05-2022, 12:20 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Forgot to add aquastardistrutors have great customer service and if you need help they are a phone call away.
AlanTerry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, flush, repair, vacuum