Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2020, 12:42 PM   #1

Water Pressure

A recent issue with water pressure on our 2018 Discovery LXE.
We have used the water pump often to pick up for the poor pressure at RV parks. Now recently we have poor pressure even using the water pump. I inspected / removed and cleaned the filter at the pump, also inspected the filter at the intake for city water (it's a whole house type filter). Any ideas here?
I could understand if there was an issue with the city water hook up, but it now becomes confusing to me when both the city water hookup and the water pump now have issues. We now have issues with flushing the toilet due to low pressure.
Thanks !!!
hfd774853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2020, 08:01 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfd774853 View Post
A recent issue with water pressure on our 2018 Discovery LXE.
We have used the water pump often to pick up for the poor pressure at RV parks. Now recently we have poor pressure even using the water pump. I inspected / removed and cleaned the filter at the pump, also inspected the filter at the intake for city water (it's a whole house type filter). Any ideas here?
I could understand if there was an issue with the city water hook up, but it now becomes confusing to me when both the city water hookup and the water pump now have issues. We now have issues with flushing the toilet due to low pressure.
Thanks !!!

Is the poor water pressure at ALL locations, kitchen, shower, outdoor shower? Somewhere there must be a restriction. Check all your valves...they are hidden all over the coach.
Fugitive861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 04:12 PM   #3

Does anyone around you complain about park water pressure? Do you have at least 12 vdc at the pump? Remove all filters. Do you have a water pressure gauge? are you using a pressure limiter at the park water? Typical fresh water pumps are between 45-55 PSI. Iced up?

Lots of things can cause poor water pressure. Keep checking and reply to our questions please.
Old 01-23-2020, 07:06 AM   #4

Water Pressure

Good morning fellow RVer's !!!
Well, here's the rest of the story.
Prior to our trip the first part of January I installed a new water filter which was working just fine. Then, when water pressure tanked I started checking the pressure at the faucet which was 60 psi. I took off the pressure valve which for some reason is now stuck on 68 psi. Guess it needs replaced.

After going through the process of elimination, the problem is the new filter. For some reason the filter is plugged (even though the exterior of the filter still looks new). Replaced the filter and all is well.
Thank you all for your responses.
hfd774853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 08:39 AM   #5

Glad you found the problem. I use to change that large, pricey filter behind the wet bay panel but sometime ago I removed it and just use the inline water hose filters. I install this filter between the water input in the wet bay and end of the water hose. This way the filter also filters out the hose water too.
Old 01-24-2020, 08:52 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfd774853 View Post
After going through the process of elimination, the problem is the new filter.

I thought, at least on ours, but I thought on all, the water goes through the whole house filter when coming on board, meaning when filling the freshwater tank. Not when pumping water from the freshwater tank. This seems counter to your conclusion. Am I wrong?
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, water pressure