Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2017, 07:32 PM   #15

Firetruckin
Hope you find it. When you do please post the location info to increase the knowledge base of this forum.

Good Luck!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2017, 11:19 AM   #16

Mystery Solved

After receiving a second set of schematics from Fleetwood I found an additional page that wasn't included with the first set. It was specifically for the water pump wiring. Amazingly the work order title for the schematics was "Water Pump Wiring WITHOUT Controller"! Now I can finally fix the problem. I'll rewire the system and replace the switches (water pump was already replaced). Thanks to all that responded.
firetruckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 11:37 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by firetruckin View Post
After receiving a second set of schematics from Fleetwood I found an additional page that wasn't included with the first set. It was specifically for the water pump wiring. Amazingly the work order title for the schematics was "Water Pump Wiring WITHOUT Controller"! Now I can finally fix the problem. I'll rewire the system and replace the switches (water pump was already replaced). Thanks to all that responded.
Excellent. Zactly my experience. When in doubt try try again.
Let us know if it actually works after your rewire.
Still sounds like a weird anomaly only popping the fuse when turning it off.
Old 01-19-2017, 02:18 PM   #18

Everything works! I'm guessing that when the hot wire melted on the exhaust the previous owners didn't know what happened. They (or dealer) took the switches out to check things. They hooked the wires up wrong (or maybe it was that way from the factory). I think that depending on the combination of which way either of the two switches were set it would sometimes work and sometimes short out. With the exact schematics I was able put everything how it should be.

I even had enough time to install an 'external' transmission temperature gauge today along with my sewer hose storage tube cut into the rear basement area. Later I'll fabricate my outside TV mounting bracket.
firetruckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 03:29 PM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
2001 pace arrow water pump "controller"

i had multiple problems due to an over dc voltage problem which also took
out the water pump controller. I also HUNTED for the black 3" square box
In the mean time I needed the pump. I measured 12 vdc(red wire to the pump OK. that means to run the pump (assuming the pressure switch sais I need water) I grounded out the black wire to the pump.. Wala pump runs on demand (may have to open a faucet) . Finally I found the box under my refrigerator and ordered a replacement on the internet. only one resistor was fried and when I got the new box, I took it apart to find the resistor value and repaired the old one for a spare. neat way to allowing multiple switches to pulse on or off the pump ground. my only suggestion is to temp ground the black wire to the motor near the pump and see if the fuse blows when the pump stops (or you unground it). if ok then the problem is not the pump or pressure switch.
my controller cost aboutr $30 my wifes happines..priceless
artaslesen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder, cat, water, water pump