RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-16-2017, 02:21 PM   #1

Water Pump Controller Location 2014 Bounder

I am having a difficult time locating my water pump controller. Fleetwood sent me wiring schematics but there is nothing showing the controller. They also sent a picture of the controller so I would know what to look for. I have a 2014 Fleetwood Bounder Classic 30T. There is a switch near the entry and one in the bathroom. I keep blowing fuses every time I turn the pump "off". I replaced the water pump and tore apart everything I could find to locate the controller. From my research it sounds like it is causing the problems (if it even exists on my coach). Thanks much if anyone can help.
firetruckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-16-2017, 11:31 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
There is no controller so to speak. You have at least two switches and they simply turn the pump either on or off from either location. Your saying when you turn it on it runs fine but when you turn it off, it pops the fuse?
Old 01-17-2017, 09:36 AM   #3

I'm guessing it's not much different than my 2014 Southwind. You should have a water pump controller. Mine is on the floor inside the bedroom dresser cabinet. Remove one of the drawers and look in the floor area. Mine is next to the on board surge suppressor at the right end of the cabinet.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:59 AM   #4

Water pump controller?
This is news to me. I was under the impression the water pump will pump up to a certain pressure when there is power supplied. No power supplied and it doesn't pump to the pressure set.
The switches throughout the coach simply toggle power on/off to the pump.
Can anyone provide more info on the "water pump controller"? Or is it possible this is specific to the Bounder Classic and not a straight old Bounder?
Old 01-17-2017, 10:12 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerguy View Post
Water pump controller?
This is news to me. I was under the impression the water pump will pump up to a certain pressure when there is power supplied. No power supplied and it doesn't pump to the pressure set.
The switches throughout the coach simply toggle power on/off to the pump.
Can anyone provide more info on the "water pump controller"? Or is it possible this is specific to the Bounder Classic and not a straight old Bounder?
when there are multi water pump switches in a RV there generally controlled by a controller. Its a little flat black box about 3 inches square and also there will be a relay
I believe pdfBlue has verified the most likely location on a Fleetwood B MH
select55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 11:45 AM   #6

I have searched the "electrical area" under the dresser by pulling drawers out several times and found nothing. I will look again today though. Fleetwood sent me the complete wiring schematics for the coach and I found nothing showing the controller. But, they also sent me a picture of the Intellitec controller telling me it was the one they used. An additional bit of information on the topic...While crawling around underneath tracing wires I found the 12V+ wire had touched against the exhaust and melted. I repaired that. I believe that could have fried the controller (if it exists). If my coach doesn't have the controller then I guess it could be possible that the circuit board with the fuses could have shorted. I had to replace one of those in an old RV. Thanks for all your responses. I'm on my way to searching the dresser area for the umpteenth time.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:52 AM   #7

After reading back through the posts...

mojoracing, I believe our coaches are probably the same with two switches. So now I will also consider that one or both switches are bad or the fuse panel. I will still take one more look for the controller though.
Old 01-17-2017, 12:09 PM   #8

That adds to the mystery.
Does the fuse blow now that the wire is is no longer shorted?
I have the multiplex system so that is why mine would be different than yours.
When you say they sent "all" the schematics I would really question that. I found that they send some of them. But as you (really I) dug deeper there was always more to be had. I would contact FW CS (Cara actually, I think she cringes when she gets an email from me) and ask more specifically of what I was looking for. There is actually a doc call 12 V Harness Chassis Wiring and 12V Hareness Routing that shows exactly where things are, # of feet for a specific reference point etc. It was pretty helpful when I was researching the wiring for my upcoming upgrade. Might help in your case.
Old 01-17-2017, 12:24 PM   #9

Cara is the one who emailed me the drawings. I did get the documents you are talking about (kudos to Cara for getting the stuff to me quickly). I think I will contact her again to see if anyone at Fleetwood can give me a definitive answer on the Water Control Module. I did try running the pump with the repaired wire and no luck. If I put a new fuse in while the pump is on it works. As soon as I switch it off it blows the fuse. That's the reason I'm thinking that it would be a controller problem. The controller works on the negative not positive to activate the pump from multiple switches.
Old 01-17-2017, 05:09 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by firetruckin View Post
I have searched the "electrical area" under the dresser by pulling drawers out several times and found nothing. I will look again today though. Fleetwood sent me the complete wiring schematics for the coach and I found nothing showing the controller. But, they also sent me a picture of the Intellitec controller telling me it was the one they used. An additional bit of information on the topic...While crawling around underneath tracing wires I found the 12V+ wire had touched against the exhaust and melted. I repaired that. I believe that could have fried the controller (if it exists). If my coach doesn't have the controller then I guess it could be possible that the circuit board with the fuses could have shorted. I had to replace one of those in an old RV. Thanks for all your responses. I'm on my way to searching the dresser area for the umpteenth time.
I'm betting you have a controller. You may have to call Fleetwood to find where it is. In the drawings that Fleetwood sent me it is showed under the sink but pretty sure it's actually in the back where I mentioned earlier. Not sure where it might be in your rig.

http://www.precisioncircuitsinc.com/...ntrol-RevE.pdf
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	149373  
Attached Images

Old 01-18-2017, 12:13 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Now that I understand your post a bit better, I believe there is a controller. I have the regular bounder not the classic and I actually have 4 different switches throughout the coach and I do think I have a controller and came across it once. Problem is I can't remember where. I will wrack the memory banks and get back to you.
Old 01-18-2017, 12:14 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Might not do much good since we have different floor plans. I have one in each bath, one in kitchen and one in the water compartment
Old 01-18-2017, 06:56 AM   #13

Water pump location on Discovery 40x

One of the great things about these forums is it makes me think about what and where things are in my coach!

I didn't even know I have a pump controller and thought the pump was just connected to several switches that operated the pump.

The controller is near the pump on my coach...

Click image for larger version

Name:	water pump controller.PNG
Views:	336
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	149429
Old 01-18-2017, 12:47 PM   #14

I contacted Fleetwood again and they are sure I have a controller but the problem is they have no idea where it is.

I have removed all panels in the basement compartments, removed all drawers, dismantled the base of the bathroom cabinet, took the base out from the kitchen cabinet, took apart the dinette to look under benchs and found nothing. Fleetwood's best guess is the controller is near the water pump. The only thing near there is a controller for my auto leveling system (mounted above water pump). The water pump has a two wires that drop underneath and run down the chassis. The red with white tracer crosses above the exhaust system and goes back up into the coach at the rear near my utility compartment. The black wire drops down and runs the length of the frame on the curbside. At this point I might run all of my own wiring with it's own fuse, controller and new switches. Thanks for all that have been trying to help.

Tags
bounder, cat, water, water pump