Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-18-2017, 08:29 AM   #1

Where is slide out relay on 98 Discovery?

I cannot locate the slide out relay on my 98 Discovery 36T.

Tracing the wires backwards from the slide motor, they get lost in a bundle underneath the coach heading towards the front. I can't find anything inside the front access door, or under the dash.

Tracing the wires from the slideout key control switch, they appear to go into the ceiling. It also appears that a previous owner made some modifications. Two wires are spliced into the In and Out sides of the switch. These also go into the ceiling. I'm not sure what this could be since it would only be powered when the switch is turned.

So here is my problem. When I went outside of my house this morning, I heard the warning beeper (that sounds when the slide is in motion) coming from my motorhome. It was beeping for a few seconds, then off for a few seconds, then repeating. When I went into the coach, I could see the slide moving in just a little like it was trying to close really tight. To me, it appeared that the switch was stuck in the "slide in" position. The auto-resetting circuit breaker was coming in and out, as the motor was overloading. I wiggled the switch but could not get it to stop. I eventually had to disconnect the battery to get it to stop. I pulled the switch and disconnected it altogether (quick connector). That is when I noticed the spliced wires modification. The beeping continues when I hook the battery back up, so the problem is not in the key switch.

Note, everything was fine last weekend when I used the motor home last. And, I did not notice any beeping when I was outside last night. It had to have started while I was asleep in the house overnight. No one has been in the MH for days.

It is parked in an unusual place and perhaps the automatic sprinklers got something wet and caused it? It is just weird that it would start doing that all by itself.

At any rate, I need to locate the relay so I can troubleshoot. Any help?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2017, 10:37 PM   #2

I have the same mh and may not have had the same problem you have but well share what i found out. My slid was out and would not come in. Under the fridge on the left hand side. Fuses and breaker are on the right. When i look in the left hand side i can see for better term a terminal board, mounted on it are some resistors and a fuse. There are 3 or 4 wires
connected to this board. The board is a common item to get, i got mine on ebay. Hope this helps.
Salmon Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 12:26 PM   #3

Found

Thanks for the info. Like you said, I found the relay controller underneath the refrigerator. Evidently, the refrigerator had turned off and defrosted. Water entered this space and got the board wet.

I have ordered a new one.

Tags
cover, discovery, slide, slide out