Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-06-2015, 10:54 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondrew View Post
When I run my dash AC (not the roof unit) the condenser fan under the chassis sounds like a cheap hair dryer running full blast. You can hear it going on and off as the AC cycles.
gotcha...

x's 2
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2015, 04:43 PM   #30

We just purchased a 2016 35e Excursion and think we may have a lemon!! The list of major things wrong on our maiden voyage is absolutely ridiculous for a new RV! Most major being the fridge quit working after a few days and the generator quit. Right now our top bunk bangs so loud that it hurts our ears riding over bumps, we stuffed mesh in there to help, but it sounds like its going to crash down, and under the front window sounds like styrofoam rubbing together and driving us crazy!! Did anyone else have this??? We are extremely disappointed in our purchase and the quality lacking in our motorhome. Fleetwood has been Contacted multiple times on our trip.
rklubbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 04:57 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by rklubbers View Post
We just purchased a 2016 35e Excursion and think we may have a lemon!! The list of major things wrong on our maiden voyage is absolutely ridiculous for a new RV! Most major being the fridge quit working after a few days and the generator quit. Right now our top bunk bangs so loud that it hurts our ears riding over bumps, we stuffed mesh in there to help, but it sounds like its going to crash down, and under the front window sounds like styrofoam rubbing together and driving us crazy!! Did anyone else have this??? We are extremely disappointed in our purchase and the quality lacking in our motorhome. Fleetwood has been Contacted multiple times on our trip.

It's a 200 mile trip for you down to Decatur, IN. Call customer service with a comprehensive list of issues with your coach and make an appointment at the factory to have your issues sorted out. You might have to burn a week of vacation but it will pay off.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 09:11 AM   #32

We are still trying to get issues fixed on our 2015 33D, delivered in January. Trying to get to Decatur in Sept.
hdfxrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 04:24 AM   #33

There is an authorized service center a few miles from the factory, Sullivan's, that will get you in much faster if you get tired of waiting. They took care of my list.
Jmills1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 06:53 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmills1975 View Post
There is an authorized service center a few miles from the factory, Sullivan's, that will get you in much faster if you get tired of waiting. They took care of my list.
Thanks. I'll call them tomorrow.
Old 08-19-2015, 12:47 PM   #35

I have a 2015 excursion 35b. No issues yet, with two cross country trips. BUT I do have the styrofoam squeaking under the dash! It's not constant and usually only happens after a large bump in the road and last for about 10 mins. It is the most annoying sound and drives us insane. Has anyone found a solution to this?

2015 Fleetwood Excursion 35b
Gdgb23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 06:58 AM   #36

We have ours back at the dealer because Fleetwood in Decatur couldn't get to it for a month!! This is just so ridiculous for a brand new RV and wasting time off our warranty. My husband has called Fleetwood every day because they don't call us back. He talks to people but they never resolve any of the problems or have given us any compensation or extended warranty in writing. We would have never purchased ours if we would have known! There is truly no pride in the workmanship anymore and no honesty in the product sold. We are worried the next time we take ours on the road the whole thing will fall apart on any bump in the road (as literally several pieces have on our first trip).
Ours still makes the foam squeak noise in the dash which hopefully is getting fixed because it will drive anyone crazy on a 22 hour drive!
rklubbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 04:41 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdgb23 View Post
I have a 2015 excursion 35b. No issues yet, with two cross country trips. BUT I do have the styrofoam squeaking under the dash! It's not constant and usually only happens after a large bump in the road and last for about 10 mins. It is the most annoying sound and drives us insane. Has anyone found a solution to this?

2015 Fleetwood Excursion 35b
A previous Excursion owner, LVRVLUVR, found that If you pull off the rubber strip going across the top of your dashboard you will see the dash mounting screws. He drove longer self tapping screws in so the dash was more securely connected to the cross member. This worked for me also in my 2014 Excursion. Search under his user name and I think he had photos of the fix.
Old 08-21-2015, 06:24 AM   #38

Winnebago Owners Club
I now have 70 documented problems with my new Excursion 35E. It was supposed to go to Fleetwood in Decatur on August 18th but once they saw the list they determined we would have to be out of the coach for 2+ weeks and of course they aren't going to pay the hotel bill. We are in the middle of a 4-month trip so had to switch plans to take it to a different dealer when we return to Florida.

We too have the dashboard squeak as well as two misaligned slides and a floor in the rear of the coach that is buckled. Oh and we have water in the coach when anyone uses the shower. That is just 4 of the still unresolved 43 problems.

There is a distinct difference between building a coach for cheap and cheaply building a coach and unfortunately Fleetwood is doing both. I could go on and on.
"The Dutch Oven AdventuresII"
ensiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 06:37 AM   #39

Winnebago Owners Club
I now have 70 documented problems with my new Excursion 35E. It was supposed to go to Fleetwood in Decatur on August 18th but once they saw the list they determined we would have to be out of the coach for 2+ weeks and of course they aren't going to pay the hotel bill. We are in the middle of a 4-month trip so had to switch plans to take it to a different dealer when we return to Florida.

We too have the dashboard squeak as well as two misaligned slides and a floor in the rear of the coach that is buckled. Oh and we have water in the coach when anyone uses the shower. That is just 4 of the still unresolved 43 problems.

There is a distinct difference between building a coach for cheap and cheaply building a coach and unfortunately Fleetwood is doing both. I could go on and on.
ensiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 07:01 AM   #40

Could someone with a 2015, with the TV and stereo on the outside, look under the couch and see if they have an unterminated wire just laying on the tile? If you do, don't let it touch anything. It will arc and blow your fuse to your PowerJack antenna. I'm just curious if that's standard low quality or something special on mine.
Jmills1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 06:44 PM   #41

Purchased a used 2013 on May 2015. Love it except not a fan of the residential refrigerator. It will not cool to a proper temp. Fridge at 40 and freezer at 20 degrees. Hope to get a residential repair person to look at it. The RV repair people at dealership (camping world) don't see a problem.
jburdette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 07:00 AM   #42

We had the problem with the blown antenna fuse. Started after the grandkids used the seatbelts on the couch. Turns out they were all tangled up with the TV wires. Discovered the exposed wires by accident while untangling the wires. This was after replacing about 5 fuses, usually after driving the coach and jostling the wires. Taped the exposed ends and no more problems. However, now the outside radio has stopped working. Haven't found the source of that problem yet. Fuses are ok and it seems to be getting power to the rear connection.