Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-02-2015, 06:34 PM   #43

Fleetwood Owners Club
Nice MH...
I love it and it was a toss up between the 33D and the Tiffin Breeze, could not find any Tiffins for reasonable money, and the 2015 33D we did find the deal went south in a hurry, General RV is unique.
We managed to get them down to 135 over the phone, when the docs got here it was 137,9 lolololol....hard to trust someone when your in NH their in MI.....and they fib.
So, on the hunt again, but barring anymore issues were liking the 33D....and will search one out.
trackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2015, 08:23 PM   #44

Just got home from Ft Wilderness today and saw 2 other Excursions, a 2015 and a 2016. I seem to be noticing more and more of them.
Old 09-13-2015, 06:19 AM   #45

Fleetwood Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
we had ares 35e for over a year love it just came back from fl.as are daughter had baby.got lot of bugs out of her.talk to a couple at campground that just bought 2016 bounder nothing but trouble lots of elec prob.
new rver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 06:20 PM   #46

We're joining the ranks of Excursion Owners. Just put down deposit on 2015 Excursion 35B. This forum will definitely be helpful. Thanks All. Rick

Ridemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 07:39 PM   #47

Fleetwood Owners Club
Congrats Rick,

I think you will be happy, course expect the usual litany of issues, hopefully they will be minimal and if your somewhat mechanical many you can resolve yourself.
So far our 15 33D, had to lube all the locks around the MH, reattach the Valance over our dining room table someone missed the backing board, the screen door needs adjustment it keeps breaking the plastic lock that keeps it attached to the main door, replaced the door seal Gen RV sent it to me, tracking down the infamous squeaks and rattles. Nothing IMO that is earth shattering or distracts from ownership.

Otherwise Good-Luck there is another thread which is pretty long, check it out.
Old 10-20-2015, 11:46 PM   #48

We picked up our 35B last month from La Mesa in Davis, CA. They put forth a good effort to complete everything on our PDI List, not perfect, but a valiant effort. We will return it some time in November to take care of some minor issues. Overall, I am happy with the coach after two weekend trips. No problems with the dash squeak that others have experienced. I DO NOT like the brake lights activating with the exhaust brake at all. I must turn off the SMI Brake Controller in my 2015 Jeep Wrangler (see other thread). I had another coach almost rear end me when I actually applied the brakes due to a traffic slowdown while going down a long grade coming into Virginia City, NV. Here is my rig sitting in the driveway at home, ready to go. JH
micpib1354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 03:10 PM   #49

2015 Excursion 33D

Spent 3 days at the repair facility in Decatur in mid Sept. Fixed many problems: Front dash squeak, damaged floor from front slide, microwave squeak, bedroom trim which had fallen off, sticking bathroom door, outside radio/cd/dvd player which had stopped working, roof leak in shower area, leak in basement compartment, bedroom door floor latch, freezer door, etc. Did not fix engine oil leak. Need to get a new dipstick tube, which in becoming problematic. Paid for an alignment which was desperately needed (I think this should have been a warranty issue, as it was never aligned properly).
I would highly recommend a visit to the Decatur facility to fix the initial problems of a new coach. The techs are very good and know how to fix things (unlike the dealer in Tampa). The have a parking lot with electric for overnight stays. The coach is returned to the lot each night. Best thing is you can visit your coach in the shop any time or stay in it all day to observe what is going on.
hdfxrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 05:20 PM   #50

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood is having a driver pick my 35E up and take it back to Decatur for repair. After months of problems and a list growing to over 80 documented issues I had an appointment to take it LazyDays once we landed back in Florida. Upon arrival the service advisor said they wouldn't accept the coach for repair. Evidently they abandon the diesel Fleetwood line earlier this year because of such poor quality in the build process and the amount of issues the coaches were arriving to the dealership with.

I have the option of driving it up there myself and being reimbursed for mileage plus airfare that I am considering since I don't really care for a driver that makes his money per mile.

I truly hope the repair facility in Decatur is as good as I keep hearing about.
"The Dutch Oven AdventuresII"
ensiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 05:40 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensiv View Post
Fleetwood is having a driver pick my 35E up and take it back to Decatur for repair. After months of problems and a list growing to over 80 documented issues I had an appointment to take it LazyDays once we landed back in Florida. Upon arrival the service advisor said they wouldn't accept the coach for repair. Evidently they abandon the diesel Fleetwood line earlier this year because of such poor quality in the build process and the amount of issues the coaches were arriving to the dealership with.

I have the option of driving it up there myself and being reimbursed for mileage plus airfare that I am considering since I don't really care for a driver that makes his money per mile.

I truly hope the repair facility in Decatur is as good as I keep hearing about.

Do you know when your coach was produced? I heard a presentation by Tim Sullivan, the CEO of ASV, parent company of Fleetwood. Back in the spring, he fired the entire production management team at Decatur. QC wasn't up to ASVs standards. They shut down production for a couple of weeks and put a bunch of coaches back through QC. They seem to have made a serious commitment to QC and customer support. If you have time to make the trip you should probably do it.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 07:08 PM   #52

Fleetwood Owners Club
WOW,

Gives me a fuzzy warm feeling as our MH was built in Nov of 14, yikes. We've taken the MH on a few jaunts and found there is some rattles and squeaks, to what degree these can be eliminated is questionable.
I have not noticed any major mechanical issues so far, other than it appears the leveling system seems to miss the mark somewhat and the rear doesn't level off correctly, this after we parked the MH in a fairly level garage stored inside the other day.
As I said the other issues are mostly minor annoyances, but if I find the issues become substantial I'll send the MH back to FW.
Were going to take the MH to Freightliner/Cummins soon and put it on a computer and perhaps while it's there they'll look at the rear of the coach and may pinpoint the leveling problem.
It is a nice MH, entry level, I'm sure, at a MSRP of 200K it should have the substance that demands a decent product.
Old 10-22-2015, 04:49 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackeer View Post
WOW,

Were going to take the MH to Freightliner/Cummins soon and put it on a computer and perhaps while it's there they'll look at the rear of the coach and may pinpoint the leveling problem.
Not sure FL/Cummins will be of much help with your leveling system. That's usually something an RV dealer would address. My leveling system does ok, but if I really want the coach level enough the fridge and bathroom doors don't close themselves I manually tweak the levelers. Most times I bias the level towards the drivers side rear so the AC water drains away from the front.
Old 10-22-2015, 06:53 AM   #54

We never received instructions for the levelers. How do you tweak it?
Old 10-22-2015, 07:05 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackeer View Post
WOW,

Gives me a fuzzy warm feeling as our MH was built in Nov of 14, yikes. We've taken the MH on a few jaunts and found there is some rattles and squeaks, to what degree these can be eliminated is questionable.
I have not noticed any major mechanical issues so far, other than it appears the leveling system seems to miss the mark somewhat and the rear doesn't level off correctly, this after we parked the MH in a fairly level garage stored inside the other day.
As I said the other issues are mostly minor annoyances, but if I find the issues become substantial I'll send the MH back to FW.
It is a nice MH, entry level, I'm sure, at a MSRP of 200K it should have the substance that demands a decent product.
Agree with you. Ours was mfg. in Nov. 2014. Many quality issues. Still sorting them out. Obviously very little was checked at the factory. First time we used the wash machine drain water flowed out of a drainline that was never glued at a joint. Flooded the inverter compartment. Several bad squeaks. Bathroom door misaligned. Exposed hot wires under the couch. Oil leak from pinched dipstick tube. Terrible wheel alignment. Large air gaps in coach door. Etc.

Tried to get help from the onsite Fleetwood rep at Lazydays FL for some service. She wanted no part of it. Obviously only interested in selling. Was much more attentive when we were thinking of purchasing.
Old 10-22-2015, 07:26 PM   #56

Fleetwood Owners Club
We've called FW several times for info and truth is they've been very helpful and informative.
I noticed the Gap in our entry door as well, upon further investigation I found the door seal bunched up and the track that holds it bent. Gen RV sent us a new Seal, enough to do the door twice a little adjustment to the track and voila no gaps and the door now closes correctly. I'm not sure if it was a quality issue from FW or just the seal was out of the track???
These things are what they are, no excuses for FW, but they all have issues, it's bad enough we paid 135K for ours, think if we paid 325K and had many of the same or similar issues.
But, I will dissect the beast and over the next several months figure I'll have many issues fixed and those I can't I'll get on FW to resolve them.
Yea, JD I suspect your right, but as they say the squeaky wheel gets the lube, what's it hurt to ask, lol.....
The Freightliner/Cummins dealer is owned by the same folks who own Stateline RV in Maine and NH, so they know MH's as well they are a Monoco dealer.