Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2016, 08:45 PM   #1

Whirlpool refrigerator warm/freezer cold

Our new Fleetwood Expedition coach has a whirlpool refrigerator. We can't seem to get the refrigerator cold, just cool. The freezer is very cold. Any thoughts?
BlondeGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2016, 03:31 AM   #2

We had this same issue, and it comes back sometimes due to the frig shifting in place when the slide is moved.

What happened to us was the external door locks mounted to the wooden that are suppose to keep the door from coming open in flight actually was holding the door open from the sealed position just a little bit.

I thought I had worked the problem out when I secured that wood molding at the top to the rest of the frame work.

But the frig will still shift occasionally and the door will get pushed out just enough to let warm air into the frig.

At this point I don't have a permanent remedy and I push the frig back in place when needed.

Just may be your case also, and you should see a little frost line from the door seal if that's the problem.

DTW
Dtwallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 03:58 AM   #3

Most refrigerators have a thermostatically-controlled fan that blows cold air from the freezer into the refrigerator compartment. If the fan and/or the thermostat are not working, the refrigerator will be warm.
Old 05-17-2016, 04:24 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtwallace View Post

We had this same issue, and it comes back sometimes due to the frig shifting in place when the slide is moved.
Sorry but it is my opinion that NO residential fridge should be "moving" anytime anywhere anyhow if it has been installed correctly and secured to the coach. The only time it is allowed to move is when YOU are driving down the road.

My Samsung fridge hasn't moved one cm since the day it was installed over 4 years ago.

If it were me I'd be fixing that ASAP.

Read about what happened to THIS guy with a brand new Winnebago coach and his residential fridge. As it turns out he wasn't the only one either.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 10:48 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

The problem is basically what slowmachine described. The air circulation fan is either not working or the air passage is blocked up somehow (ice is a possibility). Or maybe you have something placed directly in front of the air outlets that is preventing sufficient flow?

If it's not under warranty
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 02:04 PM   #6

Thanks everyone
BlondeGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 08:20 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
This is actually one of the issues we had with our Whirlpool fridge and put it on our list for when we returned to the factory for a few other items. They had an installer pull it out from an appliance repair shop, check the fan, the voltage, everything they could think of. With a glass of water in the unit overnight, it went down to 33 degrees on its coldest setting. We are positive our doors are not opening. The only remedy we have been able to rely on is making sure we have turned it on and given it one full day to get to temp. We have had no issues keeping it cool for weeks when we do this. I don't get it since we had a 2010 Disco with a GE residential fridge and had no problems and didn't have to cool down more than a few hours. I don't know if this will help but if you haven't tried it yet, it is worth a shot. Like you, our freezer has had no problems at all.
Fencebuster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator