Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2017, 08:40 AM   #16

Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by THenman View Post
For perspective recent recall had 525 affected coaches from what I read and looked to have been 3 years of production with I think all models. (Was for screws on entry step.)

In Tampa this winter at the show there were a number of coaches and they seemed to cover most if not all models and floor plans.

We had a much longer drive to dealer than to factory from where we live and they do seem to have limited dealers spread over the country. A quick look at their web site and it looks like you may have a bit of a drive to see/test drive a coach.

If you can afford the time as suggested above might check out the factory tours however you can not be sure you would see the model you are interested in even on them. Plus you might contact dealers to see when they might have another coach coming in.

I understand the problem of not being able to test drive as that was one of the reasons we dropped Entegra from our list when we were looking last summer. Not seeing a coach would be even worse.

Tom
We received our notice yesterday on our 2015 Tradition. Will have the factory take care of it when we are up there in August.

To the OP, I think it's numbers. AC is not pounding out 28 coaches a week like the others. Price may be a factor on some. The Eagle is certainly up there in price but a Dream is right on par, price wise, with a Cornerstone. Better built in my opinion. American does what American does. They are not always on the cutting edge of other manufacturers as far as gadgets and doo-dads that are just problems waiting to happen. They just keep building a solid, well built, comfortable coach that doesn't need comfort whatever to make it drive like a Caddy. They do that right off the line.
Our line up looked just like yours. We first looked at and drove the Tour. Next up was an American Coach, a entry level Revolution, that quickly took the Tour off of our list. No comparison.
We took another weekend and looked at Holiday Rambler, Monoco and Tiffin, nothing floated our boat there. I was really pulling for Newmar but that goofy half bath door was not a thing. I'm a big guy. Entegra didn't have a floorplan that was perfect for us.
We chose our American Tradition, it hit almost all of our points and we got a fantastic deal.
I urge you to seek out that American Coach wherever one may be.
Cranemec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 01:16 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew6279 View Post
I'm currently looking at new class a diesel motorhomes. I've narrowed it down to Newmar Dutch Star, Entegra, Winnebago tour and American coach. Why does it seem so hard to find an American coach on a lot to look at? Even dealer websites I look at might show just a handful of models. Do they just not make that many? It's going to take American coach or if the running simply because I never see them.
Where are you located? You can come see ours! I'll give you the tour but I ain't selling it!

We bought our 2015 NEW over Labor Day weekend last year. The dealer was sitting on several 2015's that were NEW unsold stock. That dealer has now sold them all off.

Keep looking. Watch the internet like a Hawk. You'll find one!
Blondiega1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 01:24 PM   #18

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondiega1 View Post
Where are you located? You can come see ours! I'll give you the tour but I ain't selling it!

We bought our 2015 NEW over Labor Day weekend last year. The dealer was sitting on several 2015's that were NEW unsold stock. That dealer has now sold them all off.

Seriously. Looks like he is in Ooltewah, TN. You can be at our house in 90 minutes. LOL
I'll even take you for a ride.
Old 04-27-2017, 01:45 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranemec View Post
Seriously. Looks like he is in Ooltewah, TN. You can be at our house in 90 minutes. LOL

Buy him a beer and he might even let you drive! LOL

Blondiega1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 01:48 PM   #20
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by go6car View Post
...I wish there was a dedicated American Coach spot on this forum like Entegra and Newmar have, so that basic info (and other owners) aren't so hard to find.

This Forum does have an American Coach prefix for threads. Then you can click on the words American Coach in the Forum definition & ONLY threads titled with that prefix will show. That's the next best thing to having a stand alone Forum.

But members need to remember to use that prefix in their titles. They don't always do that. Cliff & I try to keep any eye out & add those prefix to AC threads that don't have it on them, but we don't catch them all.

So all you AC owners, if you post a question in this Forum about your AC, don't forget to add the AC prefix to the title. This applies to even Revolution coaches built prior to being badged AC. If you're asking about it now, we want the AC prefix on it for ease of sorting.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 01:57 PM   #21

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
This Forum does have an American Coach prefix for threads. Then you can click on the words American Coach in the Forum definition & ONLY threads titled with that prefix will show. That's the next best thing to having a stand alone Forum.

But members need to remember to use that prefix in their titles. They don't always do that. Cliff & I try to keep any eye out & add those prefix to AC threads that don't have it on them, but we don't catch them all.

So all you AC owners, if you post a question in this Forum about your AC, don't forget to add the AC prefix to the title. This applies to even Revolution coaches built prior to being badged AC. If you're asking about it now, we want the AC prefix on it for ease of sorting.

Lori-
With that logic, Entegra should be under the Thor owners group. LOL

Doesn't bother me, most people put enough info that I know it's for an AC. Plus, there are not that many of us on here.
Old 04-27-2017, 01:58 PM   #22
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
For example, I just now went through the 1st page of threads in this forum (I have my count set to 50 threads per page). I added the AC prefix to 4 threads & the Bounder prefix to 6.

Now, if sorted, they won't be "so hard to find".

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 02:04 PM   #23

I know on the American Coach owners site it usually has only around 8 or ten for sale by owners. I have owned four and my fifth will be another AC. I bought this one from a friend in our chapter......and we' re still friends! The market is not flooded with them as others have said here. Factory support is spot on and some of the best in the industry's. You don't have to go back to the factory for factory service! The free service at ACA rallys is very hard to beat! The tech line is superb!
That's why we have owned four! Look very close past the glitz and gizmos into the build quality of all coach's listed, then compare. I am not putting any brand down but relaying what I have found to be important to me.
Old 04-30-2017, 07:47 AM   #24

Quote:

I'll keep my eyes open. I may take you up on the tour offer one day!

Quote:
Might take you up on that offer as well!

Quote:
Buy him a beer and he might even let you drive! LOL

matthew6279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 08:20 AM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

With coaches in that price class, people tend to order specifically what they want and it is horrendously expensive for a dealer to try to stock a variety of models and floor plans. I don't think you see a lot of Newmar Essex or Londonaires on dealer lots either.

There aren't a lot of American Coach dealers and only a few of the largest ones stock many models. I think Lazy Days and Transwest both carry some AC inventory, new & used.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 08:08 PM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ancira in Boerne, TX usually has several American Coaches in stock. I believe he also has other locations for both cars and RVs. Hope this may help, Happy trails Bert
Old 05-04-2017, 08:45 AM   #27

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach is having the annual rally June 19th to June 23rd at the Shawnee Fairgrounds in Shawnee, OK....you can see about 200 of them.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 08:08 AM   #28

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
With that logic, Entegra should be under the Thor owners group. LOL

Doesn't bother me, most people put enough info that I know it's for an AC. Plus, there are not that many of us on here.

That's what I mean, though! Technically we should all be under "REV Group" now and not "Fleetwood". I'm selfish - want my own dedicated "American Coach" area, LOL!

The industry has changed and changed again quite a bit from when this great forum was created, so I imagine it would be a bit of work to change everything to make it technically correct.

go6car is offline   Reply With Quote