Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-16-2021, 02:05 PM   #1

Windshield curtain

Not sure if this where I need to post this but, I need curtains for windshield in our 2005 Fleetwood Revolution. The current one is wearing and the plastic clips are pulling out where they’re sewn into the pleats. No shame for these curtains as they are bout 16 years old. Looking online I’m not finding much help.
BINGHAMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2021, 02:21 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Go to Walmart And check out the ready made curtains which are 8 foot or longer. Simply cut them in half and hem the bottoms and buy new clips for the top from Amazon. Cheap and easy. Look good to. Also there are a few YouTube videos you can search for to see how it’s done to.
John24RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 09:20 PM   #3

Did something similar to John24RLS. Grabbed a set of blackout curtains off amazon. They were meant to be mounted vertically, but we just used clips and turned them horizontal. Also added some liquid stiffener from a craft store for the top edge to give it some body. All you do is paint it on the back. Worked great.
Old 06-17-2021, 04:51 AM   #4

How did you all attach the hangers to the curtains? We have the track runner and I’ll need to order more plastic ones. I need it to be durable as we live in our MH and living in Ms, the curtains are frequently open and closed.
BINGHAMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 09:34 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
It depends on the type of hanger. Some are sewn on and others attach differently. If you could post a picture of your original hanger that would help. Or go to amazon and search RV curtain hanger and you may find the exact one you need. I found the exact replacement for mine there and it was attached to a plastic tape that you sew onto the curtain.
John24RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 10:16 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
You might check with some AC dealers. When we got MCD shades for our 06 Bounder, I donated our cockpit curtains (& all the accordion shades) to the dealership where we bought that Bounder. They were glad to have them.
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 09:18 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
As several people have said, it is pretty easy to find clips. I bought drapes at Home Depot that were on sale and just cut off the extra length. I used some of what I cut off to make “cafe” style curtains for the hall closet …

Big Bertha - 2003 Bounder 35R
mttop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 09:54 AM   #8

While not quite as thick as the OEM curtains, this company makes a good product and ships the plastic clips with the curtains:

https://www.dyersonline.com/gary-man...ld-drapes.html

We are very pleased with ours.

Just take the measurements and they will build a custom set for you!
Old 06-21-2021, 07:03 AM   #9

Curtains

Got the same problem, found some on amazon about 350 bucks.
sledhead is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wind, windshield