Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2011, 06:08 AM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
windshield wiper motor replacement recommendation

Over the week end I discover that my left wiper motor went out in my 83 Pace Arrow, I pulled it and worked on it all of Sunday, got it to work, but it would still bind, so I know I still need to find a replacement motor, and I am sure that someone out there most have already replaced one and can recommend a replacement motor, the one that came out was a American Bosch and had two sets of number on it 1927221MO12WK and 190124MO12WK 41383 the last five number I have to assume was the manufactured date.

Can anyone recommend a motor that will be a good match?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2011, 06:12 AM   #2

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Not sure this will help, but you might try taking it to you local auto parts store and see if they have one that will work. At least it's worth a try.
DRosedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:31 AM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I will differently pull it out again to allow for matching it up with different motors, finding one that will fit into the existing linkage, will be the most important concern.

Before I pulled it out and then began looking for a replacement I was under the opinion that it came as a complete unit with the linkage, which doesn't seem to be the case. So finding one that fits may not be as easy as i thought it would be.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:56 PM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Chevy-Fleetwood or?

I saw a good question on a forum within this forum and because of that I have a question relating to both.

In seeking out a replacement windshield wiper motor,[same question relating to other products / parts I may need] do I seek one for the 83 Chevy P30 Chassis, or base on a Fleetwood part or will it be base on the part name and model number?
Old 05-02-2011, 08:47 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I am also looking for an American Bosch wiper motor for my '73 Winnebago.
The motor markings are:

American Bosch
Columbus, Miss
WWC 12L 2770

A couple of sites I found to look at for some use of these motors are
Cross reference for Part# 10309

Windshield Wiper Motor Kit

Since I am on the Oregon Coast this week I will be stopping in a boat shop or two, asking about this motor.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:22 PM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks for the post, I am now questioning if the Bosch motor is a replacement, being once I took the slot bolt off, I could not get it back on, and it seems as if the shaft on the motor is not the same on the wiper assembly, because nothing i did would get the shaft to fit on the slot.

I have been to Walt's RV Suplus, Napa, Chevy dealership and each told me they had nothing, I called the Mill Supply Inc. who sell wiper motor for the step van on the Chevy p-30 frame and he told me that he could not make any recommendation due to the risk of causing a fire, due to the wrong motor, and I was told I had to buy and take my chances, and to me that is not the way to go, so I am really stuck, with no replacement motor and feel as if I have hit a wall, there must be someone who can direct me on where to pick up the correct motor. the site yo provide that had Bosch motor I will review again but being my slot did not fit onto the shaft makes me thing that it was not the correct motor to start off with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73Indian View Post
I am also looking for an American Bosch wiper motor for my '73 Winnebago.
The motor markings are:

American Bosch
Columbus, Miss
WWC 12L 2770

A couple of sites I found to look at for some use of these motors are
Cross reference for Part# 10309

Windshield Wiper Motor Kit

Since I am on the Oregon Coast this week I will be stopping in a boat shop or two, asking about this motor.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:18 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Kartvines,
What motor are you putting in and where did you find it?

I have tried several places and would like to find a common wiper motor that will work. I am on vacation, without my MH, so I will keep working on it after I get home next week.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:25 AM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Well unfortunately I have not been able to locate one as of yet, sorry.
I can't believe how hard it has been so far, it is not as if I am the only one who has needed to replaced on, so they must be out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73Indian View Post
Kartvines,
What motor are you putting in and where did you find it?

I have tried several places and would like to find a common wiper motor that will work. I am on vacation, without my MH, so I will keep working on it after I get home next week.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:03 AM   #9

Try AM Equipment. Left coast. Butch Heller 541-327-3362. This is their specialty.
CHcam42
CHCam42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:16 AM   #10

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Thank you, do they have a website and or email address?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHCam42 View Post
Try AM Equipment. Left coast. Butch Heller 541-327-3362. This is their specialty.
CHcam42
Old 05-03-2011, 07:16 AM   #11

Take a look at this site for school bus parts.. I found the parts I needed for my coach. '89 Honey, P30 chassis.
BigV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:33 AM   #12

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Thank you, I just shot them out a email

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
Take a look at this site for school bus parts.. I found the parts I needed for my coach. '89 Honey, P30 chassis.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:54 AM   #13

National RV Owners Club
You guys should find the part numbers in this document.
http://cid-ae67fff392766057.office.l...%20Catalog.pdf

Dick
Old 05-03-2011, 07:59 AM   #14

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Dick, thanks but that was a dead link, can you provide me with a new one? The catalog said it was for 2009, and mine is a 83.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theberrys View Post
You guys should find the part numbers in this document.
Denso 2009 RV Catalog.pdf - Windows Live

Dick