Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-26-2021, 06:30 PM   #1

Winterization question

I am sure this has been discussed before but I can't find it. We have a new 2021 Fleetwood Bounder 33C and plan to use it during the winter months weather permitting. We live in the Boise Idaho area so we do get freezing temps and snow. The question I have is would blowing out the lines with a compressor, dumping the fresh water and holding tanks, drain the water heater and adding RV antifreeze to the drain traps be enough to protect water lines? If at all possible I would rather not have to fill the lines with RV antifreeze because it would make for faster prep time for a trip.
Also I would blow out the combo washer/dryer and we do have the residential refrigerator ice maker turned off since day one.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks Chad
VentanaOdyssey is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2021, 06:46 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I looked the monthly average temps for Boise. Not too cold.

I live in TN and have winterized my Class C & Class A as you describe using compressed air and RV antifreeze in the pee traps. Never had a problem.

Don't forget to blow out the lines to/from waterpump. M
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 06:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacwjames View Post

Don't forget to blow out the lines to/from waterpump. M

And if the water pump has a strainer , take it off and drain it , then run the pump dry . Your water system may have any number of slightly used sections so go through carefully when blowing the lines for the first time .

Low air pressure but lots of time and volume of air to do the job right.
Old 08-26-2021, 09:33 PM   #4

We have a 2014 Fleetwood Southwind and personally, I am not content with just blowing out the water lines, even though many have had success with doing so.
I always drain the lines, and then add RV Plumbing Anti-freeze to ensure there is no low lying water.
Don't forget to release the pressure in the "city water" intake behind the screen and remove the water filter.
I use 5 jugs @ $3.00 each, which for me it is cheap insurance during long periods of freezing temps.
We leave Ontario in January and head south, and wait until we hit Florida before de-winterizing.
The process is quick, easy and I never worry about afterwards.
Jim.B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 10:56 AM   #5

Thanks for the input. I appreciate the information.
VentanaOdyssey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter