RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2019, 10:05 AM   #1

Winterizing 2008 Southwind

I am going to winterize myself for the first time. Here is a pic of the water heater bypass valve. I understand I need to bypass the water heater when I winterize. What do the other 2 hot and cold valves do? Do I leave them closed for the winter? Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rv waterheater bypass valve2.JPG
Views:	14
Size:	194.4 KB
ID:	262393  
arnold931 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2019, 02:40 PM   #2

Spartan Chassis
Are they the hot and cold water drain valves for the system? Did you open them and see if water drains from under coach?
gatorv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 11:58 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Hard to tell without being able to see where the various lines go. I'm not even sure that diverter valve is for the water heater. It could be for filling the fresh water tank from the city inlet. That appears to be the fresh tank on the left, and the two hoses to the right might be low point system drains.

Where is the water heater? In Fleetwood coaches, the winterizing valves are most often mounted right along side, where the tubing enters & leaves the heater tank.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 06:03 PM   #4

These lines are right next to the compartment with the water heater so I'm pretty sure this is the water heater bypass. I have low point drains and fill/bypass for fresh water on the other side of the coach. I opened these valves and some water trickled out. When I turned the diverter valve to "bypass", the trickle stopped. So I assume these are to drain the water heater?
Old 10-07-2019, 06:05 PM   #5

Also the blue and red lines go straight to the ground.
Old 10-08-2019, 07:58 PM   #6

I am pretty sure to drain the hot water tank you should remove a plug near the base of the tank. These lines and valves in the picture will isolate it but not drain it.
Old 10-09-2019, 11:35 AM   #7

Yes. I talked to local dealer and he showed me where the drain plug was. He said the other lines were just general system drains. Thanks!

Tags
southwind, wind, winter