Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2015, 07:48 AM   #15

Mojo, No, they don't clip. They each have 2 philips head screws. simply remove the screws, cut or pinch the "latched" end of the old rubber wiper and remove. Slide the new rubber refill into the guides until it "latches". Put the screws back on and your done! I prefer the screws because I've had the plastic clipons come off on other autos in the past. I measured mine; they are 25 1/2 inches long for my bounder 36S.
ajdauphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2015, 10:09 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninar View Post
I put these adapters on my wiper blades and use off the shelf blades now. I like the idea that I can stop at any walmart and get blades anywhere. Part# Anco 48-17.
http://static.summitracing.com/globa....jpg?rep=False
We just put these on our Bounder and they work great. Now I can get blades anywhere. We also switched to 27" blades from 25". Chuck
chuckbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 03:03 PM   #17

Gave you all a shot at this.

The wipers are made by Tru Vision.

The model is :

Tru Vision TV8-32 Tru Vision TV8-32 32 Inch J Hook RV Wiper Blade Assembly

You get them at....American RV Company

This is the item page link:

Tru Vision TV8-32 32 Inch J Hook RV Wiper Blade Assembly

They ship fast. They have the lowest price. I've bought and installed two weeks ago.(just by coincidence) Nicely boxed and exactly the same as original wipers.

I spoke about the sweep of the wipers before. I fixed mine easily with the help of Tru Vision and one part. Be forewarned to not adjust the rods to the wipers. The fix is in changing the hardware on the drivers side. No adjustment to the rods.

The link to what I let you know before. Look midway down the page. Or you can read it below.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/love...ut-229521.html

Camping World is a Fleetwood dealer and doesn't sell the correct parts. I don't see the reason for this. It sure isn't about the price. The price I found for the exact matched part was perfectly fine.

You can bypass the link and read it here. Sometimes it's too hard jumping back and forth.

"If you want the true answers about your wipers call Truvision 336-373-8331. Before you call look at the wiper motor assembly and write down the numbers on the unit. I think it is a K followed by numbers.For example my K number is K31-0100. Those numbers tell them everything about your wiper system as supplied to Fleetwood. If you call Fleetwood customer service they don't know that Truvision is the supplier and builder of the wiper system.

When you look at the entire assembly, you'll realize it is preassembled by Truvision for your specific coach. Notice the heavy steel mounting plate. Fleetwood takes the nuts and washers etc off to mount on the body. They are not supposed to adjust the rod assemblies.

Ask for Meenie when you call Truvision and you'll be well served. She will be your contact to the engineers. When you call the number given, it won't sound like you called Truvision. You'll be calling the parent company Diesel Equipment and they will direct you to Truvision when you ask for Meenie.

If anyone is messing with the control rods of your system run away. Brian in Decatur stopped a mechanic from doing so while I was observing. So he knew there was no adjustment that was supposed to take place on the rod assembly.

Truvision diagnosed my problem over the phone. My drivers side wiper did not reach close enough to the window edge. The engineers suggested a change to the drivers side pivot. They sold it to me directly. Totally easy to install if you have some mechanical ability. No adjustment to the rods at all. "
WOODYDEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 10:33 AM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Mojo--Amazon has them at a little better price since shipping is free. Amazon.com: Diesel Equipment Company (TV8-32) 32" J-Hook Heavy Duty Wiper Blade Assembly: Automotive
Old 09-23-2015, 07:08 AM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOODYDEL View Post
Gave you all a shot at this.

The wipers are made by Tru Vision.

The model is :

Tru Vision TV8-32 Tru Vision TV8-32 32 Inch J Hook RV Wiper Blade Assembly

You get them at....American RV Company

This is the item page link:

Tru Vision TV8-32 32 Inch J Hook RV Wiper Blade Assembly

They ship fast. They have the lowest price. I've bought and installed two weeks ago.(just by coincidence) Nicely boxed and exactly the same as original wipers.

I spoke about the sweep of the wipers before. I fixed mine easily with the help of Tru Vision and one part. Be forewarned to not adjust the rods to the wipers. The fix is in changing the hardware on the drivers side. No adjustment to the rods.

The link to what I let you know before. Look midway down the page. Or you can read it below.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/love...ut-229521.html

Camping World is a Fleetwood dealer and doesn't sell the correct parts. I don't see the reason for this. It sure isn't about the price. The price I found for the exact matched part was perfectly fine.

You can bypass the link and read it here. Sometimes it's too hard jumping back and forth.

"If you want the true answers about your wipers call Truvision 336-373-8331. Before you call look at the wiper motor assembly and write down the numbers on the unit. I think it is a K followed by numbers.For example my K number is K31-0100. Those numbers tell them everything about your wiper system as supplied to Fleetwood. If you call Fleetwood customer service they don't know that Truvision is the supplier and builder of the wiper system.

When you look at the entire assembly, you'll realize it is preassembled by Truvision for your specific coach. Notice the heavy steel mounting plate. Fleetwood takes the nuts and washers etc off to mount on the body. They are not supposed to adjust the rod assemblies.

Ask for Meenie when you call Truvision and you'll be well served. She will be your contact to the engineers. When you call the number given, it won't sound like you called Truvision. You'll be calling the parent company Diesel Equipment and they will direct you to Truvision when you ask for Meenie.

If anyone is messing with the control rods of your system run away. Brian in Decatur stopped a mechanic from doing so while I was observing. So he knew there was no adjustment that was supposed to take place on the rod assembly.

Truvision diagnosed my problem over the phone. My drivers side wiper did not reach close enough to the window edge. The engineers suggested a change to the drivers side pivot. They sold it to me directly. Totally easy to install if you have some mechanical ability. No adjustment to the rods at all. "
Woody! That is exactly the problem I have. on the drivers side it doesn't come over to the edge of the windshield enough. So your telling me there is a part to fix it? What is this pivot they speak of and how much?
Old 09-23-2015, 06:38 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Same problem on our Discovery....yes please a fix?
Xeena(German Shepard)
brian-nicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 06:45 PM   #21

The windshield wiper assembly comes to the factory just as you see it. The factory has the holes in the body to insert the assembly. Those hole locations is what determines how close the driver side wiper comes to the edge of the windshield. So to compensate for the hole locations being too far towards the passenger side, Tru Vision's engineer suggested changing the drivers side pivot to match the passenger side. They are not the same pivots. By replacing the drivers side pivot with a passenger side pivot the stroke change makes the wiper stop closer to the edge of the windshield. No amount of messing with the rod assembly can accomplish this. That's why Brian out at the factory stopped the mechanic from messing with the rods. The factory has no clue how to fix this situation. I did this fix myself after returning home. This fix is not the ultimate fix. The engineer only agreed to make it slightly better. When your wipers park, they are supposed to be level with the ground. If you decide to relocate the wipes so they point slightly uphill when parked then you can clear even more windshield on the drivers side. I chose to keep them level when parked. The info above is sufficient to find out the pivot number you need from Tru Vision.

The other problem which aggravated the wiper stroke stopping in my field of view down the road was the seat location in my coach.

My seat was mounted too close to the sidewall by 1 3/4". At the factory repair facility they verified what I knew and upon getting approval from engineering moved the seat towards the passenger side and centered on the steering wheel.

I'm thinking all of these coaches have the same problem. The power platforms are gig welded. The seat mounts must be all the same.

Measure to the center of your steering wheel and or console off the side wall. The center of the seat must match that number/distance. If it is like mine was, you are looking through the windshield too far to the left making the wiper not clearing close enough to the edge of the windshield even worse.

I didn't look it up but last year the pivot cost me less then $25. It's real heavy duty. Pay attention to how the washers are stacked.

Looked up the invoice. $22.80 and $14.54 freight. I wasn't able to have Fleetwood foot the bill. It wasn't worth getting mad about.
Old 09-23-2015, 11:53 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Same issue here.... Was there a part number on the invoice?
Old 09-24-2015, 07:40 AM   #23

I don't make assumptions about my parts matching your parts. Use the info I gave to order what you want/need. I made this easy to do.

I will tell you how this change works.

Each pivot has an arm attached. Attached to each arm is a rod from the wiper motor drive. The stroke from the wiper motor is always the same and not adjustable. The distance between the rod attachment point and the pivot center is X distance in MM. By shortening shortening this distance between these two points the stroke of the wiper arm is increased. The passenger side distance between the rod and pivot center is less than the drivers side pivot on my coach. In my case the original pivot measures at 57 MM and the replacement is 55 MM center to center.

You don't want your wiper, according to the engineer, too close to the edge of the windshield after the change. Wind forces can create havoc when this happens. So call with your part number as I stated. They are the experts.