Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Foretravel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2021, 09:27 AM   #1

12 volt air pump

A friend has a 2003 u320 and his 12 volt air pump never shuts off. It got quite hot before he noticed it and it may need replacing, I will know better when I get over to look at it myself. My question is does the pump only blow up the slide seals and where should I start diagnosing
Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2021, 09:32 AM   #2

He has a leak. That compressor run the Bladders and the leveling when parked.

My guess is the slide bladder is leaking but wouldnt hurt to run through the system and spray it with bubble water.

It has a fuse coming off the harness (usually ) that you can remove the fuse.. 5amp I believe. Do not let it run as it will get real hot and burn up.

On the slide.. Bring it all the way in and let it fill up.. listen for a leak, If he cant find it spray it with soapy water.. then try the credit card (slip behind it and the slide.. if it goes in easy they that is more than likely the problem.

Happy hunting.. If it is in fact the bladder.. Hire it out so you get a warranty and if its the original he had a good run. New bladders come with the new venturi (and new maniblcok or whatever you want to call it)
Old 06-28-2021, 09:37 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Just guessing but I thought he might have air leveling. This is where instead of using hydraulic jacks, the coach is leveled by adding or subtracting air from the air bags in the suspension.

Viair makes good 12 volt compressors that could be used for permanent mount as replacement.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9628.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	207.8 KB
ID:	333949
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 09:01 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidrvr View Post
He has a leak. That compressor run the Bladders and the leveling when parked.

My guess is the slide bladder is leaking but wouldnt hurt to run through the system and spray it with bubble water.

Happy hunting.. If it is in fact the bladder.. Hire it out so you get a warranty and if its the original he had a good run. New bladders come with the new venturi (and new maniblcok or whatever you want to call it)
It might be a slide bladder or it could be a leak in one of the bowls on the compressor or the blow-off valve attached to the condensate bowl.

Running the compressor continuously will get it hot. It's a symptom, not the cause. Heat does shorten the life of that compressor (a Thomas TA-4101-DC).

Slide bladder is about a $2-4K job and is not DIY. The slide bladder is basically a rubber tube and has a 7-10 year lifespan. Your friend needs to take the coach to someone familiar with HWH slide bladders if it's the bladder. If it's the blow-off solenoid or one of the bowls, HWH is your source.
spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 05:40 PM   #5

Any updates?

Tags
12 volt, air, pump