Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Foretravel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2023, 04:35 AM   #1

2024 Realm Presidential

We recently placed an order for a new Realm Presidential being built in July - has anyone taken delivery of a 24 model year yet ? If so, please provide first impressions of the ride and handling with the new performance package that includes tour and sport mode. Also with the push button electric cargo doors do they have a soft close feature ? Thanks
Stella Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2023, 11:45 AM   #2

Now that is a first; a performance handling package with a 45' MH!
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 01:43 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Foretravel Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I recently purchased a 2023 Presidential and as an incentive The factory gave me an upgrade to the "Performance Choice" option which gives the touring vs sport option. I have now driven it a couple of hundred miles and I will say that I am very impressed. This is my third MH, first Foretravel, and the ride and handling are spectacular. The sport function gives a more peppy feel and does make a difference. It accelerates quicker and while it is still a behemoth on the road, you gave feel it. I recommend it highly and are very pleased overall with my new Presidential.
fcurci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 07:47 PM   #4

Should be a nice ride. Let us know how it works out.
KenZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 09:09 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcurci View Post
I recently purchased a 2023 Presidential and as an incentive The factory gave me an upgrade to the "Performance Choice" option which gives the touring vs sport option. I have now driven it a couple of hundred miles and I will say that I am very impressed. This is my third MH, first Foretravel, and the ride and handling are spectacular. The sport function gives a more peppy feel and does make a difference. It accelerates quicker and while it is still a behemoth on the road, you gave feel it. I recommend it highly and are very pleased overall with my new Presidential.
Thanks for the info - appreciate you sharing- looking forward to experiencing ourselves.
2024 Foretravel Realm Presidential #9210
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Old 05-05-2023, 12:09 PM   #6

I was just at the Motorcade Mid-South Spring Rally. There was a new coach that was just picked up around 1 or 2 months ago. He was telling me that he was supper impressed with the ride and tightness of his new coach compared to the Newmar Essex with K3 chassis he had just traded in.

From what I understand is the sport mode is pretty much the same as the older coaches. The touring mode adds ping tanks to the front air bags. This gives more air volume to the front bags and softens the compression of the bags when they are compressed on a bump.
Old 05-13-2023, 04:42 PM   #7

Anyone else take delivery of a 2024 model year ?
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Old 06-18-2023, 05:58 PM   #8

Hi. My 2022 does not have the performance plus. I can add it for about 5000.00. The question I have is does it help with the leaning like the HWH active air?
Tmyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2023, 12:47 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmyz View Post
Hi. My 2022 does not have the performance plus. I can add it for about 5000.00. The question I have is does it help with the leaning like the HWH active air?
I do not know the answer but.

Foretravel have sway bars on their IH45's. I do not know if they put them on the Realms without the Performance Plus. Sway bars make a big difference. There is a long thread on the Entergra's forum about this system. It did make a big difference on the coach they used for testing. If you can not find it I will search for it. I think it was started by a guy name Larry.

I was told the air system that Spartan is now using on their coach's is close to the AA. I have a friend that has a 2019 Cornerstone, with an older air system and he says there is no way for him to keep up with me in turns.
Old 06-19-2023, 04:01 PM   #10

The performance plus is an exclusive to Foretravel as they developed, engineered and installed it and includes a sway bar. Not a Spartan option. Units without Performance Plus don’t come with sway bars. It has two modes sport and touring and includes 2 ping tanks over the front air bags that controls the ride and stability. Standard feature that coincides with Performance Plus is the electronic controlled feature steering assist which comes with the Spartan chassis - Newmar call it comfort drive and Entegra has a marketing name too. This helps with side winds and steering fatigue.
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Old 06-19-2023, 06:43 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Blue View Post
The performance plus is an exclusive to Foretravel as they developed, engineered and installed it and includes a sway bar. Not a Spartan option. Units without Performance Plus don’t come with sway bars. It has two modes sport and touring and includes 2 ping tanks over the front air bags that controls the ride and stability. Standard feature that coincides with Performance Plus is the electronic controlled feature steering assist which comes with the Spartan chassis - Newmar call it comfort drive and Entegra has a marketing name too. This helps with side winds and steering fatigue.
To somewhat answer your question, it will handle better in turns then without P+ with the sway bar. If I was buying a new coach I would order it. The way I understand ping tanks on the front bags they will soften the ride and minimize the shock of bumps in the road.
Old 06-19-2023, 07:38 PM   #12

P+ softens the ride in touring mode for Hwy driving and stiffens it in sport mode for mountain riding, parking lots, and campgrounds etc…
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Old 06-19-2023, 10:09 PM   #13

Thanks. I do have the steering adjustments that are standard
I think I’m going to do the performance upgrade but it has to be done at the factory.
Tmyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 08:13 PM   #14

On our way to the plant to pick up new Coach - Tyle and Braxton have been awesome to work with - very responsive and accommodating. You won’t find this customer attentiveness at any of the production Coach makers ie: Newmar and Entegra. Appreciate the product and the support so far more to come.
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor