Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Foretravel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-02-2022, 07:45 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Foretravel 2015 & newer ih-45 or Realm Advantages/Disadvantages

Studying up on Foretravel which would replace my 2007 Monaco Signature. Would like to hear some feedback from Foretravel owners on the things liked, disliked and things to seek out or avoid.

My preference is new enough for the ISX engine with updated valves and also less age on Coach seals, plastics, etc.. The 20Kw generator is of interest vs the 12.5Kw as well as the differences in the chassis, Foretravel & Spartan.

Must haves; 45', Bath & a half, King bed, 600 series AquaHot, Separate washer & dryer, residential refrigerator, 4 heat pumps

Please, Foretravel only. Zero interest in other brands currently.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2022, 11:30 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypoxia View Post
Studying up on Foretravel which would replace my 2007 Monaco Signature. Would like to hear some feedback from Foretravel owners on the things liked, disliked and things to seek out or avoid.

My preference is new enough for the ISX engine with updated valves and also less age on Coach seals, plastics, etc..
ISX or X15?

You'll need to watch the exact SN of the ISX to make sure it has updated valves.

Drive a Realm first and see what you think of the visibility, particularly to the side relative to the B pillar.
spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 03:55 PM   #3

2018 IH45 with Spartan chassis does not have transmission retard. I may be off on year but I think that is when they went to Spartan Chassis and the retard went away. Just used a 3 speed engine brake.

IH45 is the only coach that has 4 AC units.

Not sure what year they went to adaptive cruse control. Was newer then 2014. Some people love it and some hate it.

Different years and newer ones have passive steer tag axle. Have friend that has it and said he liked it better this is old coach that did not have it.

Not sure what year the 20KW generator went away, 2019 has 12.5kw

Foretravel on their web site has all of the brochures.
Old 02-03-2022, 07:18 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
2014 ih-45 was a 20 page brochure, after that it is 4 pages.

It looks like 2014 was the last year for the 20Kw generator. With 4 roof heat pumps I would think they are limited to 3 at a time with the 12.5 Kw.

The 2015 ih-45 says nothing about the tag, the 2016 is passive steer & 2017 simply states Ridewell tag axle. Do any of them lift?

I have heard the HWH Active Air is nice to have. I guess the optional "Column Drive Electrically Assisted Steering System" eliminates hydraulic power steering?

I have VORAD Adaptive Cruise on my current coach and like it.

It seems like Foretravel philosophy changed over the years.
Old 02-03-2022, 09:15 AM   #5

My tag does not lift. It just removes all of the air from the bags so it slides when turning or applying the brakes.

Easy way to tell what kind of tag is to look at the wheel. If tag wheel looks like the front one then tag is passive, if it looks like drive axle then stationary tag.

I have a running buddy that we travel with all the time. He has a 2019 Entregra Cornerstone. He is always telling me that there is no way for him to keep up with me in turns. We figured the difference is the Active Air and the drive axle having the air bags mounted on the outside.

For some reason I can not figure out is more Foretravel owners with the new coaches are on Facebook Motorcade and or the regular Foretravel group then this forum or the FF
Old 02-04-2022, 05:44 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojack View Post
For some reason I can not figure out is more Foretravel owners with the new coaches are on Facebook Motorcade and or the regular Foretravel group then this forum or the FF
I haven't found a site like irv2 or Monacoers for Foretravel. Where does everyone go for technical advice?
Old 02-04-2022, 07:17 PM   #7

Quote:
I haven't found a site like irv2 or Monacoers for Foretravel. Where does everyone go for technical advice?
Foreforums
Old 02-04-2022, 07:18 PM   #8

Quote:
I guess the optional "Column Drive Electrically Assisted Steering System" eliminates hydraulic power steering?
I believe that's just another name for what Newmar calls "Comfort Drive".
Old 02-07-2022, 04:52 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spuds View Post
Foreforums
Thanks, I'll hang out there.
Old 02-07-2022, 07:06 PM   #10

Truly enjoying my 22 realm 605. Just nice everything. Perfect absolutely not but part of Rving as we all know.
Tmyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 05:45 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmyz View Post
Truly enjoying my 22 realm 605. Just nice everything. Perfect absolutely not but part of Rving as we all know.
Curious of the features the Foretravel has that your Magma did not have, if any. I'm considering following your path and am interested in your comparison since you came from an older high end coach.
Old 02-08-2022, 06:57 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Curious of the features the Foretravel has that your Magma did not have, if any. I'm considering following your path and am interested in your comparison since you came from an older high end coach.
Hey Hypoxia we Monacoers will hate to lose you. However if you buy the Foretravel, could you please post a thread on comparing the two coaches? Foretravel is a great coach and a step up from Monaco, but a thread with your thoughts on differences, likes, and dislikes would be of interest.
Old 02-08-2022, 07:40 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pduggs View Post
Hey Hypoxia we Monacoers will hate to lose you. However if you buy the Foretravel, could you please post a thread on comparing the two coaches? Foretravel is a great coach and a step up from Monaco, but a thread with your thoughts on differences, likes, and dislikes would be of interest.
The interesting thing is with my Signature and the Country Coach Magna is that they were near the equivalent to Foretravel in that era. I haven't seen a Foretravel Coach feature that is not on the Signature other than Inflatable Slide Seals.

Of course, the Independent Front Suspension is better and other modern features are nice. I will miss the lifting tag as I use it to help level the coach with blocks at a site we stay at in Michigan. Foretravel has larger tanks which will be welcome. The 200 gallon fuel tank would get us through California without refueling Newer should mean less noise and a better driving experience.

I posted the thread to help insure I wouldn't screw up and get a coach that didn't include an important desirable feature.
Old 02-08-2022, 08:11 PM   #14

Quote:

Hi hypoxia

I lived my CC. If you followed my input and questions on the CC forum you will find I did about all you could do to update and maintain that rig. The Foretravel has features that my 05 magna never could, like comfort steer, steerable tag and modern everything including the colors my DW loves. I like the fact that I have jacks and air leveling. All my efforts couldn’t get my magna to hold air overnight in a sloped parking spot. Nerve racking. Another nice feature is whatever I need I call the factory, tell them Im build 9133 and they have everything available. Example: my hvac wasn’t acting right. I did a little trouble shooting with them on the phone and they determined my TM 2000 silver leaf module was out of spec. They had one programmed and sent to me. Plug and play and I’m back in business. No way to do that with CC. The slides are a dream. The curved corners on the outside are incredible. Tye 605 horse is a mustang out of the gate. My magna was very slow off the line. The basement is a dream with all the lights and side open doors. Very tall

I think if CC were stillaround they would be in newall class as my magna was so ahead of it’s time I can’t imagine what they would be like now. Truth be told I am enjoying the realm but I feel like I’m cheating on my first love.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask anything else that may help you.

Tom
Tmyz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel