Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Foretravel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-09-2019, 05:10 PM   #1

Foretravel 2020 ic-37 Info!

Here is the formal info on the ic-37 from Foretravel:

Foretravel Motorcoach - 2020 Foretravel ic-37

Notice two floor plans have been released on about page 15 in the following link:

http://192.168.1.1:8181/http://www.f...duct-Guide.pdf

This is the prototype that they are selling so the production models will be a bit different.

Enjoy!
2007 Newell #815 (Downsized to Foretravel)
Full Timer
valentob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2019, 05:57 PM   #2

Foretravel Owners Club
You need to redo the PDF address pls
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 06:16 PM   #3

/http://www.foretravel.com/documents/Foretravel-2020-Product-Guide.pdf

Hope this one works better!
2007 Newell #815 (Downsized to Foretravel)
Full Timer
valentob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 07:27 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by valentob View Post
Here is the formal info on the ic-37 from Foretravel:

Foretravel Motorcoach - 2020 Foretravel ic-37
Fugly....

And the interior looks like a U270 from the 90's. And those fabrics and dinette are reminiscent of the 2007 Nimbus.

Congrats to Foretravel for repurposing that NOS...
spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:07 PM   #5

Foretravel Owners Club
Found it..
http://www.foretravel.com/documents/...duct-Guide.pdf

For an entry level Foretravel..Looks Solid, functional, durable without all the unnecessary and troublesome BS bling.
I really appreciate the "framed w/ slider openings" windows...should be able to get a cool cross breeze if wanted without worrying about the having the glass "fall out"

Fuel and water capacities are as expected for a coach of this caliber.
IMHO....
They should have went with the 10kw genset tho .. and have the option for the 3rd roof A/C.
I really think that a AquaHot 450 or better would have been preferred by most current Foretravel owners...

This may very well be a hit for introducing Foretravel to those that are wanting a better built Motorcoach in a lower cost range than has been available..
Old 01-10-2019, 12:33 AM   #6

Foretravel Owners Club
<edit timed out>
Another Item I noticed..only 2 slides, so should be fully usable when slides are retracted..
AND !!! With only one living room slide..All the appliances (sink/cooktop/fridge/dishwasher/etc.)and the solid mounted wiring/plumbing not being in a slide..Should be trouble free and no worries about flexing/ cracking/breaking the plumbing or shorting out of wiring.
While looking over the weight ratings.. Impressive..nearly equal to our tag axle 40 footer..
Chassis
front 17k
drive 24k
GVWR 41k
GCWR 51k
10k hitch and towing...
Old 01-11-2019, 05:10 PM   #7

valentin - Thanks for posting. And saddlesore, always read you comments - especially as they deal with Fortetravel!

Some added observations. (And understand, this is coming from a person who looks at things from a many months at a time on the road's usage, for two people and a dawg that runs our coach! So may not apply to others...):

-Water/Grey/Black & Fuel tanks are more then adequate for a 37' coach
-I too like the two slide, non kitchen (No just for moving plumbing, but more so for the added storage space in the top side of the cabinets. (Depending on coach build technique, 4-6" of cabinet head space can be lost due to slides.)
-X's 4D House batteries, depending upon brand, will provide a 600-630AH's bank. Which provides 300-315AH's of actual useable AH's. For those that travel park to park, with occasional one or two night stops without power, this is more then adequate. For those who boon dock a bit longer, that's a bit on the soft side. Would be nice to see a Lithium Option from the factory.
-AquaHot 400 means no engine loop. So no not water from the engine while traveling and for when you first roll into a park. And no pre-heat capability for cold weather engine starts. (Do not think I saw an electric pre-heat option?). The lower capacity of hot water supply from the 400, is probably going to be OK with most usage. (Perhaps a family traveling, would have issue with this.)
-I do not recall ever seeing a 3 Stage Jake on an ISL. May have missed it. The ~9 Liter engines displacement, makes the more prevalent low (3cyl) Jake Compression useable. I really wanter how much Stage 1 (2cyl) will provide in Braking Horespower?
-Basement storage space. Well, it is a 37', and of course until I can see one in person to examine the available space I'll hold my final opinion. But, my first thoughts is not too much in the way of storage space...
-K2 Spartan? Well since I never consider a Foretravel to be an Entry Level coach. And see this 37' being an attempt to lure those who for whatever reason want to be shorter then 40'. So I suspect this will have the same high level of quality build and materials on the inside, as other Foretravel's have. And the ride, is part of that magic formula of Foretravel. Perhaps Foretravel shorter K3 is overkill for this size and weight coach. But, I suspect the pricing will be normal Foretravel, compared to other 37' range coaches - and thus, wonder if the K2 Spartan is the kind of handling and ride that Foretravel owner's are looking for. (Again, actual riding and test run reviews - will tell the story on this. So reserving final opinion - just sharing...).
-18' Residential Fridge would be the minimum I would ever consider. And probably should have been the only choice by Foretravel. (Again, that's my two couple, multiple months at a time opinion. And yes, they do mentioned the basement freezer.
-I was not clear what they meant in the brochure, when talking about TV size in the front area. I see a desk, with a larger TV available. I'd have preferred more cabinet storage, and perhaps a fireplace, over a desk. (They mention 'FP', and yet I do not recall seeing a Fireplace option(?)...)
-And for the two of us. I'd prefer seeing an option for two lounge chairs, vs couches, in the front area. (And maybe their is an option for this that I missed...).

Those are observations based upon reading a brochure. And I understand that seeing one in person, is going to make a difference. And I want to point out that I did not hit all of the many positives I saw with this 37' Foretravel... Salute to Foretravel for doing this. (And yes, to keep up with Newmar's New Aire - they almost had to do so. And, buying demographics is also demanding this too.).

I really look forward to seeing one in person!!

Best to all,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 06:30 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty77 View Post
valentin - Thanks for posting. And saddlesore, always read you comments - especially as they deal with Fortetravel!

Some added observations. (And understand, this is coming from a person who looks at things from a many months at a time on the road's usage, for two people and a dawg that runs our coach! So may not apply to others...):

-Water/Grey/Black & Fuel tanks are more then adequate for a 37' coach
-I too like the two slide, non kitchen (No just for moving plumbing, but more so for the added storage space in the top side of the cabinets. (Depending on coach build technique, 4-6" of cabinet head space can be lost due to slides.)
-X's 4D House batteries, depending upon brand, will provide a 600-630AH's bank. Which provides 300-315AH's of actual useable AH's. For those that travel park to park, with occasional one or two night stops without power, this is more then adequate. For those who boon dock a bit longer, that's a bit on the soft side. Would be nice to see a Lithium Option from the factory.
-AquaHot 400 means no engine loop. So no not water from the engine while traveling and for when you first roll into a park. And no pre-heat capability for cold weather engine starts. (Do not think I saw an electric pre-heat option?). The lower capacity of hot water supply from the 400, is probably going to be OK with most usage. (Perhaps a family traveling, would have issue with this.)
-I do not recall ever seeing a 3 Stage Jake on an ISL. May have missed it. The ~9 Liter engines displacement, makes the more prevalent low (3cyl) Jake Compression useable. I really wanter how much Stage 1 (2cyl) will provide in Braking Horespower?
-Basement storage space. Well, it is a 37', and of course until I can see one in person to examine the available space I'll hold my final opinion. But, my first thoughts is not too much in the way of storage space...
-K2 Spartan? Well since I never consider a Foretravel to be an Entry Level coach. And see this 37' being an attempt to lure those who for whatever reason want to be shorter then 40'. So I suspect this will have the same high level of quality build and materials on the inside, as other Foretravel's have. And the ride, is part of that magic formula of Foretravel. Perhaps Foretravel shorter K3 is overkill for this size and weight coach. But, I suspect the pricing will be normal Foretravel, compared to other 37' range coaches - and thus, wonder if the K2 Spartan is the kind of handling and ride that Foretravel owner's are looking for. (Again, actual riding and test run reviews - will tell the story on this. So reserving final opinion - just sharing...).
-18' Residential Fridge would be the minimum I would ever consider. And probably should have been the only choice by Foretravel. (Again, that's my two couple, multiple months at a time opinion. And yes, they do mentioned the basement freezer.
-I was not clear what they meant in the brochure, when talking about TV size in the front area. I see a desk, with a larger TV available. I'd have preferred more cabinet storage, and perhaps a fireplace, over a desk. (They mention 'FP', and yet I do not recall seeing a Fireplace option(?)...)
-And for the two of us. I'd prefer seeing an option for two lounge chairs, vs couches, in the front area. (And maybe their is an option for this that I missed...).

Those are observations based upon reading a brochure. And I understand that seeing one in person, is going to make a difference. And I want to point out that I did not hit all of the many positives I saw with this 37' Foretravel... Salute to Foretravel for doing this. (And yes, to keep up with Newmar's New Aire - they almost had to do so. And, buying demographics is also demanding this too.).

I really look forward to seeing one in person!!

Best to all,
Smitty
Good points. I think the proof will be in the pudding. The chassis will probably be the defining point. Foretravel's proprietary chassis and outboard air bags have always made it one of the best handling coaches out there. Will be good to know how the k2 compares. Pricewise, appears it will cost about the same as a 2003/4 Foretravel 38 footer did.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:13 PM   #9

Foretravel Owners Club
Smitty..
The Fortravel upper management took a survey of current and former Foretravel Owners before coming up with this offering..
There were far more owners of the 34'/36'/38' coaches that said they would be serious in looking to buy new coaches if (and it was a big IF) a 36/38' was offered with one or two slides and lighten up on the sparkly bling...Basically a "KISS" design.

Management soon realized that not everyone wants forty-elebbin slide outs and a powered butt washer.
They want something that has the Foretravel level of Quality, durability, and comfort..and be short enough that State/Federal parks are available nearly anywhere.
As this is the "worm on the hook" I'm sure that the spec's will be tweeked as more are built.. including swapping around the furniture as each buyer wants... whether it is couches/hide-a-beds/work stations or recliners, galley & bath layouts as well....

The layout(s) should be noted that there are new/additional designs in the works..Aqua-Hot models can be upgraded I'm sure... just depends on what each buyer wants...

I'm not a fan of the electric fireplaces..hard to do weenies and smores on them....

Even tho we have a single slide, 40' tag, will be giving this a much closer look.....
Old 01-11-2019, 08:21 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
Smitty..
The Fortravel upper management took a survey of current and former Foretravel Owners before coming up with this offering..
Actually, they only surveyed (then) current Motorcade Club members. Not all current or former FT owners participated, nor did potential customers.

And, as I recall, the "survey" was a simple question in the MC magazine "If FT were to build a shorter coach, would you buy one?" Hardly a detailed marketing research survey, nor one that would result in meaningful data.
spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:47 PM   #11

Foretravel Owners Club
I was impromptu questioned by management when @ the Mother ship and had several questionnaires (sp?) over a span of time.....shortly after the "B" fiasco.....
Old 01-11-2019, 09:30 PM   #12

I feel left out, have had 4 Foretravels and nobody ever asked my opinion.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:43 PM   #13

Foretravel Owners Club
As for me ... I think is was just one of those things..I happened to be there when the management had gotten out of their cubicles and were thinking what if...Also many former Foretravel owners still get the Motorcade mag.
Old 01-18-2019, 09:35 AM   #14

For me the layout is nfg. Don't want my kitchen table on the drivers side overlooking my neighbors site while in campgrounds.
Like the seperate potty room that is a must have for me.
My rv is 21 years old with the stove and sink going out with the slide no issues yet with electric,gas or water.
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel