Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Foretravel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2017, 07:04 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Foretravel Realm underbed storage?

I've searched thoroughly and can't find - hopefully someone here can provide an answer. My bride caught 'Realm fever' when we were at MHSRV to look at the two Prevost Outlaws on their lot so we're ordering a new Realm.
One question we can't get an answer to (we've bothered MHSRV staff with so many other silly questions this one remains unanswered) is whether the Realm offers the typical underbed storage in the MBR?
Sorry to bother with such a trivial matter, but will certainly appreciate any knowledge on this topic. Many thanks in advance.
rx4risk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2017, 04:06 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Diesel pushers typically have limited space under the bed since it usually is engine access. Don't know for sure on that model, but with all the large compartments available on both sides, what are you worried about under bed storage? No one at the Foretravel company can answer your question? For the money you're going to spend buying one, I'd think they could answer a question like that.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 04:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
Diesel pushers typically have limited space under the bed since it usually is engine access.
If you look at a Realm (or most newer DP) floorplans, you'll see the beds are often east-west now, thanks to slides, and that the engine access is a hatch in the bathroom or closet floor. Many newer DP do have storage under the bed, so it's a good question

Quote:
Don't know for sure on that model, but with all the large compartments available on both sides
While there are large compartments on both sides, quite a bit of that space is taken up with slide controls, air compressor, holding and fuel tanks, heating system, etc. We had a 2003 40' Foretravel and had all of 1 full-width bay and one half bay available for basement storage.
spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 04:36 PM   #4

Gulf Streamers Club
Well spuds, I wasn't sure on whether the chassis allows for full access from the outside rear or needed a second access from inside. Still, if you're having one custom built for you I'd think they'd be happy to answer any questions, "trivial" or not. Since he's the customer, NO questions should be trivial.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 01:06 AM   #5

Foretravel Owners Club
We have two full pass thru bays on our 320t. You can specify what you want for basement as well as inside storage with a FT. just be firm with them.
But I would really look at the IH-45 for the floor plan & storage layout that you want....
Also go look (in person)at as many FT's that you can just to see what can be built.
FT is having their 50th year celebration this week in Nac.. go look & talk to the owners that are attending....We will be there the 17th of April as well..
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 05:32 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Generally, as Spuds correctly points out, the newer diesel motorhomes have e/w bed configurations and include storage under the bed - our '07 London Aire and every diesel we owned before that did as well. I also know MOST Prevost don't have any storage under the bed as there are usually slide mechanisms fitted there.
As for the REALM, I just learned from our friend at MHSRV that space is used for slide mechanisms, hence no storage.
BFlinn - as to your comments regarding 'ALL' the storage; yes we are aware as we've inspected the Realm top to bottom....you just haven't seen how much stuff my bride likes to take along . The Realm is the most thought-out coach we've EVER run across and storage is ample...but it's kind of like closets at home, can almost never have too much.
thanks all for your remarks - take care
rx4risk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 05:49 PM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx4risk View Post
As for the REALM, I just learned from our friend at MHSRV that space is used for slide mechanisms, hence no storage.
Well, that's good to know, I was really feeling cheated with my Country Coach as about all I can store is a few bottles of wine due to the HWH slide mechanism and the bedroom OTR air con along with the height of the ISX.
My parents had a Foretravel years ago and offered it to me at a good price when they quit traveling.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:05 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx4risk View Post
The Realm is the most thought-out coach we've EVER run across and storage is ample...
rx4 - do take the time to check out the feel/visibility from the driver's seat of the Realm compared to other coaches. It felt a claustrophobic to us compared to Entegra, Newmar, and our previous Foretravel, and the decreased visibility due to the pillar width/placement was annoying to us. You had to lean forward to see around the B pillar. We were long-time Foretravel owners but disappointed in this aspect of the Realm.

Michelle
spuds is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage, travel