Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Foretravel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-24-2021, 10:45 AM   #1

Frustration with Foretravel Service Dept

I own a 2016 Realm, and I had always thought when the day came that I traded it in, it would either be for another Realm or possibly an IH-45. However, in recent months, I've become very disillusioned with their service department.

I live in Houston and fortunately it is a relatively short drive to Nacogdoches, so I have always had repairs done there. I have always mentally budgeted one trip per year to go and have random issues repaired. However, within the past 12 months, I have now been there 4 times, which is becoming a bit of a burden.

One of the problems I recently had repaired was to repair the seals on the slides, which had stopped working. The repairs didn't work. As a result, during a heavy rainstorm earlier this summer, my bedroom carpet became completely soaked.

Even worse, last month I was driving home, and the entry door window completely fell off. Luckily, I was able to pull over to the shoulder before it fell, so it didn't break. When I dropped it off, I said even though I know I'm no longer under warranty, I feel like on an almost $1 million RV, windows shouldn't be falling off after less than 6 years.

Nonetheless, they charged me for both the re-repair of the slide seals as well as the window falling off. The day I picked up my RV and brought it back to Houston, I accidentally clipped the rear end as I was backing into my storage garage (which I'll admit was totally my fault). I took it back to Nacogdoches the following Monday (8 days ago at this point), and I have found it impossible since then to get a status update. I have left numerous e-mails and voicemails with the service dept in the past week, and I have gotten zero response.

For the first few years I owned my Realm, I had assumed when I eventually traded it in, I would trade it for another Foretravel. At this point, I no longer feel that way. I would rather go back to an Entegra or Newmar, or somebody that has more responsive customer service.

I used to think Foretravel was a really top-notch company with excellent customer service. I no longer think that.
RedRaider93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2021, 02:18 PM   #2

Motorhomes of Texas is just down the street, they specialize in working on Foretravel coaches. I was in there shop for 5 days for cab AC repair. Great group of guys, stayed in coach on the premises. Water and electric on site.
Old 08-24-2021, 08:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider93 View Post
they charged me for both the re-repair of the slide seals as well as the window falling off. The day I picked up my RV and brought it back to Houston, I accidentally clipped the rear end as I was backing into my storage garage (which I'll admit was totally my fault). I took it back to Nacogdoches the following Monday (8 days ago at this point), and I have found it impossible since then to get a status update. I have left numerous e-mails and voicemails with the service dept in the past week, and I have gotten zero response.

I used to think Foretravel was a really top-notch company with excellent customer service. I no longer think that.
Sorry to hear about your service issues.

They mirror our experience over 13 years of owning a Foretravel, with the exception of the short, bright year when Corey ran the service department.

If you are not with the coach and have dropped it off for service, you are absolutely low man on the totem pole. They won't touch it until they know you are on your way back to pick it up.

I can't tell you how many times we left our coach for service on a Sunday afternoon, and when we returned on Friday at noon (because we worked during the week), less than 1/2 had been addressed. We ended up having to take time off to stay with the coach if we wanted repairs done. We saw coaches sit for weeks, untouched by service, because the owners weren't there.

We have also experienced workmanship failures on service that they tried to charge us for on re-repair (we persevered, but not without a heated discussion with management).

It is NOT the company it was when the Fore family owned it (pre-2005).
spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 05:32 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayward3411 View Post
Motorhomes of Texas is just down the street, they specialize in working on Foretravel coaches. I was in there shop for 5 days for cab AC repair. Great group of guys, stayed in coach on the premises. Water and electric on site.
Thanks for the recommendation. I might have to check them out next time.
RedRaider93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 11:15 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
I have taken my Realm to the factory several times, the one thing they do not seem equipped to handle is the electronics. The iPad could not control the front tv. They replaced the sender 3 times and still does not work. I told them after replacing the first time that the sender was not the problem.

After reading the Entegra forum (previously had a Cornerstone and an Anthem) I thought I would take the coach to NIRVC Lewisville for service. I live at Lake Travis so itís about equal distance to Nag. or Lewisville. I am very happy with there service. It took a little longer than anticipated but they kept me updated. It is really an impressive operation.
Bobl and Jud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 10:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayward3411 View Post
I second MHoT. They have great service. They even messed up something I discovered after driving back to Houston. They drove to Houston, picked up the coach, fixed the problem (about $2500), and brought the coach back. Never even tried to make an excuse or charge me.

Also for your body and paint work, see if Xtreme paint and graphics in Nac can take over. They do custom work for both Foretravel and Prevost. Excellent customer service and communication.
GWBGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 10:49 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
The family sold Foretravel a few years back and what i have heard from recent owners of Foretravels, it is not the same family operate d company. Corporate owned and operated now.

Go down the road to Motorhomes of Texas.

Ken
Old 09-16-2021, 11:05 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
The family sold Foretravel a few years back and what i have heard from recent owners of Foretravels, it is not the same family operate d company. Corporate owned and operated now.

Go down the road to Motorhomes of Texas.

Ken

Yes, the Fore family sold Foretravel in 2005.
Old 10-08-2021, 01:57 PM   #9

Today's Entegra and Newmars are not the same as older units. They are overpriced and not well built. I was disappointed in the comments on Foretravel as I thought they were still well built. Time for a Marathon I guess.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 08:42 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by moisheh View Post
Today's Entegra and Newmars are not the same as older units. They are overpriced and not well built. I was disappointed in the comments on Foretravel as I thought they were still well built. Time for a Marathon I guess.
Almost all Foretravels are well built. Every coach has problems.

I have just completed a 4,000 mile trip along with friend in a 2019 Cornerstone. He has problems just like we do. On this last trip Aquahot stopped working. Problem was communication between coach and aquahot. His compartment that the power cord is in would not open. We had to stay two extra days in Yellowstone since his coach would not start due to a computer failure.
Old 10-15-2021, 08:53 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Sad. I remember when I drooled over the thought of maybe someday owning a Foretravel but maybe I'll just keep my old Dynasty. Would really like to upgrade one more time as we get nearer to retirement but I keep hearing stories about quality issues on possible upgrade coaches that I would consider.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 10:47 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
I am not sure this thread started out as a question about the quality of our Foretravels. I am very happy with the quality of my coach and I am a big supporter of Spartan chasis (DEF issue aside). I drove 1200 miles in the last two days over horrible roads that rattled the coach about like a 6.0 continuous earthquake. Coach did great and I havenít found anything broken or loose. I think the question was about service. I have been trying to get someone to help me walk through fixing an issue for 2 months. I have called 4 times and no call back. Not exactly what you would expect from a premium coach builder.
Bobl and Jud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 04:55 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobl and Jud View Post
I am not sure this thread started out as a question about the quality of our Foretravels. I am very happy with the quality of my coach and I am a big supporter of Spartan chasis (DEF issue aside). I drove 1200 miles in the last two days over horrible roads that rattled the coach about like a 6.0 continuous earthquake. Coach did great and I havenít found anything broken or loose. I think the question was about service. I have been trying to get someone to help me walk through fixing an issue for 2 months. I have called 4 times and no call back. Not exactly what you would expect from a premium coach builder.
What is your issue? What coach do you have?
Old 10-17-2021, 08:17 AM   #14

I have a deposit on a 22 realm. Going to see it Tuesday. I admit Iím a bit discouraged reading this thread. Are these covid issues or is the company going the way of others like Country Coach, which I own now?

Tags
rust, service, travel