Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Foretravel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-23-2020, 01:52 PM   #1

Looking for an RV inspector

Hi there. I'm looking at a 2004 U295 4020 on the Motorhomes of Texas website.
Never owned an RV but I've been planning to do this for a while! I've done a couple of month-long rentals so I have had a wee bit of experience in driving a "big rig". What do I need to look at to decide if it's worth purchasing? Any feedback on this model?
Pros, cons, things to look out for?

I tried to find a level 2 RV inspector via nrvia.org, but there was no one listed within 50 miles of the Nacogdoches area.
I'm 1500 miles away, so I want to get an inspection before committing to travel all the way out there, especially in these pandemic times.

Any info / feedback / advice for this first-timer will be greatly appreciated!
Betcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-23-2020, 02:09 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club

Considering that an inspection is a very good idea. You may have to find one that is further away and pay their expenses. With the price of a MH, and wanting no surprises, it is a good investment.
TonyDi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 02:17 PM   #3

There are a ton of people with Foretravels in Texas and That are close to that area...

Go to the Foreforum.com and post which it is and maybe you will find someone with knowledge of that specific rig..

I have a 2002 U320 and love the aquahot option.. Those models are smaller but the main thing is the bulk heads (water damage).. Ball joints, batteries, tires.. The good thing with Foretravels is the bones.. wont find a better Bones rv .. So if the basics are good then the interior can be changed or updated.. .

Those also have the smaller motor and trans (if that matters).

Id say for never owning an Rv before you are really ten steps a head when considering a Foretravel.. I never understood how good I had it when I stumbled into mine... It was a blessing on so many levels..

Great coaches if you are happy with what they offer.. but the bones is what separates it from others.
Old 12-24-2020, 07:41 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidrvr View Post
There are a ton of people with Foretravels in Texas and That are close to that area...

Go to the Foreforum.com and post which it is and maybe you will find someone with knowledge of that specific rig..
Just a minor correction to the above, it's foreforums.com
spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 07:54 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
You might have to change your search criteria for nrvia. Try choosing another large city. I was able to find one from Indiana who'd travel to NE OH, but it wasn't from trying to find one within a small radius of the city where the coach was located. I paid the the mileage outside of his free range, but it was worth it to get the coach we now have.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 07:06 AM   #6

Motorhomes of Texas has an excellent reputation and sells a ton of Foretravels.
I did run over to their site to see the MH you're looking at, with it being a handicap coach I would suspect they would be very hard to find. It sure did look nice.
Old 01-02-2021, 02:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRITTER View Post
Motorhomes of Texas has an excellent reputation and sells a ton of Foretravels.
I did run over to their site to see the MH you're looking at, with it being a handicap coach I would suspect they would be very hard to find. It sure did look nice.
Ohhh, thanks for the feedback! Doggone it, I had already told myself it was a little too much for my budget. But having an outside party tell me it looks good kinda makes me wonder if I should take out a loan and go for it!
Betcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 06:32 PM   #8

Keith Reich does inspections in Nacogdoches. He will do it after hours as he us a Tech and shop foreman. A good man and honest about the inspection and what us needed.

24' Bornfree
John S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 07:40 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betcey View Post
Ohhh, thanks for the feedback! Doggone it, I had already told myself it was a little too much for my budget. But having an outside party tell me it looks good kinda makes me wonder if I should take out a loan and go for it!
Foretravel makes a very good coach and MHT has a good reputation.
I might suggest seeing if you can contact the gentleman just recommended.

If you are needing a MH with a lift that will really slim down the availability and then as we all have is budget to worry about.

Run over to http://www.rvtrader.com if you haven't already and do an advanced search on what you're looking for.

Good luck to you
Old 01-03-2021, 08:24 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
You might have to change your search criteria for nrvia. Try choosing another large city. I was able to find one from Indiana who'd travel to NE OH, but it wasn't from trying to find one within a small radius of the city where the coach was located. I paid the the mileage outside of his free range, but it was worth it to get the coach we now have.

Lori-
+1 to this. I had a similar experience when I purchased our Vista, I’m in Vermont and the Coach was in Western OH, about 650 miles away. I was able to find an inspector in KY who was willing to make the drive, there was just a surcharge for travel and accommodations added on to his usual fee. I don’t remember the exact amount but it was very reasonable and still cheaper then airfare would have been for me to fly out and inspect it myself. My sales rep reviewed the inspection when complete and all punch list items were fixed when I arrived a week later to pickup the coach.
Old 02-04-2021, 10:06 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by John S. View Post
Keith Reich does inspections in Nacogdoches. He will do it after hours as he us a Tech and shop foreman. A good man and honest about the inspection and what us needed.
That's who I used for a coach I am closing on tomorrow at MHT.

They have a very good reputation for high quality used coaches.
GWBGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 06:52 AM   #12

Looking for someone to check out a 2000 Foretravel in the Orlando area. Talked to one inspector and he wanted $1200. to check it out. Little more then I expected.
Old 02-09-2021, 07:12 AM   #13

Found someone.. Thanks
Old 06-18-2021, 11:32 AM   #14

Keith Reich - Inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by John S. View Post
Good afternoon. Do you have contact info for Mr. Reich? He sounds like the man I need to inspect a Foretravel I am considering in the Nacogdoches area. Thank you.
hammondc3 is offline   Reply With Quote