RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Foretravel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-11-2007, 01:00 PM   #1

My 93 Grand Villa all of a sudden lost power to trans shift console by the window. It is a push-button membrane type deal. Any one know where it gets it's power from. The panel has gone dark and does nothing. Any help is appreciated. At this point I sit in the driveway and pretend I'm going somewhere. Thanks Doug. ..............

douggeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2007, 01:00 PM   #2

My 93 Grand Villa all of a sudden lost power to trans shift console by the window. It is a push-button membrane type deal. Any one know where it gets it's power from. The panel has gone dark and does nothing. Any help is appreciated. At this point I sit in the driveway and pretend I'm going somewhere. Thanks Doug. ..............

douggeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:55 AM   #3

Doug
It may be as simple as a blown fuse. Do you have power every where else? Have you checked power to the panel? Best place to start. Ron
RVRONINPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 09:07 AM   #4

Helpful websites

You probably have found your fix by now but heres a link to a site that has troubleshooting tips for the transmissions. good luck
http://www.allisontransmissionparts....PartsTips.html
Old 07-05-2009, 02:23 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Once I found a ground wire out the connector on a DP. There was a connection panel in the storage bay - left front area. The ground wire closed the solenoid for the transmission feed. The wire was white - connected with two other white wires. This may help (i hope). A really simple fix after we found it loose.
Good luck.
skipwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 05:04 PM   #6

My 94 Endeavor has a fused wire coming from the engine battery that feeds the Allison transmission pad and brain. I had a similar problem that caused a $1000 tow. I had checked the fuse there, but later found a butt connector about a foot closer to the front that had gone bad. Of all our problems, about 90% have been electrical in nature. Good luck, ( the $79 towing insurance from Camping World is a worthy purchase, I was glad we had it) HarveyP

Cummins/Allison
HarveyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:48 PM   #7

I'm posting this just for any future searches on the subject by someone.

I had the reverse problem on my 1991 Foretravel. The shift console stayed powered up when the ignition was off. I discovered that the power flows through an engine oil pressure switch. The switch had failed and stayed switched "on" even with the engine off. A few taps on it and it's working properly now - maybe oily gunk over the winter. Interestingly the console does power up when the ignition is first turned on (w/out the engine running) so there is something more to the circuit than just a direct feed through the switch.

I suspect this switch is used to feed information to the transmission computer to let it know if the engine is running or not. The original poster may have a switch that failed in always "off" mode making the tranny computer think the engine is not running. It's usually those mechanical things like pressure switches that are most likely the problem - but this is just my guess.

JohnFitz is offline   Reply With Quote