Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Gulf Stream Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-09-2007, 08:06 PM   #1

Hi All! I am looking at our next coach and a 2004 GS Atrium has caught our eye. It is one of the only mid-enrty Die sels that I have found. The Atrium room is fantastic. The current price on these coaches are less than I expected leading me to question. Is there something about this coach that I don't know?
Any info may help
Thanks
Ron
Sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2007, 03:51 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sidewinder....
I have the gas version of this model and cannot speak to any diesel issues. But, I have the w22 chassis and it is a bit heavy for this chassis. They later put it on the W24.

The Atrium is great, two problems I have had with it, is having it seal properly when extended. Bugs get in the top if not sealed well. Another issue is that the top collects a lot of water and debris . I have to climb up on top to brush it off before retracting it.

Also, my bedroom slide does not have a slide cover and unless you extend the awning, it collects water and leaks in. I haven't looked at the diesel version it may have a cover.

I bought this coach new and have had many,many quality issues with it. Having worked through them because we love the floor plan.
Good Luck,
BellaBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 05:08 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
I too am intrigued by the floor plan of the Atrium model. I see they only made it for 3 years 2003,2004,2005. Was it not popular or were there too many problems with it? I see quite a few available for sale. We have a 98 Chieftain DP with the side entry and would not consider a unit with front entry.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:24 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We have the Atrium model in a 2006 Sun Voyager and so far like it great, love the floor plan and the atrium light and visibility
Old 02-07-2009, 03:22 AM   #5

Gulf Streamers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We have a 2005 Sun Voyager with the Atrium and just love it. We have had no issues with the Atrium slide what so ever. I have found that the easist way to retract the awning is to close the slide which is sometimes inconvient if you just want to roll up the awning because of wind but we learn to live with that.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:32 AM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Mr. Pronto,
I just lower the forward arm as far as it will come down, release the catch on the base mount then slide the arm closed all the way and reconnect to the base mount. That eliminates the need to close the slide.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:57 AM   #7

Gulf Streamers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks for the tip
Old 02-21-2009, 04:04 PM   #8

Streamerman I have a 2004 Sunvoyager atarium and I don't know what you mean by the post where you don't have to retract the slide out. Can you explain this for me again.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:56 PM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hi Uncle Sam,
The awning arms on mine are made to come loose from the side of the coach at the base with thumb releases. You could then mount them on the ground to something I suppose. Anyway, in order to lower the forward arm all the way if the slide is out, I have to take it loose where it mounts to the coach, pull the release pin on the arm, lower the arm so the hand grip clears the slide, then hook it back into the mount of the coach. I have to do the same thing to raise the arm if the slide is out. Sounds complicated but really is simple once you figure it out. The first time I saw this, I thought what a dumb engineering design, almost as bad as the sewer drain hose hole being too small to fit a connection through. Still haven't worked that one out