Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Gulf Stream Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2021, 09:40 PM   #15

We have used our GulfStream a couple times now, for short trips around the state. No real issues to speak of. I have learned a lot by following the threads on IRV2 and fortunately the problems discussed here haven’t applied to me...yet.
We are about to start our RV’ng season in a couple of weeks and I am excited about enjoying this coach. I am nervous though.
I read about all the problems people have and I think a coach this age, it isn’t if but when I suffer the same. I am not mechanically inclined and I am pretty lazy too. I am retired with a modest income so when these problems do arise they will become a stressful event. Everything works fine now so maybe I should sell this coach and look at something newer. Am I off the mark?
eddndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2022, 07:39 PM   #16

It has been a little over a year since we bought our little Gulf Stream. Last year’s camping went surprisingly well. I did manage to run it into a couple concrete posts the last camping trip but the repair went surprisingly well and you would never know the accident occurred.
I really like driving this m/h, the F-53 is a good chassis and other than a vibration I am still chasing I haven’t any gripes. All things associated with coach work well. I am having it sealed as we speak. I would definitely recommend this brand if the risk of an orphan manufacturer doesn’t frighten you.
Old 08-04-2022, 07:42 PM   #17

Another year of camping has gone by. Very minor problems if any. I love this motorhome and so do our friends. It is where everyone wants to congregate. DW wants something newer and she doesn’t feel the warmth I do for the atrium dining slide. As mentioned previously, this is a moderate weather coach, extreme weather overwhelms the large amount of windows. It is paid for and meets our needs… we are happy.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9386.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	467.6 KB
ID:	372852
Old 08-04-2022, 07:52 PM   #18

Keep it going. I like reading the daily events
Hpozzuoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 08:44 PM   #19

2007 Independence Conquest 8295

We took the GulfStream to Fort Flagler this past weekend, it is across the bay from Port Townsend, Wa. where the Wooden Boat Festival was this week. Such a beautiful area.
The motorhome worked great, we had 6 of us in our 3 coach party and we were able to prepare dinner and host card games, comfortably. I threw together some guacamole one afternoon and every one said it was the best…ever! I wish I had paid attention to how I made it because I don’t remember and I probably can’t repeat it.
Next week the coach goes in for a 30k service, fluids and filters and lube. I will have them determine the source of the wheel vibration too hopefully. It is a new shop to our county and I have heard good things.
Time to wash, wax and winterize, I would love to go camping some more though.
Old 10-04-2022, 08:49 PM   #20

Well that didn’t go well. A flaky shop. I drove the coach the 1 hour drive to the shop, my wife followed and we left it at the night drop off. This was Sunday night. Good thing I had copied the 30k mile check-off sheet as I could write the specifics and left it on the drivers seat.
Monday morning the service manager calls and says “What work did you want done as I don’t see a work order for your rig on the schedule?” “30k, which is fluids and filters changed and inspect the suspension” I explained the vibration I wanted diagnosed.
Then he makes the insane statement, “My gas engine mechanic left and we now only have diesel mechanics, we wont be able to work on your coach.”
I drove back that morning and picked it up and DW drove me out again that evening to get my car.
Anyone that tells me a diesel mechanic can’t change oil in a gas rig and RR the suspension is not a company I would trust my coach with.
I rescheduled with a nearby truck service center I had used previously, that I trust.
Old 11-21-2022, 08:19 PM   #21

Imperial Truck an RV repair in Kitsap County, Wa. did a nice job for me. They were professional, thorough and fair. They replaced the sheared roll pin for my electric slide motor and went through my suspension and rubber components on my chassis, oil change, etc. My wheel vibration is due to the cheap tires the PO had installed before selling.
Old 02-08-2023, 09:55 PM   #22

Winter here in the Pacific Northwest will be stretching into Spring soon. The seasons are all about the rain so leak chasing is a full time occupation.
We have decided to cover the existing linoleum with a layer of Luxury SPC plank flooring. It is a composite similar to LVP. That and add a new kitchen faucet. I also have new tires coming for the steer wheels. Hopefully this corrects my vibration. We are excited about our first camping trip next month.
Old 02-17-2023, 10:02 PM   #23

I decided to have the wheels re-balanced one more time as the weights were loose and poorly placed. That didn’t solve the problem but I did discover a some what sloppy carriage bearing and upon thinking about it, my vibration is consistent with what I would expect with a failing bearing.
Also, I have been using the neighbors driveway for 23 years to back into mine, always careful not to hit his mailbox. This time though, I clipped his cable box. So when I pulled forward I ran over his water service line, breaking it. Water flowing every where. I never even knew these boxes existed before. Fortunately I had the pieces to fix it. Now I need only to fix the corner of my fender as I broke off a good size chunk of the fiberglass. … and replace my carriage bearing.
Old 05-09-2023, 08:24 PM   #24

2007 Independence Conquest 8295

Replaced the carrier bearing and so much better! Had the fiberglass repaired and it looks good as new. The new flooring was well received and DW is happy with her new faucet. On this first trip this season she did discover a leak at the tail piece to the p-trap union though. A quick trip to the hardware store and we are good. Next trip coming up in two weeks, Fort Warden State Park. (The park they filmed ‘Officer and a Gentleman’ at) Yay!
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9803.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	603.7 KB
ID:	392595

Tags