Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Gulf Stream Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2021, 12:26 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
2021 Class C Conquest 6250

Not sure if anyone here has one of these and I just picked mine up yesterday so I will have many questions as we go forward. This post, though, is just a few comments on the coach and my observations of Gulf Stream and the dealer (no names mentioned).

I am not a first time owner (I've had new and used coachs and tag alongs) so my expectations are, I think, fairly realistic. That said I am both disappointed and somewhat satisfied, to this point.

We got the unit for a pretty fair price and the dealer did not put a lot of pressure on and generally treated us well. With that, though, their prep of the unit and PDI was pretty poor. The unit was not cleaned and there were some things not followed up on that should have been. I am not noting any particular dealer because we are working through some things right now.

I have never owned a Gulf Stream so I was not sure what to expect and, frankly, I'm a bit disappointed in the quality, or lack thereof. Now, don't get me wrong - I know that there have been quality issues with RVs for a long time but, still, a bit disappointing. Pretty poor finishes in a number of areas and even though this is not a high-end unit I would have liked to have seen some better finishes.

Also in the packet we received from Gulf Stream the only manuals in it were for the thermostat and 3 TVs - none of which are for the one TV that came with the unit. BTW, no remote for the TV either. No manual for; slide, leveling jacks, water heater, furnace, AC, etc.. I have sent a request for all the manuals and the build sheet through the Gulf Stream website so we will see what happens.

This is not meant as a rant - just some observations of slight disappointment.

I do really like the way this unit drives (albeit a small sample size) so I am looking forward to taking it out in the not too distant future.

Thanks gang.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2021, 12:06 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
RECOMMEND YOU NEED to make a list of chassis/ engine and all appliances w/ BRAND/ MODEL/ SERIAL, AND start ONE folder on computer with sub folders FOR EACH by BRAND/ MODEL##l then you can start a search online for Owner Manuals (OM), User Manuals (UM), Service Manuals (SM), Illustrate Parts List (IPL) and One click will transfer all to FLASH DRIVE AS NEEDED
Old 05-24-2021, 11:15 PM   #3

Mikemc53 here you go :

Here is a list of the bad and good on my new Gulfstream :

2021 BT Cruiser 5240 sitting on a 2021 Ford E-350 chassis

I give it a 3.5 out of 5 for quality, certain things were installed good and other things were not.

The Bad :

The gray/black waste valves and plumbing was installed wrong, unable to open black tank valve unless laying on my back, so I rebuilt the whole drain assemble and now it works like it suppose to.

The A/C was installed wrong, the bolts inside were to tight and cause the A/C fan to rub and make noise, loosen bolts and now A/C works good, the gasket was smashed to much causing the issue.

Fresh water pump made the pipes in RV rattle the back bathroom cabinet, installed a flex hose from pump to hard water lines and installed flex hose lines from hard water lines under cabinet to faucet and now its quiet.
[ had to cut back the hard lines install new fittings and install new flex rubber water lines to faucet so it stops the water lines from vibrating from water pump ]

Shower leak while taking a shower, shower door frame at the bottom was not caulk, caulk shower door frame at bottom and no more leaks..

Kitchen drain leaked as well, found the drain pipes were not tight at all, retighten all drain pipes in kitchen and bathroom.

RV entry door had wind noise while driving, removed trim around door and no insulation around door and day light coming in, I sprayed expanding foam around door and replaced trim now its quiet.

The 1st step inside the RV the wood floor part was weak, it needed extra bracing to support step, to make the repair easy without tearing up the floor I pulled back the rubber floor over the wood drilled 3 small holes and filled the cavity with expanding foam and now the step inside is rock solid.

Fiberglass curved shell that meets the Ford cab also had wind noise, removed interior inside and found no insulation at that area, just the fiberglass shell were it meets the cab, installed sound proof insulation now its quiet.

The guy that did the exterior silicone caulking did a OK job but was sloppy so I spent a weekend cleaning silicone caulking where it should not be.

Loose screws here and there inside and out, retighten screws.

Passenger seat swivel base was not tighten down good, it rattled while driving, tighten the bolts and now its solid.

The RV rear had a small sag and had a sway issue when I bought it, because of the fresh water tank and fuel tank behind the rear axle it caused the issue, so I bought Sumo Springs for the rear [1500 lb rate] and installed them, it raised the back about a inch and stopped the sway.
[Gulf stream should install Sumo Springs to stop this issue]

The shower pan is very thin, Gulfstream needs a thicker shower pan, should last a few years if I take it easy in the shower.

The Good :

The fiberglass roof is installed good, all seams caulked good and zero leaks from rain.

Slideout was installed good and straight, goes in and out proper and seals good when shut.

Interior cabinets installed good and straight, no rattles and looks good.

Murphy bed is installed good and works correctly, as well as the electric couch.

TV goes up and down good.

All other systems work good and installed good.

All electric lights and plugs work good and installed correct.

All appliances work good and installed good.

RV Structure is straight and sound.

For the price of $75,000 I find the RV to be good all around for that price, I have been in the maintenance field my whole life so repairing plumbing, electric, cabinets, floors, comes easy to me, all the work was done myself no need to take back to dealer to have some kid repair it wrong and wait months to get it done.
jackreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 07:05 AM   #4

I agree with Terry H. In this day and age of computers, you have to contact manufacturer online with model and serial number to get answers to you questions. After the Gulf Stream warranty expires, you'll have to deal directly with the manufacturer. We have 2020 6320 Conquest. Dealership fixed warranty stuff--(knock on wood) haven't had any more problems
Old 06-19-2021, 08:10 PM   #5

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush2 View Post
I agree with Terry H. In this day and age of computers, you have to contact manufacturer online with model and serial number to get answers to you questions. After the Gulf Stream warranty expires, you'll have to deal directly with the manufacturer. We have 2020 6320 Conquest. Dealership fixed warranty stuff--(knock on wood) haven't had any more problems

BTW, forgot to mention, often best place is MFR website for FREE manual downloads, but often those not found at MFR web are found on SERVICE/ PARTS VENDOR websites? Alternate, there are FREE Manual Library websites, but they are PLAGUED with distracting DRIVER UPDATE DOWNLAOD BUTTONS, so you HAVE to be VERY CAREFUL TO LOOK AROUND and Click on the CORRECT ICON. EXIT any websites that ask for/ require Credit Cards. If no luck, try a different SEARCH ENGINE? LUCK P.s. TIP: Take PICS as you go around making LIST of appliance MODEL/ BRAND/ LABELS, store them too, can be handy when ordering armchair/ internet, and RV not at the house.
Old 06-19-2021, 08:26 PM   #6

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Jackreno,
BTW, can I suggest you ADD SIGNATURE info to your PROFILE FOR irv2?
Old 06-19-2021, 09:57 PM   #7

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My old GS is a 1999, new to me 2017, BUt came w/ a 4-6-inch thick heavy plastic Gulfstream envelope that is still good... yours maybe still in a cabinet at dealership, or some salesman Desk drawer, and may contain your REMOTE/s too? Call and complain and ask? Salesman was maybe new? NOT all answers/ manual were included and I did download more myself, but a lot of NEW NOT online yet?

Tags
class c