Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Gulf Stream Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2010, 05:33 PM   #1

Bed room slide 2001 sunsport

Can anyone tell me how to move the bedroom slide forward ?
My slide has moved back where it is rubbing up against the closet doors in the back.
The little nylon guide is bent over and it appears that is part of the trouble,there is about an inche of space between the nylon guide and the front of the slide.
Can the slide be pulled forward?
Doug13589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2010, 02:44 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
The slide can be moved forward. I need to know what slideout system you have; is it hydraulic, electric, does it have cables? Basically you will loosen all adjustment bolts for horizontal travel inside and if need be outside (depending on system) and center the room for easier movement forward.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:27 AM   #3

The system is hydralic and I see no cables unless they are under the closet part of the slide.
There is a steel plate that runs the width of the bed with bolts and screws where the hydraulic ram is fastened and two guides ,one on each side of the bed.
I had the back roller fail and replaced when it faiked I think the slide just worked its way back and things got screwd up
Old 10-15-2010, 02:34 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
There should be an angle iron fastened to the floor and one that bolts to it that is part of the telescoping ram assembly. Loosen bolts and move room forward to center and re tighten bolts. Look at the vertical interior jamb for angle (if any) in comparison to a fixed wall or door. These same bolts can adjust angle so try to get it at the same vertical setting as it may shift when moving the room forward. Run room all the way out and check interior seal. Run room all the way in and check exterior seal. When it seals in both the extended and retracted positions and is centered in wall; you are done.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:13 AM   #5

Thanks for the help but this motor home must not be a 2001 but a 2000 sold as a 2001 to me.
the truck is a1999 and the rest was put on NOV 2000
The only angle iron was on the slide where the ram and two arms or braces are fastened to a piece of iron that is screwed to the wall of the slide. The slide rides on two rollers as far as I can see.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:23 PM   #6

A closer look ,the angle iron is fastened to the wall of the slide out,there are angle iron brackets from the hydralics fastened to the iron on the wall.The problem is the bolts holding them have self locking nuts and the bolts have been broken off and bent so the nuts are not coming off. I'm not sure I can lossen them either. I will see what happens tomorrow .
Old 10-16-2010, 02:48 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
You may have to cut them off with a die grinder and replace them. Be sure to use 1/2" carriage bolts as this will make tightening easier; the square shank fits slots in iron.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:32 PM   #8

No way to grind off the bolts and replace them I would have to remove the out side skin to get at them.If I raise the low corner of the slide it comes prety close to being where I want it.It appears that I'm not the first person to look at this problem.I hope that will slove my problem,I hate to waste a good day of nice weather but back out I go.
Doug13589