Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Gulf Stream Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-09-2018, 02:36 PM   #1

Driving Lights

looking to buy new driving lights for my 2005 Sunvoyager any suggestions would be appreciated
hoggem is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2018, 03:56 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
On the housing that hold the lights in place will be an SAE number. If you do a Google search for that number, or consult an auto parts store, you'll find out what manufacturer made that light assembly. Most often it will match up with a production vehicle that will have multiple sources, including Amazon or eBay.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 08:46 AM   #3

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You say driving, maybe meaning add-on lights? I have a 94 vehicle w/ glass rectangular sealed-beam headlights, still worked, thought "what can be wrong, cannot see?" Finally decided to try new, and when retainer removed from front, the lens fell off in my hands with glue failure, (BOTH bulbbs), inspection found elements STILL BURNING and no SILVER reflector remaining on back glass, it was clear glass on the back. AMAZING?? :-) :-(
THenne1713 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 10:33 AM   #4

Bob . thanks but? there is no numbers to be found on the housing/ Wish I knew how to post a picture of housing. I have it in hand, but the light itself is history. I am going to get to storage soon and pull the other side to see if I can find any numbers etc.

TH. no these are little round light below the head lights they turn on with ignition, at least they used to? the one still kinda works the other fried itself some time back.

Thanks all
Old 03-02-2018, 11:20 AM   #5

I was able to upload pictures but don't know how to move them to this thread?
Old 03-02-2018, 11:40 AM   #6

Gulf Streamers Club
Where did you upload the photos? to post a photo, copy the address of the photo. On the box to post a thread, click on the yellow icon of a mountain and moon(?) and a window will pop open and you paste the address of the photo in the window.

I looked at photos of a 2005 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager, by driving lights I guess you're referring to the small round lights below the headlights. I'm sure the headlight assembly has SAE numbers that would identify it, but the smaller lights perhaps not. I'd remove one of the light assemblies and see if you can identify it, then shop for bulbs to replace them. Driving or fog lights often are available aftermarket and you might find them by taking a photo of the light and mount on a plain background and do a Google Image search. I've had success finding parts using that method.

Bob & Donna
Old 03-19-2018, 08:57 AM   #7

I pulled the drivers side driver light of and found some numbers but cannot match them any where on the web, hoping someone here can steer me in the right direction?

SAE F 92 Guide 2N
Old 03-19-2018, 09:18 AM   #8

Gulf Streamers Club
The 'F' is SAE label for front fog lights. They may be driving lights, but are labeled 'fog.' 4 inches in diameter, I don't know if you can find them, might look in a salvage yard at Chevy Blazer fog lights.

Bob & Donna
Old 03-19-2018, 09:22 AM   #9

Numbers do pop in google. Including a hit here at irv2:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f110/fog-...it-203532.html

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 09:44 AM   #10
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I replaced my headlight assemblies last spring. I used a company that easily knew what I need. They were also very affordable. Installation was a snap.

Buy RV Lights/Motorhome Headlight - Top Quality at Best Price
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 09:48 AM   #11

Fog lights are different than driving lights.
Old 03-19-2018, 10:12 AM   #12

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4Gary View Post
Fog lights are different than driving lights.
Thanks, Mr. Obvious I just pointed out the 'F' notation in the SAE number says 'Front Fog.' Not all fog lights are yellow.

Bob & Donna
Old 03-19-2018, 11:12 AM   #13

Driving lights

These lights I purchased from O'rileys auto, were to replace the lower fog lights on my unit, whiche also help with my dim driving loghts.
cwjunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 09:53 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
Thanks, Mr. Obvious I just pointed out the 'F' notation in the SAE number says 'Front Fog.' Not all fog lights are yellow.
Wasn't responding to you, slick. OP mistakenly referred to them as driving lights. Yes, you did point out the F means fog.

Tags
light, lights