Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Gulf Stream Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-05-2009, 12:55 PM   #43

This was our first GS product and they have stood behind everything on the coach that we asked to have fixed right down to the smallest of details.

So far so good we are happy with the purchase. I think a lot of this boils down to maintenance, maintenance, maintenance.
Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2009, 07:54 PM   #44

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Purchased a new Super "C" Endura Diesel in 2005. Only thing on this coach that worked as advertised was the chassis, Engine and Allison tranny. Got rid of it after 5 months and 7500 miles after factory worked on it for three weeks. Not surprising we lost 45 thousand getting rid of it...G.S dealers didn't even want it.
Finally got a trade for a Newmar class A.......fabulous coach...no problems with it...

8.1 Workhorse w/UltraPower,Taylor 409 plug wires,AC Delco 41-993 Plugs and OEM Engineering Fuel Filter Adaper
stubeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:50 PM   #45

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Our first motorhome was a 1994 Gulfstream Conquest LE 26' with twin beds on a 1993 F350 chassis, purchased used in 2003. After replacing the roof (due to the PO not replacing the A/C seal and us not knowing any better) we had no trouble with the coach section. Design and workmanship, at least on this coach, was good, and their parts dept did respond and found a cabover window part number and supplier when we had to replace ours. I thought that was good considering the coach was about 11 years old at the time.

The chassis was another matter, we got to deal with leaking exhaust manifold (replaced with headers), leaking E4OD transmission that didn't like going up hills (even after a big tranny cooler and aux fan was installed), front suspension going through tires (after component replacement and multiple alignments), etc.

I will say that Ford has improved their chassis a lot, the F53 we have now loves going up hills and no problem so far with tire wear, etc.

Stewart
Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 07:19 PM   #46

We’ve owned our BT Cruiser now for 4 months. Unfortunately, it’s been at two different GS dealers being worked on for 8 weeks. A good part of the time it is waiting on the GS service center to respond to the dealers on how to fix warranty items such as AC unit that won’t cool, a sofa bed that isn’t bolted down, a slide that won’t slide and a front end alignment that has the steering wheel about 60 degrees off. I finally became frustrated and started calling/emailing the service center myself with not much more success. I started moving up the management chain with a little more success. Finally on my last go around when my wife emailed the GS President and VP of Ops, we got some pretty quick responses. But my RV is in the shop again with another issue that we will have to wait on GS again. So, is this GS bashing, should I be satisfied with the current level of response or should GS get their act together?
DanAngie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 03:24 AM   #47
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
I am sure that Gulf Stream, like all the rest of the industry that are still in business have cut down on staffing and you are seeing the results. There are some other manufacturers that have always been a little better at this kind of service but there are more that are even worse. I know that it is frustrating but once you get the bugs worked out you should be happier. Keep the pressure on and don't loose hope.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 07:38 AM   #48

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I drive a 2004 Gulfstream Sunvoyager. Yes I have griped a bit about Gulfstream, with the leaks I have had. but I really like it and it works for us. I do most all of my maintaince and it seems to be always something to fix but it was that way with the Bago I had before also.
The biggest gripe was the water leaks. Now that they are fixed I have nothing to gripe about.
darbyjudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:12 PM   #49

I just purchased my second Gulf Stream. I always have had great support from the factory and they have even shipped parts to me.
There is a dealer on RVUSA that sells Gulf Stream and he has nothing but praise for working with the factory. I just wonder how many dealers really are blaming the factory when it's acutally themselves?
Any way I have had two Canyon Trail fifth wheels now, an 04 and a 2010, both have had issues and both were taken care of promptly and to my satisfaction.
I too fixed a lot of small issues myself, no biggie.
As someone else pointed out, you get a lot of bang for your buck compared to other manufacturers.
Heading out for a 3 day weekend on Thursday!
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 02:44 AM   #50
Moderator Emeritus

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Hello Timothy and and to the Gulf Stream Owners Forum. We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. I am sure you will enjoy the website and forums. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:21 PM   #51

Thanks RV Wizard, Got tired of the brand bashing on RV.net, seems everyone wants to post their dissatisfaction. I was glad to find a thread where people are happy with thier rigs. Well most of us are lol. Thanks for the warm welcome.
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 02:59 AM   #52
Moderator Emeritus

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Like I said, "Glad to have you" !
Old 08-12-2010, 07:24 AM   #53

Fleetwood Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
we just bought 05 endura gs 6.6 duramax alison trans.38000 miles. had a couple repairs.this is are first mh.put 3000 miles on it so far ,looks like who owend it be for took care of it. as looking at used ones for 2 years lot of junk out there.so far were happy with it only had so much money to buy.heading to maine in 6 days than fl in winter than alaska next june.maybe by than i'll have different veiws on gs.
new rver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 03:00 AM   #54
Moderator Emeritus

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by new rver View Post
we just bought 05 endura gs 6.6 duramax alison trans.38000 miles. had a couple repairs.this is are first mh.put 3000 miles on it so far ,looks like who owend it be for took care of it. as looking at used ones for 2 years lot of junk out there.so far were happy with it only had so much money to buy.heading to maine in 6 days than fl in winter than alaska next june.maybe by than i'll have different veiws on gs.
Congratulations new rver on your Endura. Be sure to keep up on all maintenance, especially the roof and keeping water from entering in. Good luck and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences.