Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Gulf Stream Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-23-2014, 10:17 AM   #1

Question Headlight change

We have a 2006 Gulfstream Crescendo.
It's a FRED or diesel puller.
Driver side headlight light is out.
Have any info on how to remove and replace it?
kaygeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2014, 03:25 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Hello and and to the Gulf Stream Owners Forum. We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. I am sure you will enjoy our website and forums. Good luck, stay safe and keep us posted.
Get underneath the coach in that area and see if the bulb assembly will twist out the back side of the fixture in some manner. If so you should only have to replace the bulb if you have proper voltage getting to the socket.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 03:37 PM   #3

Taurus or Bust

The Gulf Stream Headlights were provided by Ford designed for the Taurus. The aftermarket ones for Taurus on Ebay work fine. If they are the same shape they are indeed the right ones. Try AM Auto Parts as they are priced really cheap. I did know what years but forgot so just look at the distinctive shape of the late 80s or early nineties. There is one model Taurus that have the un fluted ones but they are hard to find. I used the standard ones first but then changed out to the fancy version. The fancy ones which are very very hard to find require some mods so I would stay with the standard ones with the ridiculously low price. At this low price they should both be changed so they look new. The tail lights are for an early ford Pick Up or Econoline Van They are exact and are cheap as well. Ron
ronboatplane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 10:21 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
If you just have a burnt out bulb you can easily replace it. We have an 04 Atrium and I do believe it has the same lights. Open the front hood and you can just reach the back of the head light, there is a cover that you need to remove from the back of the light assembly that is held on with plastic tabs, when you remove the covers you can feel inside the back of the assembly where the bulb lives, there is a spring wire that holds the bulb into the housing that you need to undo and move it out of the way to remove the bulb. I installed HID bulbs in ours last summer that required removing the entire head light assembly but I did pull a bulb out and get the number off if before ordering the HID kit. They are not easy to reach and with my fat a$$ and arms just did it all by feel. If you are small enough you could literally crawl up from underneath and reach them form there, isn't not that hard. Good luck!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PA161802.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	389.6 KB
ID:	83921  
mdpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 10:25 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Oh yeah, by the way they were H7 bulbs.
mdpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 11:51 AM   #6

My 2004 Atrium 8411 in research with HeadlightDepot.com and a live video on how to work with these Mercedes ML350 and 500 headlights, are the same headlight. However mine are halogen for hi beem and HID STOCK for low beams. Know first if yours are all 4 bulbs of halogens model like maybe the 8410 or 2 halogen and 2 HIDs. Extreme important if ordering headlights as the Atrium wiring to the headlights depends on this.
BamBam424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 10:52 PM   #7

Sounds like you just need a lamp not a whole new headlight. Most likely an Autozone guy will change it for you. Tip him and be on your way.

Don’t know about the Crescendo but the Friendship lights are from a 1999 - 2005 Mercedes M series.
Dennis4809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 12:07 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Hey there bambam424, my headlights were all halogen, no HID OEM bulbs. I upgraded to HID's for the low beam then eventually went to LED head light bulbs the year before we sold it. Found the HID aftermarket bulbs to be very slow to light up and if you went to high beams then went back to the HID low beams it was scary as you were in the dark till they warmed up. I found LED's to be the answer to lighting issues. I've done a ton of research over the years to find out the best style to use. And yes you can upgrade the OEM HID bulbs to LED's. You replace the bulb and bypass the ballast, a bit more work but they work just great. Actually just did the OEM HID to LED change over on my daughters SUV a couple of weeks ago and she is super happy with them.

I hope this helps in some small way.
Old 11-30-2020, 07:32 AM   #9

Do you know what car it is from? Mercedes, Ford Taurus? Then YouTube changing the bulbs in that model. Saved me a ton of time
Old 11-30-2020, 11:11 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
In my old Atrium model it had the 2004 Mercedes ML500 headlights, halogen bulbs high & low beam. If you go on E-bay and punch in 2004 Mercedes ML500 headlights a bunch will come up and you can see what they look like. Likewise, do the same for your coach and headlights for it should come up. As I recall they did for our old coach.

Good luck!!
Old 11-30-2020, 11:17 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Just for sh!ts & giggles I went on E-bay and looked up the headlights for the 2004 Atrium and they have some fancy new ones there with the black background inside the light for $250.00 a pair!

Not a bad price if you ask me.
Old 12-02-2020, 08:14 AM   #12

Great info, thanks. Pondered why on high beem they cut off the low beem bulbs vs running all? Clicking on the high beem, NOT working, unless the key is on to even see outside both sides were on from the outside was puzzling to me too? I was inside when all done clicking hi to low then go outside to ponder why only lows? Turn the key just before ignition, then click hi to liw and all good, geeze!
Old 12-02-2020, 08:17 AM   #13

I saw those when realizing the description says for vehicles with all 4 bulbs needing to be h7's as i almost pushed BUY as I was pondering new
Old 12-02-2020, 08:43 AM   #14

Gulf Streamers Club
Different on mine

Your lucky, As we have a 2006 Tour Master and couldn't find at first the low beam which as you know runs while you drive. Finally took it apart and made out the number. It was a Hella 90mm Classic Modular Headlamp, H9 Halogen.
It was a small pain, but changing the other side next spring to will make it look nice and new again.
SgtJac is offline   Reply With Quote