Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Gulf Stream Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2018, 11:38 AM   #1

Hello I need help with a 2002 Gulf Stream Class C

Hello

I have acquired a 2002 Gulf Stream Model W6316T class C.

I haven’t received any documentation with this unit.

The stickers inside the passenger cabinet just aft of the entrance door only have the model I just posted. There is a good list of installed equipment and I will get manuals from the manufacture of that equipment.

What I need is a manual on the coach. The electrical system doe=sent work like I think it should. I don’t have 12V unless I plug in the shore cord.

There is a house battery under the top entrance step with a battery disconnect switch however turning this on doesn’t do any good.

I would have to do some extensive disassembly to determine the wiring associated with this switch and breakers located in this battery location.

Does anyone have a manual for this unit that may give me some information?

Thanks

John Paxton.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2018, 11:52 AM   #2

I have a 2000 Gulfstream C.

Here is a picture of my battery compartment.

Top right is the main circuit breaker. That feeds the 2 auto reset breakers below it. Your Hi-Amp breaker may have another large wire on it. I did some rewiring.

With a volt meter, test to see if the power is getting thru them. ( 12 volts on both sides ). The large one has a lever that sticks out if tripped.

From there, the power goes thru a passage to the fuse panel, near the 120 volt breakers. There should be a fuse there.Click image for larger version

Name:	0722181344.jpeg
Views:	106
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	211928
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 12:28 PM   #3

Here are pictures

Gulf Stream 2002 Class C page 1
Old 07-22-2018, 12:39 PM   #4

Thanks this is what I need.

First the battery switch what does it switch.

Second the only place I have voltage is between A and B, A and C but nowhere else.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Class-C-5-1.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	211936  
Old 07-22-2018, 12:43 PM   #5

I see that your hi amp breaker is tripped.

The lever needs to be pushed up towards the red button.

Can't see the battery markings but make sure " B " is the positive terminal.
Old 07-22-2018, 12:46 PM   #6

The battery switch shuts off power to the house and generator. Its used for long term storage.
I have 300 Watts of solar and never turne mine off.
Old 07-22-2018, 12:50 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3665RE View Post
Hello

I have acquired a 2002 Gulf Stream Model W6316T class C.

I haven’t received any documentation with this unit.

The stickers inside the passenger cabinet just aft of the entrance door only have the model I just posted. There is a good list of installed equipment and I will get manuals from the manufacture of that equipment.

What I need is a manual on the coach. The electrical system doe=sent work like I think it should. I don’t have 12V unless I plug in the shore cord.

There is a house battery under the top entrance step with a battery disconnect switch however turning this on doesn’t do any good.

I would have to do some extensive disassembly to determine the wiring associated with this switch and breakers located in this battery location.

Does anyone have a manual for this unit that may give me some information?

Thanks

John Paxton.
Manual for the coach doesn't exist. Never did. All they give out is a generic RV version.

If you have 12 volts on shore power, it tells me your converter is working. If not working off batteries, look at the 2- 40 amp DC reverse polarity fuses on the converter. Do you have 12 volts to your slide? Check both sides of your battery disconnect switch. Look for an inline resettable fuse near the battery inline with the wire to the converter. What is the voltage of the house battery?
Old 07-22-2018, 12:59 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Manual for the coach doesn't exist. Never did. All they give out is a generic RV version.

If you have 12 volts on shore power, it tells me your converter is working. If not working off batteries, look at the 2- 40 amp DC reverse polarity fuses on the converter. Do you have 12 volts to your slide? Check both sides of your battery disconnect switch. Look for an inline resettable fuse near the battery inline with the wire to the converter. What is the voltage of the house battery?
If the converter reverse polarity fuses blow there would be no converter output, anywhere.

Have you been following the post ? The breaker is tripped.
Old 07-22-2018, 01:00 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3665RE View Post
Thanks this is what I need.

First the battery switch what does it switch.

Second the only place I have voltage is between A and B, A and C but nowhere else.

You should have voltage between A and D. If not on A and D, flip the switch.

Just think of it as a light switch in your house.
Old 07-22-2018, 01:33 PM   #10

Thanks a lot you all.

I now have the 12V system and the 120V system working. The house battery is charging at 13.5V.

The Refrigerator, range hood and all lights are working. I haven’t tried the stove yet.

Now for the TV.

This unit has a Winegard crank up antenna but I am unable to find the switch to turn the amplifier on any ideas?
Old 07-22-2018, 01:49 PM   #11

Mine is a tiny switch built into a 12 volt power port and cable connector.

My antenna didn't work because the connector, under the rubber boot on the roof, got wet and corroded the center wire.
Old 07-22-2018, 02:16 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
Mine is a tiny switch built into a 12 volt power port and cable connector.

My antenna didn't work because the connector, under the rubber boot on the roof, got wet and corroded the center wire.

Hi

I can’t find that wall plate with the little red button on it. LOL
Old 07-22-2018, 02:22 PM   #13

Mine is over the table, nowhere near the original TV.
Old 07-22-2018, 03:30 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
If the converter reverse polarity fuses blow there would be no converter output, anywhere.

Have you been following the post ? The breaker is tripped.
The converter will very well put out 12 volts to the rig with the r p fuses blown. The converter will put out 12 volts to the system with no battery installed. My neighbor has had no battery in his rig for 4 years.

have you read my signature line.

Tags
class c, gulf stream, need help