Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Gulf Stream Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-25-2021, 04:24 AM   #1

Question how to manually close slide

I don't have a problem, just curious. We have 2020 Gulf Stream Conquest Class C. How do you open or close the slide outs manually? if there was no power and If we weren't plugged into shore power and if the house batteries were dead or not enough juice to close the slide outs. I like to know these things ahead of time. Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2021, 06:48 AM   #2
chs

Seeing that you have two different size slides usually means you also have two different types of slides. You need to go under each of them to see what type of mechanisms you have. That will tell you what type of slide you have.
Go on You Tube and watch the videos.
This one will let you figure out which you have.

another from a search.
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...anual+override
chs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 05:23 AM   #3

thanks chs. I thought the slides were thee same, but I'll check anyway.
Old 02-26-2021, 10:34 PM   #4

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
re: Slideout power fail: On my 99-GS w/ DEWALD HYDRAULIC, there is a procedure to use a built-in hydraulic hand pump; on later models w/ motor/ gears, there are procedures with hand-crank or electric drill, BEST PRACTICED in the DRIVEWAY AT HOME, so that you know WHAT TOOLS/ WHERE/ HOW, vs (trying) when stuck trying to leave in 3-days of rain/ snow? Start with getting the BRAND/ MODEL NUMBERS OFF YOUR SLIDE & MOTORS, with PICTURES of MOTORS/ LABELS, etc. often helps RECLINER CLASSROOM/ RESEARCH TRAINING :-) THEN you can search/ download the appropriate OWNER MANUAL and/or SERVICE MANUAL and./or PARTS LIST. *(Sometimes) the OM will have a VENDOR LIST IN A BACK PAGE, so brand/ website/ contact info there maybe useful, but COLOR SALES BROCHURES can often also have useful pictures or brand info? Luck. p.s. Also USEFUL TO ;OCATE/ become familiar with the various 12vdc breakers (either MANUAL RESET OR AUTO-RESET), usually within 198-inches of the coach battery itself, and sometimes one/two more under hood forward of driver (for coach battery charging systems from main engine alternator)?
Old 02-27-2021, 12:35 AM   #5

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
edits: 1) ";ocate" should read LOCATE; 2) "198-INCHES" SHOULD read "18-inches"; apologies for error
Old 02-27-2021, 04:27 AM   #6

Your class C probably has Schwinteck electric slides.
You can tell by long gear like racks, top and bottom, on the side of the slide box.

To close them without power, you need to remove a screw up behind the outside rubber seal, go inside, disengage the motor behind the trim by popping the motor upand then pushing the slide in.

Download, or dig thru your bag of info, for the detailed steps to troubleshoot problems.
The controllers have override buttons that can be used as long as you have battery power.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 06:31 AM   #7
chs

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
Your class C probably has Schwinteck electric slides.
You can tell by long gear like racks, top and bottom, on the side of the slide box.

To close them without power, you need to remove a screw up behind the outside rubber seal, go inside, disengage the motor behind the trim by popping the motor upand then pushing the slide in.

Download, or dig thru your bag of info, for the detailed steps to troubleshoot problems.
The controllers have override buttons that can be used as long as you have battery power.
As per Schwintek, You do not have to remove the motor, you only have to unplug the motor from the controller.

Quote from manual: (Page 18, section B) Disconnect the motor harnesses from the In-WallŪ
controller (Fig. 36A) to allow the slide room to be
manually pushed into position.

Here is the link to the manual. I also added it to the file section of this forum.

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0001769.pdf
Old 02-28-2021, 05:24 AM   #8

Thank you for all your help. I've printed most of the pages from the LCI slide out manual link pertaining to manually overriding the motor and pushing the room in. I've added this very helpful information with my paperwork. I don't intend to replace the motor or anything like that. I just needed to know how do I get the room back in so I can travel down the road and get the camper to someone who knows what he's doing.
Old 02-28-2021, 06:04 AM   #9
chs

It's what we do

Kidding aside. The best thing you can do is learn ALL about your rig. It will make all the difference when something goes wrong. Even if you don't fix it yourself, knowing how it works helps a lot.
Good Luck! Safe travels.
Old 02-28-2021, 10:29 PM   #10

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
One other thought: if issue was strictly POWER OUTAGE vs motor/ gear failure, YOU NEED to know where MANUAL RESET 12vdc CIRCUIT BREAKERS are located, and properly labeled as to what feeds what; e.g. the 50a (located under step, next to my coach battery, feeds the ISTRIBUTION PANEL, the 25a FEEDS my step, and the 100a feeds my GEN STARTER. On some hitch trailers, they are UNDERNEATH trailer, behind the battery on tongue, where on a 5th wheel, often located in a forward compartment. If you have proper operation, running main engine will/ should CHARGE coach battery/ies, HOPE THIS HELPS.
Old 03-01-2021, 01:28 AM   #11

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The more you know about your rig, the closer you are to having intelligent conversation about maintenance/ repair, and maybe that much closer to quality DIY REPAIR. :-) LUCK

Tags
manual, slide