Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Gulf Stream Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-20-2018, 06:31 AM   #1
Gru

Question Info/Opinions needed re Gulfstream's Brands of trailers

Hi everyone new here. Opinions wanted on Gulfstream's Brands of travel trailers. I'm looking at buying a travel trailer in the next year and GS has several smaller models with floor plans I like. I'll be a first time buyer with zero experience with travel trailers. What's the pro and cons of aluminum vs fiberglass exteriors? What are the must have features? My height, 6'3" is a definite limiting factor. GS offers the ones I like with Queen beds and 80" interior heights. There are other models with floor plans that would be great except for their 74" beds and 6'4" interiors.

I also really like some of the smaller Lance trailers but they are really expensive compared to most other brands. Are they that much better.

Thanks in advance guys.
Gru is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2018, 06:52 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
I can't speak for trailers, but when I bought a 2009 Gulfstream class C workmanship was poor and I could not get warranty work done. Sprinter chassis was great but coach had multiple issues from day one. Had to repair everything myself. After getting everything fixed coach was ok until I traded it in on a class A. Hopefully they are better now.
Old 07-07-2018, 05:06 AM   #3

Info/Opinions needed re Gulfstream's Brands of trailers

I have a 2017 GS Innsbruck 276B. 27’ aluminum body. Going on second year of ownership. The only issue I had was a clogged kitchen sink. Apparently when they drill the plastic tanks for fittings they don’t clean out shavings real well and some of the plastic bits clogged facet. Just removed the screen and blew it out. Aside from that it has been a great trailer.
There are arguments on both sides for aluminum vs fiberglass. I chose aluminum because I live in the northeast. Wetter and colder climate. My fear was delaminate issue with fiberglass skins. I think fiberglass is better suited for southern drier climates. I also think aluminum skins are lighter. Nonetheless I love my trailer.
Storage seems adequate as does the construction of interior and exterior.
I wanted a trailer that was affordable but not an ultralight model. IMHO you trade off when purchasing ultralight trailers in that quality suffers. You have to give up something in order to lower the weight. But I also didn’t want a trailer overbuilt and heavy. Middle of the road so to speak that wouldn’t kill my budget. Believe I rolled off the lot for $21,000. That included hitch, sway bars and brake controller.
There’s no shortage of opinions on these forums. I’ll just say that I have been very satisfied with the purchase.
Rickho is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gulfstream, trailer