Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Gulf Stream Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2011, 09:50 AM   #1

Freightliner Owners Club
Low air pressure warning

2007 Tour Master, 12K miles.
Low air pressure warning "screecher" randomly comes on, off when hit a bump, then back on shortly later, no ryme or reason!
Definately NOT low on air, leftr air tank does instantly go to "0", then instantly back to actual air pressure.
Obviously an electrical connector issue. The "screecher" is inside a module on the back of the Driver Information Center, not able to disconnect it due to its being inside the module.
Have grabbed and shook all the connections I can find, but have not found the right one...
anyone have experience with this particular Gremlin??
Thanks...
free-to-roam is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2011, 03:11 PM   #2

Triple E Owners Club
Are you able to pull the left air tank gauge or is it integrated with the instrument panel?
OneRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:32 PM   #3

Check gulfstream forum I think that was covered there. A bad wire harness I believe was to blame.
rescue7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 03:50 PM   #4

Freightliner Owners Club
irritating screecher

Been traveling a couple days. Thanks to all for the input. Will check out the suggested pages.
I can get to the gauges, they are NOT mechanical, they are electrical. If all else fails, I may be able to follow the wires back to where they get the information to sound off.
I am leaning toward a bad connection, or maybe something in the module. Sometimes when I activate the turn signal, either one, the screecher stops for a while, till I hit another bump!
Tells me there is a correlation somewhere in that wood pile. I can't get a Freightliner dealer to even look at it, so, I suppose I'll get to the bottom of it with all your help!
Thanks again, going to study the pages, will post later, probably next week as to what the outcome is...
Old 10-14-2011, 06:30 PM   #5

call the Freightliner 800 number they should be able to help.
rescue7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 04:52 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
I had the problem and replaced several gauges before finding the culprit. Have the dealer call Gaffney. They are well aware of the problem and can assist them in the fix.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:24 AM   #7

Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks again to all...
I shot an E-mail to Freightliner, asking the location of the VCU, they replied back, ON THE WEEKEND!, the problem is likley with the unit in the dash, or gauge wiring. Asked me to take it to a FL dealer, have THEM call the factory, it would be resolved.
Promising response.
Have an appointment with Register, in Brooksville, Fl, next Wednesdsay.
More to follow, after that!
Thanks again to all for the input, I likley would not have found half of the info without all the terriffic input...
J. R.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:15 PM   #8

Freightliner Owners Club
FL factory requests me to take unit to Tampa for change-out of 9 parts, mostly wiring harnesses. have appointment this Wednesday, 11/2
We shall see...
J. R.