Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Gulf Stream Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2010, 05:00 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
mud flap on back

we own 05 gs endura went on first trip pulling a toad on dolly.toad took a beating.anybody put a flap on back of there mh.how does it work or should get bra for car?
safe travels bob,linda & missy
new rver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2010, 10:45 AM   #2

This is what you need UltraGuard Splash Guard/Mudflaps on Sale and they are fairly easy to install.
lostagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:01 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostagain View Post
This is what you need UltraGuard Splash Guard/Mudflaps on Sale and they are fairly easy to install.
thanks for replay
Old 09-12-2010, 06:11 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I am happy with my DIY UltraGuard. Went with the full package. Mine is two or three inches higher than most I've seen so I am pretty sure it doesn't drag or kick up any stones. I did use a toad front cover on the ALCAN hwy last year but only felt it was necessary for a less than 100 miles total.
Volunteers USFWS. 9,300 hrs each, 29 refuges. 04 Allegro 30DA, WH 8.1, Banks, 2012 Jeep Liberty , Brake Buddy Adv Select, 300watts Solar, "Philippians 4:11-13 KJV"
Rocky Larson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 08:50 PM   #5

Also happy with my DIY UltraGuard. The gas tank and trailer hitch limited placement choices. I settled on 2' behind the rear wheels and about 4" off the ground. No chips on our 2010 toad so it certainly isn't hurting.
Craig1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 05:50 PM   #6

Hi Bob, I have a Rock Solid brand flap that hangs off the rear bumper. It came on the C when we bought it. Towing the son-in-laws boat, it works really good, never anything on the front of the boat. It is made of fairly stiff material, about 1" off the ground. I can hear it drag when going into and out driveways. But that is okay, for what it does.When I get my dolly for the toad. I now know that the toad will be ok back there.
Bill
woodworker414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:23 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
thanks for all the replays
Old 01-11-2011, 07:58 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
We had that full flap on the back of our Ultimate; I call it a parachute; Took it off put it in the dumpster Put flaps behind the rear and front wheels; No braw on the tow ;; no chips on the tow; Just what in the heck does that full flap do any way;; Before you answer think about it.. Not to much flying up in the center on the coach; Some will say rocks fly out the side; Well i herd cows jump over the moon.. I never seen that ether;; Life is good..
bachler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:11 PM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Mud

I installed the brush style. Heard the mud flap solid style are nosie ? I would also use a front cover (bra) on the toad or dolly shield.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:36 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
We had a couple that had a new coach and tow car on the Alaska trip.I told him to remove that parachute that was draging the air under the coach; He Knew better. We got back he had to repaint the front end of his car, as it had allready been sand/rock blasted; The Problem is this; The total up and down motion of the coach is 7.400 Now I want to ask the person at what height do you set the dragging wind chute;; I personly want allthat dirt and dust to get out from under my coach, And not have some silly flap holding it under the coach; A little flap bekind each wheel is what we have; No braw, no screen no rock chips; How can anyone dissagree with secucess;; Our Fuel milage went up near 1 mile per gallon, without that drag;; Life is good;;
bachler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:34 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Mud flap worked for me..

Just make sure you put it in the correct distance from the tires, for your rig.
Voyager35L is offline   Reply With Quote