Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Gulf Stream Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2012, 03:12 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
More than likely there was air in the line and/or jacks and with filling the reservoir and running the jacks up and down a bit has purged the lines and now the jacks hold. If you can get to the control box you may find a blown fuse for the auto level. Good luck and keep us posted
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2012, 02:57 PM   #16

Thanks RV Wizard

The fluid wasn’t low. Some one has been servicing it and I now suspect it had been over filed and the vent was cross threaded so it did seal the gasket and the leak is fluid splashing out at that point.

The electronics are not accessible at all the rear axel spring hangar is to close to the electronics to remove the rubber welting to open it up.

The leveling sensor doesn’t work on the front axis. I can raise and lower the back of the coach and get the level lights to change. I can raise and lower the sides and get the level lights to change but when I raise and lower the front the level light stays on. When you use auto level you get an exceeded limits light and the unit stops.

I can get it level using the manual system indicated in the maintenance manual.

3665RE
3665RE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:13 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
I would suggest accessing the control box and checking for connections and/or fuses for the level sensor to the main control board. Good luck and keep us posted.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:20 AM   #18

Thanks

I want to thank everyone that has posted suggestions.

The solenoid valve for the passenger’s side rear jack is bypassing fluid back to the reservoir and the level sensing unit isn’t functioning correctly. The unit is just not accessible without making some modification to the mount brackets.

My consulting contract is coming to an end so I hope to be able to take time this summer to cut the mount bracket and remove the unit and do a proper install in a way the unit can be lowered with a jack in order to service it.

I would like to say that HWH customer support has been very helpful and has acknowledged that they don’t have a dealer in the south half of Florida. I am impressed with their unit. It’s not the manufacturers fault that the installer didn’t take the time to do a proper installation.

To bad some of the RV manufacturers haven’t learned the value of customer support.

3665RE

Tags
manual