Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Gulf Stream Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2010, 11:32 AM   #15

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Howdy Steven,
Welcome aboard!! Glad to have young people join up and hope you enjoy the motorhome as much as we do ours.. If you ever get to Coleman, Texas one of the nicest places to stop is Hords Creek (Corps of Engineers) Park on Hiway 153, between Coleman & Winters.. We live across the hiway from it..
Hiway 153 is a good cut-thru from the Waco/Austin area to the Panhandle, without a lot of heavy traffic... Make a reservation for weekends in summer though..
butterbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2010, 11:55 AM   #16

Gulf Streamers Club
New Member's Welcome

Hello good people,
I'm feeling pretty stupid right about now (must be that "OLD" memory kraft disease thing ) Seriously though, I'm pretty sure when I joined up, I didn't introduce myself to the Gulfstream Owners Forum, so here we go. As a family, we (that would be myself, DH and the kids) started out tenting about 10 years ago. From there we graduated to an '02 Coleman Sun Valley Pup, and finally picked up a beaut of a 2004 Gulfstream Conquest Supreme 5-er in late 2007. Call her "Puppy" (yep she's got a name). You know... "that Puppy's really something" kinda thing. Ok, enough clowning around. She was a bank repo but we really lucked out. You might expect a bank repo to be a mess and not well cared for but she was/is in pristine condition. The term "previously loved" definitely applies here. She was short 1 swivel rocker, the stereo, antenna, and the all important manuals but other than that she is still like new. Camping season is just about to kick off here in chilly Quebec, Canada, so this week she get's her annual "spa treatment". We're removing all the caulking, resealing the joints, cleaning and treating the roof and looking forward to spending our first night in her this season. We're changing camp grounds so this year we're down by the US border, within sight of the beautiful Adirondak Mountains of New York State.

Can't wait for this weekend
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:00 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Welcome Ingrid, we are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. I am sure you will enjoy it here. Keep us posted and stay safe.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 07:40 AM   #18

Gulf Streamers Club
Send a message via Yahoo to W9WLS
NEWBE (sort of)

Morning YA'll:
My wife and I (Edna N9UKI) are both Ham Operators and retired, I finely retired after 25+ years as a CP/ power plant electrician/ field engineer for a major power company .
A few months ago we purchased a 1990 "Gulf Stream, Sun Clipper" on a Chevy chassis which is located at my sons home in Georgia.
The MH is in very good physical condition and has only 84K on the chassis, Previous owner (s) did do some "CREATIVE WIRING" on the battery system which I am trying to sort out (posted a query on another forum here) and currently trying to find an original schematic on the MH but not having much luck.
Not really planning to take the MH on the road much, mostly use it as a 2nd home when visiting the kid's in Ga..
Don't know what else to tell at this time except that I hope I've got this posting in the right place.
73 all !
W9WLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:20 PM   #19

Gulf Streamers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to normandlegra
Hi, I'm Normand from Trois-Rivières, Québec, Canada; I'm retired and so is my girlfriend.
Until yesterday, I owned a 1993 34 footer Scenic Cruiser GS pusher; I traded it for a 2010 Yellowstone GS, 38 footer 3 slides on a FORD.
Anxious to take it out for a ride this week end.
normandlegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:33 AM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Hello Normand and welcome to iRV2.com and to the Gulf Stream Owners Forum. We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. Congratulations on the new Yellowstone. I am sure you will enjoy the website and forums. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:54 PM   #21

Does anyone have an opinion on a 1995 39' Gulfstream Tourmaster. Thx
rfanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:38 AM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
At the time the Tour Master was Gulf Stream's flagship. You will want to be careful with the age but if it were well taken care of and not allowed to sit for long periods of time, it should still be a dependable unit. I would hire a qualified service technician to do an inspection of the coach and all systems. If you are satisfied with his report then hire a qualified chassis shop to inspect the chassis and drive train before putting any money down. Better to spend a little and know than to gable and have regrets later.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:08 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
I am a new owner of a Tour Master 2008 40A. Just trying to load the possessions we have accumulated from several years of using a 31 Hitchhiker and a few boats. It is amazing how much unnecessary junk one accumulates. We have traveled in all but three States and camped in most as well as a four year circumnavigation of the Eastern US and Canada by boat. At first look we may seem to be seasoned travelers yet every time we leave home there seems to be areas we have passed by that turn out to be interesting.
Learning about our new purchase will no doubt be foremost in my thoughts for awhile.
Luckiest Dreamer
Larry B
Luckiest Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:52 AM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Hello Larry and welcome to iRV2.com and to the Gulf Stream Owners Forum. We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your adventurers and experiences. Congratulations on your new Tour Master. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:39 PM   #25

My wife and I and two middle school kids just joined the Rving class. We purchased a 1997 Gulfstream Sun Sport with a 460 and a single slide. We decided to try our hand at Rving. My family were 'campers' back in the day, my wife is new to the sport, although our MH is not quite roughing it like we did in our little silver Teepee in the 60s. We joined Treasure Lake Branson and expect to go there quite a bit and maybe tour some in the summer. OzarkBob!
OzarkBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 03:03 AM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Hello Bob and and to the Gulf Stream Owners Forum. Congratulations on your Sun Sport. We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. I am sure you will enjoy the website and forums. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:59 AM   #27

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Howdy Ozark Bob,
Welcome aboard and may all of your trips be safe ones.. That Gulfstream Sunsport is a nice coach.. When we were looking we looked at 33' SS and liked it
except it wouldn't stay in one lane.. I didn't have $$ to fix a big problem so we
passed on it.. My wife really liked it though!! Try to get to an Escapees Boot Camp, if at all possible!!! It will be worth it and you LEARN SO MUCH... ENJOY
YOUR NEW HOBBY!!! When you retire and become a FULLTIMER you'll be ready...
butterbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:23 AM   #28

New Member StepenF.Sunvoyager DP

• Hi to everyone,I am a new member to the forum,I have a 1996 Gulfstream Sunvoyager DP 31`4".I have owned this coach for 7 years, I am based in England,and have travelled to over a dozen countries throughout Europe in her . Mainly,but not exlusively , during Dec to May; in order to escape the British winters. I am an engineer ,and tend to carry out all my own maintenance and repairs . Over the years I have spent an awful lot of dosh on many many upgrades but I still feel this machine is the best thing I have ever bought ! Hope to be able to contribute to the forum in the future . STEPHENF
Stephen Fost is offline   Reply With Quote