Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Gulf Stream Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-03-2010, 10:08 AM   #43

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hello Ed and Doris,
Congratulations on your Gulfstream Crescendo. Sounds like after you finish fixing a few bugs, you are going to have a nice unit. I believe the Crescendo is a diesel pusher, but not sure about your chassis and engine specifics. From what I know about DP's, if you are having trouble with temp gauge climbing going uphills its probably a radiator problem. First I would recommend to clean the outside of the radiator. It is fairly common for oil blow by to buildup on the core and block air circulation. Steam cleaning would be the preferred method for this. If that does not fix it there may be a blockage from corrosion buildup inside the radiator.

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-06-2010, 12:14 AM   #44

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Hello and welcome...

For your temp problem, look at the rad cap. Also make sure you have a proper mix of water and coolant. Water cools better than 'coolant', which is really antifreeze, not a coolant.
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 02:45 AM   #45
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Hello and and to the Gulf Stream Owners Forum. We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. I am sure you will enjoy the website and forums. Good luck, stay safe and keep us posted.
Propane appliances are effected by altitude. But because of design, unless you are going to remain at this 7000' + altitude you would not want to make changes to the fuel and air mixture ratios.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 12:05 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Wizard View Post
We would like to welcome all new members to this forum. We are glad top have you join us here. Please introduce yourself here and don't forget to add your coach information as a signature in any new post made in the forum. Thank you and enjoy!
Im also new to this forum! I own a 2000 Gulf Stream Conquest 23 ft class C. There was a leak where the atenna is mounted so I had it talken to an RV shop to be repaired. I got on the roof to check out the work and noticed wheresome areas where the rubber roof had lifted from the plywood like an air bubble? Not sure if you can just cut into the bubble area and re-glue it down our if there is water damage under the rubber how do you remove the affected area. Im sure someone out their has had to address this problem and I would really like to know how you corrected this issue. Our please direct me in the area where I can get any info. Thank you Conquest123
Conquest123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 03:24 PM   #47

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
there's a couple different ways to repair it. If they are small bubbles you could use a ink cartridge refill needle to inject contact adhesive into the spots, then dicor lap sealant over the injection holes. If larger area is affected, cut out a large section and use contact adhesive to re-secure. Inspect for water damage while patch is removed. After re-gluing use eternabond tape over all the seems to complete the reseal.

Old 11-14-2010, 09:38 AM   #48

Gulf Streamers Club
Glad to find this forum. We really enjoy our 2000 Scenic Cruiser. we are simi-retired. working on selling the things that tie us down so we can work less and travel more. What brought me here was an issue i am having with my 12v coach lights. If any of you have time please look at my thread under "MH-General Discussions & Problems" "12 volt issues in coach." I have very little literature on my 2000 coach so when problems occur I am lost. Plus i am not too smart in electrical issues (some think not too smart among other things too HaHa)
rhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:53 AM   #49

Thanks for the welcome my wife and I are retired and baught a 2000 Conquest by Gulf Stream. We are lookg forward to the spring so we can get out and use our motor home. We live in the North West and road conditions are not the best this time of the year so we will enjoy better weather. Still trying to fine my way around this web site thanks Conquest123
Conquest123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:52 AM   #50
Moderator Emeritus

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Hello rhorn and Conquest123, . We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. I am sure you will enjoy the website and forums. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:01 AM   #51

New owners of a 2005 Gulf Stream Conquest Super-C.

Wondering if there are any owners out there with the entertainment center up top? There is a hole in the right side cabinet, that looks like it might have had something from the factory there that was later removed.

We downsized from a Winnebago Journey Class A so the wife drive easier. Will be interesting to see how I adapt to the change!

Ken

oh! How would you verify the model #? From the floorplans I found it shoud be a 6316DK, but I don't see anything with that number. A weight chart I found had a number not resembling this at all.
ConquestKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 02:26 AM   #52
Moderator Emeritus

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Hello Ken and and to the Gulf Stream Owners Forum. We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. I am sure you will enjoy the website and forums. Good luck, stay safe and keep us posted.
Congratulations on your Super C. You may find a list of model and serial numbers of appliances with the floor plan model number at the top of this sheet inside of a closet or cabinet. They used to put these in but not sure, if they did, in 05.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:42 AM   #53

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Howdy ConquestKen,
Welcome aboard!! Those Conquest are nice rigs.. I tried to find what you were talking about the cabinet, but all of the pics I could come up with had the TV on the left side and a door on the right.. Enjoy it and stay away from drive-in ATMs..(oh, that was a 5r)
Smooth roads and balmy breezes,

butterbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 02:12 PM   #54

I need some help please

My friend just purchased a 2003 Gulf Stream Ultra Supreme with the Koala package upgrade....here is the issue....I am living in it for the time being , it has a dish on top also a antenna. I am trying to just use the TV Antenna to use TV's but cannot seem to find this switch everyone keeps telling me must be put on to tell system which it is using....any help would be accepted I am at my wits end
Thank you
Old 12-06-2010, 02:47 PM   #55

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi Sandra, and welcome to IRV2!
It could be that no one ever updated the system for digital reception. Check to see if there is a digital converter box if the TV's are analog. If the TV's have been updated to HDTV they may be capable of receiving a digital signal.

Old 12-07-2010, 02:39 AM   #56
Moderator Emeritus

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Hello Sandria and and to the Gulf Stream Owners Forum. We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. I am sure you will enjoy the website and forums. Good luck, stay safe and keep us posted. Some antennas are powered by the audio video switch box instead of little button of coaxial splitter.