Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Gulf Stream Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2021, 05:27 PM   #281

Motorhome newbie here

Hi all. I just purchased a 1996 Sun Voyager. Seems to run good. Needs some work. I am looking for manuels like a Haynes for cars. I might be asking for unicorns and elves. If anyone knows where I might find them let me know.
coachklc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2022, 11:37 PM   #282

2008 G-31-MB Sprinter GS Vista Cruiser New to Me

Just purchased (Jan. '22) a 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser G-31-MB with 77K on it, V6 turbo diesel, shower behind driver, sink/TV behind that. Cooktop, Micro/Fridge on passenger side. Rear front facing sofa with outside shoulder harnesses, jump seats over the wheel wells and the sofa is motorized down to a pair of twin beds or insert the table and jump seat backrests for a queen size. Last year (?) that front seats rotate to cabin. Rather odd and annoying "roll top" overhead cabinets but I'm sure they are super lightweight compared to heavy wood doors like on other brands, just have to figure out how to make them slide easier? Soap in the wood groove/tracks or silicone or ??

I bought it in Austin, will drive it 1700 miles to Maryland end of February. Already did an oil change and full detail inside and out which transformed the filthy beast from the elderly prior owner into a quite nice little mini coach. My plan is to use it to tow my S2000 on an ultra light trailer to race tracks and stay at the track. Planning to tow my NSX about 5,000 to 6,000 miles round trip to Phoenix, Arizona by way of Atlanta, Austin and back the same way next October.

I have owned a 2013 Mercedes ML350 with the very high performance version of this same V6 engine for many years and it has been perfect for 100K miles.

My plans for March-June is to install 3-4 100W solar panels along with 3x 100ah batteries, Charge & Inverter system already acquired. Want to add a basic pair of roof racks to hold my 96x36 Thule for luggage. I'm going to install a couple of new audio/video systems with subwoofers since I have all the gear anyway.

I'd love anyone's input on building a new battery tray/support under the air cleaner/coolant overflow where there is a large open space above where the lower bumper wraps under for 1-2 batteries. I might put 1-2 in the very rear left and right of the water tanks under the sofa, but hate to put all that weight that far behind the rear axle. Up front would be better I think (although not as good for wiring).

I'd also love to see if anyone has used the back of the rear overhead cabinet up high with the back doors open to mount electronic components. Seems like a big, 48" x 24" space 6" or more "deep" (to the back doors closed) to mount a lot of solar and audio stuff, all hidden with the doors closed.

The Onan 2500 watt MicroLite LPG generator supposedly was hard to start from non-use and now doesn't even crank. The furnace also doesn't run. I think there are electrical gremlins to sort out. Anticipating having to remove and clean the genset, perhaps clean carb, new spark plug, check wiring, maybe a regulator etc. Hopefully not more than that. I looked into converting to a diesel one but seems cost prohibitive. Looking for additional spaces underneath for either a larger propane tank or perhaps mounting and connecting several of them for more capacity. Want to be able to run the AC for perhaps 30 hours or more without getting a refill.

It has LT245/75/16 tires on it and the door says 47 front and 71 rear at full GVWR but I'm wondering what the real world pressures should be when empty, or later full AND towing. Anyway, I can see buying larger wheels and going to bigger, lower profile tires for better handling, but so far I like the way it drives so perhaps not. Been a long time since I've driven anything with this much sidewall on the tire other than my 22.5's on my Newmar's!

I'll probably repeat each of these subjects in threads of their own but feel free to reply and/or PM me with ideas/solutions. I figure this is a pretty small club of these units, need to get the "gang" together to share helpful stuff.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5021.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	354491   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5052.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	354492  

Name:	IMG_4931.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	354493   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4985.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	354494  

Name:	IMG_4939.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	354495   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4970.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	354496  

Name:	IMG_4947.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	354497   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4925.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	354498  

Old 01-24-2022, 02:50 PM   #283

Thumbs up full time, all the time!!

Hi everyone from Kenora Ontario,,Canada!!
Temperature today is a balmy -27C with a windchill of -36.
My wife and I will be starting the next phase of our lives this year by going full time. Our summer months (April-Sept) will be spent in our 2016 29 RKS Jayco Elite travel trailer in Kenora Ontario Canada while our winter months (Sept-April) will be spent travelling the southern USA in our 2006 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager SE 8295. We have been RV owners of tent trailers, travel trailers, 5ers, and now motorhome for approx 20 years and have loved every moment of it. We absolutely love our motorhome which we affectionately refer to as "BABS". We have just finished the last of the preparations to make our travels more comfortable. We installed a power loveseat with console along with matching recliner going in the sunroom, 43" smart TV up front, 36" in bedroom, new 3" magnaflow exhaust, Bilstein shocks all around with SumoSprings along with new rubber all around. Have been shopping around for a reliable TPMS c/w 10 sensors. Any info on reliable TPMS would be greatly appreciated!! I LOVE THIS FORUM!!
Grant and Bella Mauthe
Molly (our 3 legged wonderdog)
2006 GulfStream 30' SunVoyager SE , 8.1 Vortec on W22 chassis, 5 speed Allison with grade braking.
2016 Ram Longhorn
Grants Jayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 03:58 AM   #284

Hay, enjoy the forum and stay safe. We all used to be new to the forum and new to RVing. I have been RVing for at least 30 years and I am still learning and enjoying it.
This is the place to come for opinionated help.
Old 05-18-2022, 02:44 PM   #285

Guess I should post to Gulfstream Owners

Just bought a 2005 Crescendo 36ft. Having a trusted shop go through all the mechanicals including speedo repair. Look forward to leaning on many through this site for help on keeping things going down the road.
Old 06-05-2022, 06:41 AM   #286

Hi
Name is Rick Lapointe from Niagara Falls, Ontario , Canada

Owner of a 2007 Tour Master T36, with Detroit Mercedes Benz
PeppyRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 04:33 AM   #287

Hi PeppyRick, We are glad you are here. Enjoy the forum.
Old 06-21-2022, 09:47 AM   #288

New to Gulfstream Forum

Hello from Ontario,Canada!
We recently purchased a lovingly maintained 2006 Gulfstream Sun Voyager SE 30'. She has 70,000km's on a Workhorse chassis with the 8.1 vortex and 6 speed Allison transmission. Some upgrades to her were 3" magnaflow exhaust system, sumo springs, Bilstein shocks, solar package along with interior upgrades. We were quite fortunate to come across her. We also own a 32' Jayco Elite travel trailer that we spend our Canadian summer at in Ontario.Our Gulfstream will be taking us South for the winters. Along with my wife and I we also have our 3 legged companion dog named Molly (a fluffy Wheaton Terrior)with the most beautiful personality.
Looking forward to following the site, we have been traveling and camping for over 30 years and love the lifestyle,,, would never give it up🙂🙂🙂
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3332.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	368897   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3342.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	368898  

Name:	IMG_2942.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	368899   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2938.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	159.9 KB
ID:	368900  

Old 06-23-2022, 07:02 PM   #289

Gulf Streamers Club
Welcome to the GulfStream section of the forum….have a best friend with a 2004 Newmar Scottsdale 35 with the Vortex/Allison combination and he loves the power of the vortex and the reliability of the Allison trany. I did consider looking at one and a salesman told me to be aware the brakes are known to cause trouble on that GM Chassisi…your is low mileage so suspect it will be something you can get ahead of..
We have a 2005 GulfStream Enduramax Toyhauler on the Chev C5500 Kodiak chassis with the LLY Duramax diesel and just camping in Bangor on our return north from Ft. Myers to PEI….best of luck on your RV adventure.
Skipper56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 07:46 AM   #290

Thank you for that,,, yes the brakes were an issue but the original owner dealt with all the recall issues,,again,,thanks for the info and happy and safe travels!!!
Old 10-01-2023, 06:40 AM   #291

Hello, I’m Herb my wife’s name is Bella.
We’ve just purchased our first RV this week and picked it up today. We have a young family and the kids are excited to the point it’s a pain but that’s why I bought it. It’s a 98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager.
When a dream comes true I didn’t expect it be stressful. I have lots to learn in general and this RV in particular. We have our maiden trip scheduled late October.
BrothaTrucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 10:23 AM   #292

Welcome Herb and Bella
OOOOOO the memories you will make.
The adventures you will have.
We all were newbies once.
You also will be well versed in the rv lifestyle soon.
Safe travels
woodworker414 is offline   Reply With Quote