Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Gulf Stream Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2011, 07:44 PM   #1

No power from generator

I have a 2002 Gulf Stream with a Generac Guardian diesel generator.I'm not getting any power from the generator to the motor home, iv'e even tried pushing the coils in the transfer box and had no power there either, iv'e checked every fuse i could find with no luck. i don't know how to check a relay. Any suggestions ? THANKS DALE
the yats is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2011, 08:00 PM   #2

I don't have the knowledge to diagnose the problem but me thinks that your problem may be that the stator is shot. You will need a Generac dealer to fully figure out what is going on.

The stator went out on our 5500 after 7.34 hours of run time. Took 3 days to get to a dealer to figure it out and then 2 weeks to get a replacement stator.

Good luck.
Jim Gehlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:19 PM   #3

Thanks Jim, As we say down here in south Louisiana, sounds like BOO COO money
Old 05-28-2011, 07:47 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Did you check the breaker on the gen set?
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 07:59 PM   #5

If you have a volt meter check for voltage right at the generator 110 volt terminals. If you have no volts=generator problem,fuse,regulator boad etc, if you have volts=maybe bad xfer switch. When trouble shooting electrical problems always start at the source of the power and work foward.
Greg
mahon1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 03:58 PM   #6

That was it. I didn't see that the breaker was off under the plastic cover.Thanks a bunch, me and my wallet are over joyed
Old 07-15-2011, 08:10 PM   #7

Samething Happened to me in Alabama

Is the generator running? If so and you are still not getting power - same thing with mine and it ended up being a "power transfer" switch which I had replaced at Camping World for about 1200 hundred dollars....thank gosh for extended warranties...cost me 100 dollars.
rvnewbie1489 is offline   Reply With Quote