Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Gulf Stream Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Rate your Gulf Stream
1990 to 1995 were good years 19 8.52%
1990 to 1995 were not good years 5 2.24%
1996 to 2000 were good years 33 14.80%
1996 to 2000 were not good years 4 1.79%
2001 to 2005 were good years 69 30.94%
2001 to 2005 were not good years 17 7.62%
2006 to 2010 were good years 59 26.46%
2006 to 2010 were not good years 22 9.87%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2016, 06:08 PM   #57

Gulf Streamers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to normandlegra
In 2010, I was a proud owner of a new 2010 Gulfstream class A 38 footer, model 8367; we had our problems with that piece of junk since we put it on the road.

We always had problems with extending and retracting our extensions, it was common to us and the hydraulic leveling system was a PITA also. We had it serviced in some piss poor rv shop in Ocala.
Coming back home this spring, we had to get that RV fixed once and for all.

After some intensive inspection, Urgence Roulotte in Trois-Rivieres, QC, found out that we had a serious water infiltration from the dining area extension; the wall and the floor of that extension had to be rebuilt; infiltration was from the poor joint made by the factory, between the ceiling and outside wall of the extension.
The opposite extension also had some problems retracting... it was found out that the supporting 4 rollers installed under the floor were not installed properly and the 1/2" floor collapsed with the weight of the kitchen extension; so they had to rebuilt the floor.

The final cost was over $20,000 to fix this poor GULFSTREAM piece of **** product.

That's it, thanks for reading me.

My e-mail is normand.legrand@gmail.com if anyone or even GULFSTREAM CIE wants more details of this piece of **** product.
normandlegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2016, 04:21 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wbraunbe View Post
We have a 2016 Conquest 6237 24'. It has a 5.4 Ford V8 and 5 speed.

We have put on 3000 miles so far and it has been great. No leaks, good mileage. (9-10 Mpg), comfortable and a nice floor plan for a 24 footer.

We would recommend Gulf Stream.
nice to hear something about the newer ones, most in the thread are pretty old
thanks
gatorb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 08:55 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgc44a View Post
but the biggest one was the stupidity of installing an engine in a small cubicle with no ventilation. That was dumb. Results? Don't bother buying a Gulf Stream Class A unless you can find one with a Cummins diesel.
Why would the Cummings in the small cubicle with no ventilation be better?
BigBillSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 06:49 AM   #60

Good Day Gulfstream Owners. It’s been a process and it’s finally back on the road. I’m the original proud owner of a 1999-8430 Tourmaster. Due to excess fibreglass/paint checking/crazing issues it’s had new fibreglass and of course new paint. Thanku to “Alberto” and The Boys at OneExtreme in Hemet Ca. We look forward to many more years of happy travels. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1530.JPG
Views:	181
Size:	664.4 KB
ID:	206921Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1533.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	302.7 KB
ID:	206922Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1532.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	264.1 KB
ID:	206923
Rebel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 03:23 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixieray53 View Post
Any idea how I find these areas. The Gulf Stream appears to be in near new shape. One owner, local trade, 7500 miles, lotsa extras, the dealership is one of the best in the USA. And they do the maintanace on our 2003 Bounder. There is another coach, a 2007-2008 National RV Tropi-Cal, the dealer that has it has basically said if I buy the GulfStream it will be the worst thing I have ever done. Hummm...Peace D
It's because Gulfstream will only work with their dealers. Documentation, as I have learned the hard way is scarce on the web and GS will not send you anything.
TheEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 08:09 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel99 View Post
Good Day Gulfstream Owners. It’s been a process and it’s finally back on the road. I’m the original proud owner of a 1999-8430 Tourmaster. Due to excess fibreglass/paint checking/crazing issues it’s had new fibreglass and of course new paint. Thanku to “Alberto” and The Boys at OneExtreme in Hemet Ca. We look forward to many more years of happy travels. Attachment 206921Attachment 206922Attachment 206923

That is a nice paint job Rebell99. I have a 2002 Scenic Cruiser which I bought new in April 2003 and the original paint job has held pretty good. But I have noticed that in some parts the clear coat is starting to peel off. Was wondering the name of the shop where you had yours done. I live close to Hemet and wouldn't mind repainting it again since it has been an excellent coach. I will probably keep it another few years.
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 11:46 AM   #63

Good Day Ray. I would highly recommend Alberto (951-201-0353) and his team at ONEEXTREME PAINT & DESIGN in Hemet. Even better as you like me would be able to watch the process as you live close by. Good luck and thanks for the positive comment.
Rebel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 10:10 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finelinevan View Post
I read a some peoples reviews. I have a 2004 BT cruiser 5270. I am picky as to how things run but I have had no issues leaks , squeaks or any problems. She still looks new, runs great , so I as well as many Gulf stream owners have nice units. I am sure some have had issues as with all manufactures. I have kept my unit well maintained, recently took out the older rugs and replaced with oak flooring because like my home we constantly upgrade and keep things up. Granted I can do all kinds of wood work and vehicle work helps. My fiberglass is clean and shinny as is roof like the day it was new.
I built a garage for it which really helps preserve for many years to come. I also repaint under carriage with black paint every few years to keep rust off unit. Those who park their units with no cover and let the weather take over it well I guess can afford to buy new units every few years.
We love the BT cruiser its the perfect size with queen size bed and 1 slide out we also get good fuel mileage 10 to 12 mpg then a big bulky C class or A, glad we own one, more so now that they don't make B plus motor homes anymore

. I feel I own a classic now and just like a classic car I take pride she still looks like new when I hit the road this season with 25k miles on her shes is new LOOKING STILL.We retire in 7 years and she will be ready for us to go long term. Now we have summers off and shes just fine.
I had the exact same rig that I just traded in December of '18. We had it for more than 6 years. No breakdowns. Engine noisy but dependable. Fairly good mileage for a V-10 pulling a toad (9.75/mpg). We specifically wanted the 5270 and flew to Florida to buy it after we found the plan we wanted. Drove it home from there and blew a tire in Atlanta. Dealer ended up paying for everything, especially since there was a fairly new spare stored underneath.
I replaced the awning material, all brakes and calipers etc.. The calipers were known for rusting in place and the brakes sticking. That was my experience as well. No more problems after brake service. We put in vinyl planking and stick-on backsplash. That was quite an improvement. Never had a problem with heater . Replaced Suburban water heater. No more problem there. Thermostat was flaky but lived with it. All in all was a great rig and had just turned 50k when traded.
Good luck with yours and have safe travels
Bytesponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 03:30 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytesponge View Post
I had the exact same rig that I just traded in December of '18. We had it for more than 6 years. No breakdowns. Engine noisy but dependable. Fairly good mileage for a V-10 pulling a toad (9.75/mpg). We specifically wanted the 5270 and flew to Florida to buy it after we found the plan we wanted. Drove it home from there and blew a tire in Atlanta. Dealer ended up paying for everything, especially since there was a fairly new spare stored underneath.
I replaced the awning material, all brakes and calipers etc.. The calipers were known for rusting in place and the brakes sticking. That was my experience as well. No more problems after brake service. We put in vinyl planking and stick-on backsplash. That was quite an improvement. Never had a problem with heater . Replaced Suburban water heater. No more problem there. Thermostat was flaky but lived with it. All in all was a great rig and had just turned 50k when traded.
Good luck with yours and have safe travels
Just another note after rereading your post.
Gulfstream is now producing the BT Cruiser again. I think they started mfg. them in 2017 due to popular demand. They still have the 5270 floorplan. The interior is not as nice and everything is extra of course.
Good rig
Old 03-25-2019, 03:37 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayChez1 View Post
That is a nice paint job Rebell99. I have a 2002 Scenic Cruiser which I bought new in April 2003 and the original paint job has held pretty good. But I have noticed that in some parts the clear coat is starting to peel off. Was wondering the name of the shop where you had yours done. I live close to Hemet and wouldn't mind repainting it again since it has been an excellent coach. I will probably keep it another few years.
Post #60 mentions the business located in Hemet
Good luck
Old 06-18-2019, 01:56 PM   #67

Proud Owner Not!!!
2019 Gulf Stream Ameri-Lite 218MB POS!!!
Shower leaked from day one Nov 19 2018, Has been repaired by GS authorized dealer
and still leaks to this day.
Dealer "states" We do not even file a warranty claim on these units as GS will not pay. We just asbort the cost of the repair......
The shower is make of the same 1/16th inch thick wallboard used thru out the unit,
pieced together with the joints covered with the same 1/16th inch strips and puddy
trying to cover the seams in the shower. It only leaks "whenever we use it" so we don't
in order to keep the camper from disintegrating into a pile of "poop" ie.......................,
woodchips, staples, paper & glue we use the campground showers.
GS has been contacted, notified several times to no avail, no help, no one there really gives a "poop" .. We sell campers, not service, you bought it, it's yours.
You can take that to the bank!
In all fairness everything else has worked the one time we used it .........
but it sucks as a yard ornament, Just a big "POS" collecting dust.......
Beware of anything make by, for or thru Gulf Stream.
Old 06-20-2019, 01:50 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyeagle View Post
Proud Owner Not!!!
2019 Gulf Stream Ameri-Lite 218MB POS!!!
Shower leaked from day one Nov 19 2018, Has been repaired by GS authorized dealer
and still leaks to this day.
Dealer "states" We do not even file a warranty claim on these units as GS will not pay. We just asbort the cost of the repair......
The shower is make of the same 1/16th inch thick wallboard used thru out the unit,
pieced together with the joints covered with the same 1/16th inch strips and puddy
trying to cover the seams in the shower. It only leaks "whenever we use it" so we don't
in order to keep the camper from disintegrating into a pile of "poop" ie.......................,
woodchips, staples, paper & glue we use the campground showers.
GS has been contacted, notified several times to no avail, no help, no one there really gives a "poop" .. We sell campers, not service, you bought it, it's yours.
You can take that to the bank!
In all fairness everything else has worked the one time we used it .........
but it sucks as a yard ornament, Just a big "POS" collecting dust.......
Beware of anything make by, for or thru Gulf Stream.
If it is leaking around the skylight, it should be an easy repair. Buy a roll of eternabond and bond it all around the skylight. About a 15 minute job. I done my roof many years ago. I just did not want to be climbing up and down the coach at my age to caulk it with Dicor, so I bought two rolls of Eternabond and just laid it right over the seams from one end to the other and the cross seams where the front and rear caps connect to the roof center part. Never have to worry about water leaks.
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 02:05 PM   #69

Send a message via Skype™ to legrandnorm
Would you beleive that I still have my POS 2010 Gulfstream !
It costed me so much in 2016, I just want to use it for quite some time before it dies on me. No more problem anymore, all was repaired perfectly by a great Quebec rv worker.
legrandnorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 06:48 AM   #70

We had a 2010 Caribbean 35A. Layout was good and it was built with standard quality components. That's pretty much where it ended. Every time I would work on a repair or modification, it seems I would find trash left behind from the original build - sloppy or no QA. The electrical on the slide out was a nightmare - definite fire hazard. Leveling system never worked right despite many attempts to fix. Always chasing water leaks... The final straw for me was delamination near the rear of the coach. I will never buy another GS product and certainly would not recommend to anyone i know.
mark103 is offline   Reply With Quote