Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Gulf Stream Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2011, 05:50 AM   #1

Splendide washer/dryer

I have a 2003 Sun Voyager with a Splendide 2000 washer/dryer combo. It does not dry very well and there seems to be very little air coming out the vent on the side of the MH. I am thinking that I have a restriction in the vent. I can't see how to get the combo out to check the vent for the dryer. Can anyone help? Thanks
Trinkdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2011, 07:18 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Splendide Voodoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinkdw View Post
I have a 2003 Sun Voyager with a Splendide 2000 washer/dryer combo...Can anyone help? Thanks
I just cycled ours yesterday, in preparation for our Santa Fe/ABQ Balloon Fiesta deployment. During our Feb NM trip, a split vent hose let snow into the area behind the unit and froze a hot water pipe to the shower. It's possible there is a tear/split in the hose (unlike ones in your home, it bounces around). Even more likely, the hose has lint accumulated in it. For safety, I'd replace it periodically. Take a segment to the home improvement store for easy replacement (can't remember if it is in the gas plumbing or appliance section).

The unit has a dreadful door design: its latch is an Achilles Heel. Make sure the red STATUS/DOOR LOCK light is blinking slowly before attempting to open the door; even then, it is a two-hand operation: pull the latch gently and with the other hand use fingernails to pry on the edge of the door. The latch is plastic and prone to fail. Replacing it costs around $60.
RVNeophytes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 01:07 PM   #3
YC1

I saved this information. Maybe it will be useful.

Procedures for cleaning out the lint from the washer/dryer:

"they eliminated the lint screen in the 2100 with a design feature that catches the lint in water and flushes it down the drain. Nice idea, but not quite perfect in results."

THE PROBLEM: With use the lint eventually sticks inside and restricts, then plugs the air outlet, making the dryer useless." If you have a lint screen, you should be OK. If not, you might want to try the process. For the 2100XC, cycle 11 is "silk", which adds A LOT of water to the drum. Cycle 2 is "heavy duty". You'd have to check for comparable cycles on an older unit.

Clearing lint from Splendide’s Interior Duct
1. Run the unit without clothes and with the dry time off on cycle # 11.
2. When the water stops entering the unit push and hold the start button until all the lights come on then release the button.
3. Next, move the cycle knob to cycle # 2 and press the start button once (do not hold).
4. Let it run through that complete cycle.
5. Do this twice.

If in frequent use, do this once each month to avoid buildup.
If the above treatment fails, try it again, adding a cup of white vinegar to break down the deposited soap and fabric softener.

FALL BACK PROCEDURE IF THE ABOVE PROCEDURE FAILS

1. Pull the unit out and remove flexible exhaust duct.
2. Pick out as much lint as you can from the air outlet on the back of the dryer.
3. Put a garden hose in the outlet and blow the blockage into the washer.
4. Run the washer on a short cycle. The blockage breaks up and goes out the drain.
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 04:57 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Can you remove the outside vent hood and clean it from that direction?
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:21 AM   #5

I was hoping to take the unit out and clean the vent. I don't think I would be able to reach far enough from the outside. Does anyone know how to get the unit out? Thanks.
Trinkdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:29 AM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via Skype™ to idenphones
I took the vent cover off of the outside of the coach and used a shop vac with no attachment to clean from the outside in then went inside and took the top cover off of the washer dryer (easy), removed the rubber bellows and vacuumed some more.

You may also see lint etc around the front of the drum. It tends to get stuck on the gasket between the drum and the washer itself.

Make sure you unplug it before you pull the top cover. Too many healthy electrons floating around inside there!!
idenphones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:01 AM   #7
YC1

Here is the manual for mine which might be useful. There is also a phone number on the front page. The folks were very helpful when I called them.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Splendide.pdf (2.09 MB, 251 views)
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 11:39 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
I saved this information. Maybe it will be useful.

Procedures for cleaning out the lint from the washer/dryer:

"they eliminated the lint screen in the 2100 with a design feature that catches the lint in water and flushes it down the drain. Nice idea, but not quite perfect in results."

THE PROBLEM: With use the lint eventually sticks inside and restricts, then plugs the air outlet, making the dryer useless." If you have a lint screen, you should be OK. If not, you might want to try the process. For the 2100XC, cycle 11 is "silk", which adds A LOT of water to the drum. Cycle 2 is "heavy duty". You'd have to check for comparable cycles on an older unit.

Clearing lint from Splendide’s Interior Duct
1. Run the unit without clothes and with the dry time off on cycle # 11.
2. When the water stops entering the unit push and hold the start button until all the lights come on then release the button.
3. Next, move the cycle knob to cycle # 2 and press the start button once (do not hold).
4. Let it run through that complete cycle.
5. Do this twice.

If in frequent use, do this once each month to avoid buildup.
If the above treatment fails, try it again, adding a cup of white vinegar to break down the deposited soap and fabric softener.
When do you add the vinegar?
jpainter01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 05:51 PM   #9

My Lint removal procedure...try this after all the fancy procedures DON'T work. First regardless of the marketing hype on "Lint-less" it's not!
Locate the big hose clamps then loosen the clamps and remove the flexible hose.
Use a vac hose to remove all the lint in the hose and vac out the exhaust port on the dryer then do the same thing to the vent shroud attached to the outside wall.
Before you put the dryer hose back on, stretch out the hose and measure this distance. Add a few of inches and cut the rest of the hose off. The reason is like in my case, I found I needed about 2 foot of hose and not 6 foot of hose. My original hose had several bends in it for no reason.
The longer the hose the more restrictions it creates and the longer the drying time.

Hope this helps- I plan to design a box to hold a easy access, removable filter.

John
Discovery 40x
KF5UMC is offline   Reply With Quote