Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2018, 12:05 PM   #1

03 Intrigue inverter question

My Intrigue has a Trace 2000 watt inverter which works good but is not a pure sinewave inverter. It runs most items on the coach ok but the microwave makes an odd sound when running compared to when using shore power.

I have a Magnum 2000 watt inverter that is pure sinewave that was in my last coach. It's newer and pure sinewave so I'm thinking of swapping out the Trace. Has anyone here done such an upgrade? Any issues with the current wiring that had to be changed? I would have to add the auto generator start module which is built into the Trace but an add on module with the Magnum but it's not too expensive so I'm ok with that if it can be done without too much trouble. Just looking for any tips from someone who has done this mod.
sanddan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2018, 12:25 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddan View Post
My Intrigue has a Trace 2000 watt inverter which works good but is not a pure sinewave inverter. It runs most items on the coach ok but the microwave makes an odd sound when running compared to when using shore power.

I have a Magnum 2000 watt inverter that is pure sinewave that was in my last coach. It's newer and pure sinewave so I'm thinking of swapping out the Trace. Has anyone here done such an upgrade? Any issues with the current wiring that had to be changed? I would have to add the auto generator start module which is built into the Trace but an add on module with the Magnum but it's not too expensive so I'm ok with that if it can be done without too much trouble. Just looking for any tips from someone who has done this mod.
Have changed out several inverters, same wiring for all, sinewave makes no difference except to 120 volt appliances, which generally run better on pure sinewave. If you have a remote inside coach, need to check wiring from inverter to remote, most use a telephone type cable but some use 6 connectors and some use 8. So might have to modify it or run new cable to new remote. Assuming you have a bypass transfer switch that bypasses inverter completely when on sp or gen. If using transfer switch in inverter make sure same or greater capacity. You will probably have to change some settings to match your batteries.
Old 10-26-2018, 12:25 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I just swapped out our Trace inverter for a Magnum inverter in our Monaco coach and I also installed the Magnum AGS. I installed the new MSH3012 hybrid inverter, so it created a few issues you will not have.

This is a link to a detailed install thread:http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/swapping-a-trace-xantrex-inverter-for-a-magnum-in-a-2004-monaco-signature-386835.html

Let me know if you have any questions?
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter