Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2017, 07:19 PM   #1

1990 Prevost Country Coach Manuals and diagrams Needed

Hi all,

Just got this nice 1990 Prevost Country Coach that was repo'ed some time ago and all the Country Coach manuals, electrical diagrams and conversion manual, circuits descriptions, wiring tables etc. are missing.
I have a mess of wires with numbers on in a lot of locations and panels and don't know what they do... HELP !!!

Does anybody on this forum have a 1990 40 XL that has all the CC documentation ? I would pay for copies to be made and sent to us.

Please help if you can. Thanks !
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2017, 07:55 PM   #2

Pictures please!

[mod edit]

Good luck!
moore101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 12:19 AM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
I don't know how similar my manuals would be but I'd be happy to share them with you if you think they would help. My coach is 1990 Country Coach Concept on a Gillig chassis. I suspect there was a lot of continuity to Country Coach's methods and designs between models of the same vintage. Let me know if you think it would help.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
2006 Jeep Wrangler X, Blue Ox Towbar
Rsponsford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 08:25 AM   #4

Good morning Russ. Thanks for the offer.
Let's see how close they are.....
- Does your coach have propane ? Cooktop, 3 way Dometic fridge and outside grill.
- 3 CruiseAir basement AC split systems ? No roof ACs...
- Older type Heart Inverter separate from 2 chargers for the house bank ?
- 2 engine driven AC compressors that provide OTR AC through the CruiseAir interior air handlers for Dash and Bedroom ?
- Lounge, Galley and Bedroom baseboard electric heaters ?
- Webasto Diesel Hydronic heating system with heat exchangers in the dash, Lounge, galley, bedroom and bath ?
- electric water heaters, two 10 gal stacked ?
- diesel generator- Cummins/Onan 16kw ?

I hope it is similar and your manuals would work. Thanks again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170120_155611.jpg
Views:	594
Size:	248.5 KB
ID:	149844  
Old 01-23-2017, 10:17 AM   #5

Just talked to Country Coach/ Winnebago folks and they do not have anything going back that far...lost most of the stuff pre 1998 when they went belly up in 2009.....so my hope rests with folks that have the same vintage and can help with the documentation.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8CA790B5-7D95-489D-AE2B-1A59326E7CCD.JPG
Views:	393
Size:	179.1 KB
ID:	149854   Click image for larger version

Name:	631FE39C-1D92-4EBD-AF93-C8B306512181.JPG
Views:	191
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	149855  

Old 01-23-2017, 03:43 PM   #6

[QUOTE=magav;3428203]Good morning Russ. Thanks for the offer.
Let's see how close they are.....
- Does your coach have propane ? Cooktop, 3 way Dometic fridge and outside grill.
Yes on all three. Also, my hot water heater is propane and electric (can be either or both)

- 3 CruiseAir basement AC split systems ? No roof ACs...
Yes. My coach is a 36' so I only have two CruiseAir basement units. No roof ACs.

- Older type Heart Inverter separate from 2 chargers for the house bank ?
No. Originally yes, but mine has been upgraded to a 3000W pure sine wave inverter/converter/charger by Xantrex with Automatic Generator Start (AGS). The Xantrex Echo Charger has also been added for charging chassis batteries once house batteries are fully charged. These units are stackable for larger applications such as yours.

- 2 engine driven AC compressors that provide OTR AC through the CruiseAir interior air handlers for Dash and Bedroom ?
I have one engine driven compressor (R12) which provides OTR AC though separate dash vents and bedroom vents and separate fan speed controls.

- Lounge, Galley and Bedroom baseboard electric heaters ?
Only one AC powered electric baseboard heater with thermostat in the lounge area.

- Webasto Diesel Hydronic heating system with heat exchangers in the dash, Lounge, galley, bedroom and bath ?
Yes. Works fantastic and extremely fuel efficient. Typically the only heat source we ever use when heat is needed. It even provided more than enough heat during an overnight ice storm while in Texas one time. The outside of the coach was covered in over a half inch of ice and I had to turn the thermostat down a few times. By the way, I replaced my original thermostats with digital/LCD display units and maintaining a consistent temperature is much easier now.

- electric water heaters, two 10 gal stacked ?
I wish. This is the only shortcoming on our coach for our needs. We have a 6 gallon Suburban gas/AC electric water heater. Just enough for me but a little short on hot water for my wife and three daughters. It's not the original water heater but I believe the original was also 6 gallon. I would like to see if there's room to replace it with a 10 gallon.

- diesel generator- Cummins/Onan 16kw ?
Yes, but mine is the smaller 7.5kw Cummings/Onan

Beautiful coach by the way. Thanks for posting the photos. I would be happy to scan any documentation you think may be helpful and send you a Dropbox link.

Russ

Old 01-23-2017, 03:48 PM   #7

magav-

By the way, state are you in? I saw the Texas plate in the photo but don't if that's current. I think there's a coach like yours for sale near us in Northern California. Assuming that's not your coach perhaps they would have manuals. I could get the phone number if you like.

Russ

Old 01-23-2017, 07:28 PM   #8

Thank you Russ !!! That would be great. Would be happy to cover the costs of your trouble and scanning.

I am in Indiana, the picture was taken not too long ago before I bought it in Wichita Falls TX.

I found a gentleman on the Prevost Community forum today that has the original 1990 owners manual and he offered to send me that one via email.

I don't have anything else though....wiring diagrams, wiring table with numbered wires and what circuit does what, House systems specifics to CC, specific converter stuff etc.

Did you do the conversion to the modern inverter charger ? Can you send me some info or tutorial ? I want to do it. Did you have to upgrade replace/rewire the Auto Power switch ? Right now the older system has 2 power switches... one for shore and generator and a separate one for the Inverter. I have a MS2812 Magnum with ARC50 remote and AGS and want to put it in as soon as possible. Looking for specifics if you can share.

Much appreciate all the help and suggestions !!! Thank you
Old 01-23-2017, 10:46 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by magav View Post
Thank you Russ !!! That would be great. Would be happy to cover the costs of your trouble and scanning.

I am in Indiana, the picture was taken not too long ago before I bought it in Wichita Falls TX.

I found a gentleman on the Prevost Community forum today that has the original 1990 owners manual and he offered to send me that one via email.

I don't have anything else though....wiring diagrams, wiring table with numbered wires and what circuit does what, House systems specifics to CC, specific converter stuff etc.

Did you do the conversion to the modern inverter charger ? Can you send me some info or tutorial ? I want to do it. Did you have to upgrade replace/rewire the Auto Power switch ? Right now the older system has 2 power switches... one for shore and generator and a separate one for the Inverter. I have a MS2812 Magnum with ARC50 remote and AGS and want to put it in as soon as possible. Looking for specifics if you can share.

Much appreciate all the help and suggestions !!! Thank you

I'm more than happy to provide any documentation and it won't cost anything. Some of it is already scanned and it's no problem to scan additional documentation. PM me with your email when you get a chance.

I didn't install the inverter/charger or the AGS but I do have all the documentation which covers installation and settings. I did install the Echo charger which is very easy to do. All of the operating and setup functions including generator start (manual or auto) are networked and controlled through the System Control Panel SCP which is an LCD display installed inside the coach. All of the power switching functions are automatic but I don't "hot swap" between generator and shore power.

I'll see if I can get a phone number for the coach I saw for sale in our area.

Russ

Old 01-28-2017, 09:25 AM   #10

Just remember the native chassis voltage is usually 24 instead of 12 on these rigs.

So you may have 3 seperate power systems.

Chassis native 24 volt.
Cabin added 12 volt for common rv and automotive stuff
120/240 vac system

Just be carefull with any wiring changes and expect voltages on wiring to be any of the above.
Old 01-28-2017, 01:40 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ60 View Post
Just remember the native chassis voltage is usually 24 instead of 12 on these rigs.

So you may have 3 seperate power systems.

Chassis native 24 volt.
Cabin added 12 volt for common rv and automotive stuff
120/240 vac system

Just be carefull with any wiring changes and expect voltages on wiring to be any of the above.

Good point! My coach is not on a Prevost chassis but is on a 12 volt Gillig chassis.
Old 01-29-2017, 12:22 AM   #12

Yes I know....thanks for the heads up.

One thing that bothers me on the 120v/240v side is that the few circuits powered by the inverter are not switching over to shore or generator feed once available....in other words, even with shore power or the 15kw generator running, theoretically powering everything in the whole coach, I have to turn on the Inverter to have power to the TVs upfront and bedroom, microwave and 2 other outlets.
I can see an Intelligent Power Switch that has the Shore and Gen feeds with output for the AC panel and just underneath, a separate Inverter AC power switch that feeds only certain circuits.
All the coaches I have dealt with in the last 25 years had a power combiner switch that put the Inverter on pause once the AC was available from Shore or Gen and fed ALL the circuits.....This Country Coach is different....wondering if that is the way others with 89,90,91 vintage have theirs wired by CC or mine has an issue.....
Old 01-29-2017, 02:52 AM   #13

magav-

I don't know how your coach should be but in my case all outlets and AC loads switch automatically when power is available from either shore or generator AC sources.

Old 01-29-2017, 08:54 AM   #14

We have 89 SE that has normal ATS for genny and a seperate one for the inverter.

And inside that one there is a little timer board that delays switch over.

This is to insure reliable power before switch back and is not needed but turned on anyway.

Ours failed so troubleshooting discovered it.

Simple fix.

Locate unit then open cover and see a tiny switch on the circuit board and possible label.

Flip switch while all is off.

Our inverter is manual control and not automatic.

Yours ???? Same general time frame so could be similar.

Tags
manual