Let me start by saying my wife does 98% of the driving as I tend to fall asleep. We have had this coach for about 2 years now I guess and she has had the complaint that the labels on all of the engraved switch panels are impossible to read in the daylight and that she would like them brighter.
Our control panel to the drivers left had a couple of switches added at some point for who knows what by someone who's only tool was a hatchet and as a result the engraved panel and the backer were broke in several places.
In an effort to brighten the illuminated labels I decided to experiment with this one and right away I spotted a problem in the light pods were glued in place with that foam type double stick tape and I thought using clear would certainly block less light.
I made a new engraved cover plate ( CC used a .020 cutter and I went to a .032 for the letters ) and relocated the mirror switches forward so the driver can see them as opposed to feeling for them behind you. Next I made and painted a new backer but used polycarbonate as it will not crack, then I went to sticking the light pods down using locktite's clear mounting tape and discovered at this point that most if not all of the lock-nuts holding the switches in were cracked and I ordered some black brass ones to replace them all. After I got it all back together I re-installed it in the coach only to find it made damn little if any improvement.
Anyhow I just thought I would share.