Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-09-2014, 02:38 PM   #1

1997 Magna chassis batteries.

As designed by CC, does the inverter/converter charge the chassis batteries when on shore power?

Thanks
Richard
House Husband is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2014, 08:19 PM   #2

Mine do. I have two inverter/charger control panels above the windshield. There are buttons on those panels that say charge. When they are activated your batteries should charge when on shore power.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:12 AM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
My 95 Magna did not.

The generator and shore power charged the house battery and the generator battery.

The alternator charges the house and chassis battery.

My
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:33 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Do you have a Xantrex inverter/charger with the little Echo Charge gizmo in the battery compartment? If so, the Echo charge is designed to do just what you want. My Echo charge died so I replaced with with a Trik-L-Charge and it works like a charm.
Old 02-10-2014, 12:37 PM   #5

Thanks ever one for your responses. Guess I should have mentioned that the coach is 36'.
Inside the front bay of the coach is a forward facing cover that gives access to the electrical compartment, with inverter/charger and all the fuses and circuit breakers. In that compartment is what I believe to be the BIRD. The relay is engaged and voltage is equal on both sides but still no charge to the chassis batteries. With out a wiring print, it's hard to decipher what cables and wires go where. I did find a large 3 pole isolator diode in the electrical compartment, which I find strange for a coach of that era. It had the normal 0.3 volt drop across the terminals.
The electrical compartment is a work of art, with very large cables going to the batteries in the back/left side of the coach.

Richard
House Husband is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries, chassis