Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2013, 10:58 AM   #1

1998 affinity

Looking at this one today. Supposedly, has only 8000 miles. Been started regularly, has new tires and batteries. Maintained well... all records... 75k

Opinions? We seem to be drawn to older coaches as we know their quality.
Campingkris is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2013, 11:11 AM   #2

A coach that has only had 500 miles a year, sounds to good to be true.
JMHO. a little over priced. But I don't have access to a book on pricing.
Dealer or private ? Look for any indication that the coach condition, and the mileage don't agree.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:00 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
I am biased. You will probably enjoy that rig.

Others will be concerned about lack of use causing future operating problems. Seals and hoses etc.

The price seems high. Low miles are attractive, but may indicate the full story of manufacturer errors has yet to be discovered. I would not pay much of a premium for the low miles. Was this a Concrete Queen or a stored unit?

The exterior paint condition is a concern as the clear coat paint may begin failing. That is an expensive repair.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:17 PM   #4

Saw the rig. The outside looks brand new - just off the showroom condition including the awnings on the windows. It was stored inside.
The interior is also just about perfect.. although the colors take some getting used to. We drove it and ran the generator.. It sounded and drove great. The rig was tight... not a single rattle.
The owner supposedly started it every few months and let it run. There's all the documents and brochures. It's quite a complicated rig with heat pumps, hydro heat system and who knows what we haven't figured out.
Tested about everything - except there was a water line issue which needs to be addressed before we could run the washer or water systems. A low point valve was stuck open.
Not sure we like the "voice" which says everything from close door to fasten seat belts. And it's got the old style TV and sound system - which we would have to change.

We have not made an offer yet. It's a cash only proposition and they are not interested in our trade..

The only flaw we noticed was that since it was apparently stored in a hot barn, the rubber gaskets in the duel pain windows have warped between the glass.. kind of looks funny. But the windows are all clear with no glaze.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:38 PM   #5
laj

so far you haven't said anything that would detour me from that rig. Anything you buy you can always find places to spend money and need a little help. As was said earlier wouldn't pay over price for it, but make your offer, take your chances. Even the new ones people are having issues, fighting with the dealerships/ factories. I personally think this is a better made coach then most new ones and a lot of older makes.
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:04 AM   #6

It will be a change going from a 3 slide 5er to a single slide motorhome.
It's extremely solid and most appliances haven't even been used.
So far everything seems to work, but there was a water line split so we couldn't test the water systems like the washer. They are working on it now. The engine looks brand new and the generator has about 150 hrs on in. Not the quietest gennie at the exhaust point, but I've heard worse.
Just think this would be a good way to see if we like the motorhome style without breaking the bank so to speak. And for the first time, we'd have no RV payment. But..will require a hit to the savings obviously.

decisions...
Old 07-13-2013, 08:09 AM   #7

The link
Old 07-13-2013, 09:44 AM   #8

The rig is exactly as pictured.
Wish I knew what to do...
We have to store outside - unfortunately can't afford inside storage in this great state..
But, think the depreciation hit might be less on this rig than others and I think there will always be a market for Country Coach models
Old 07-14-2013, 09:33 AM   #9

The coach looks nice. Very similar to ours except for the slide and the bigger engine. It should have a Hurricane system rather than a HydroHot. It will give you many years and miles of enjoyment. The Tvs are easy fix if you can do it yourself. I just put a new TV up front for less than $50 not counting the TV. Between Gillig and Country Coach, you can get pretty much anything you need for the coach. If you decide to buy it, I recommend you take it to Country Coach and have them do a full inspection. Doug Beaudry in service charges $200 for the inspection. Ours also have a Gillig chassis. As we speak (type?) Country Coach is replacing most of the bushings on the Giilig. Pretty much anything you need, Country Coach can fix.
Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:18 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
At first I thought the $75k was high for a 98 model single slide coach. After checking the NADA guide it says low retail is $68,450 and average retail is $82,470. This is not including the low mileage. Still, I would be very careful and check other 98 Affinity prices online across the country.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote