Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-17-2015, 10:37 AM   #29
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Jones View Post
Where was the water leak? It makes me want to look close at mine!
Driver's side about a foot in front of the bedroom window. You could tell the leak started at the roof somewhere because the delamination was straight down about 3' long.
barmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-18-2015, 10:18 PM   #30
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
We had another disappointment with a 36' Country Coach Allure today. This one also had water damage, only this time it was just behind the door. Water had turned the wall to mush, so much so the interior wall was warped and the grab rail couldn't be mounted to anything solid. The small cabinet next to the recliner had water damage around the bottom and was full of mold. It was really disappointing.
Old 12-18-2015, 10:30 PM   #31
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Now we're looking at a 2002 Fortravel U270 with living room slide.
Old 12-18-2015, 10:43 PM   #32

Dang, I'm surprised to hear about these coaches with water leaks! Its good you guys have the trained eye to look for these issues. I looked at 5 motorhomes in 11 months before I found mine.

I looked at a Foretravel last summer. They are nice and well built! Good luck on the purchase, post some pics if you get her.
John Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 10:54 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by barmcd View Post
Now we're looking at a 2002 Fortravel U270 with living room slide.

The one for 69k at mot? The only thing I know on the 02s would be to check the bulk head and the bulk head bolts. Can read about it here Bulkhead Separation
The 02s also had a problem with the rear cap on how it was attached to the sidewall. They got a zipper crack from the roof all the way down that looked like a zipper. I think most were fixed under warrantee. If that's the coach it's been on the site for awhile now. Looks nice only deal killer for me would be no private potty.
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 08:26 PM   #34
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Jones View Post
Dang, I'm surprised to hear about these coaches with water leaks! Its good you guys have the trained eye to look for these issues. I looked at 5 motorhomes in 11 months before I found mine.

I looked at a Foretravel last summer. They are nice and well built! Good luck on the purchase, post some pics if you get her.
My wife has an amazing talent for finding water damage! It's really disappointing to see the condition of some of these coaches.
Old 12-19-2015, 08:27 PM   #35
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike brez View Post
The one for 69k at mot? The only thing I know on the 02s would be to check the bulk head and the bulk head bolts. Can read about it here Bulkhead Separation
The 02s also had a problem with the rear cap on how it was attached to the sidewall. They got a zipper crack from the roof all the way down that looked like a zipper. I think most were fixed under warrantee. If that's the coach it's been on the site for awhile now. Looks nice only deal killer for me would be no private potty.
That's the one. The 163K gives us pause.

We've also located three other country coaches we want to look at. We passed on a '95 Affinity in San Antonio because it had 175K on it.
Old 12-19-2015, 08:52 PM   #36
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I'm thinking with 160K on the clock that the rear cap would have fallen off all ready if it was going to!
Old 12-19-2015, 09:41 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by barmcd View Post
I'm thinking with 160K on the clock that the rear cap would have fallen off all ready if it was going to!
No it won't fall off its a cosmetic thing. They tried a different way to blend the cap to the side wall and it did not work out so well. Was only trying to help with what I know.
Old 12-20-2015, 08:03 AM   #38
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike brez View Post
No it won't fall off its a cosmetic thing. They tried a different way to blend the cap to the side wall and it did not work out so well. Was only trying to help with what I know.
No worries Mike, we need all the help we can get.

I read up on the bulkhead issue and will make sure to look at that on the coach.
Old 01-12-2016, 01:28 PM   #39
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
We have a new lead on a supposedly good '99 CC Allure for sale. We're also waiting to hear about a 1998 Intrigue 36. Hopefully one of these will pan out.
Old 01-13-2016, 10:15 AM   #40
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
So I found this '99 Allure in MS with 68,000 miles on it at a very good price. Instead of driving over to Mississippi, I found a local mobile RV repairman that will check out the coach for $100 and let me know if it's worth my time. I'm not getting a full inspection at this price, but I am getting an independent assessment of the apparent condition of the coach. He's also going to take pictures for me.
Old 01-13-2016, 10:28 AM   #41
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Sure beats driving to MS to only to find a coach full of water stains and leaks which is what we've found so far.
Old 01-13-2016, 11:17 AM   #42

Looks good from the few photos. Nice price.